NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Author Topic: [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness -  (Read 145 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Beach Cave
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FiveNineSquared
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:52:20 AM by FiveNineSquared »

FiveNineSquared

• Blank Manuscript Paper
  • i'm terribly anti-social
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel
If you spoil PMD 2, I'll murder you :)
[YT Channel][MuseScore][Twitter]

Bespinben

• Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • I... I sHalL cOnsUmE. CoNsuMe.. cOnSuMe eVerYtHing
    • View Profile
    • Bespinben's Piano Performances and Sheet Music
    • Email

Just did some basic typesetting. Reset staff size to 6.5 millimeters to be in accordance with historical rastral sizes for solo piano music (6.0 to 7.4 are the limits, with 6.5 to 7.0 being the norm). Did alot of "un-XML"-ing since there are usually a lot of artifacts it generates. Standard printing margins are 0.5, with sides allowable up 0.75 -- this I set to 0.625 to offset the ungainly width of the US Letter paper while still giving a decent amount of horizontal width to each system of music. Gave a small 0.05" increase in height in the grand staff (some more and some less depending on whitespace) to give more breathing room for articulations and dynamics -- always avoid collisions like the plague. Finally, I condensed your self-made ending to 1 measure by starting a volta-style repeat mid-measure -- this eliminated the problem of having to have either 1 system of 4 measures (too tight) versus 2 systems of 2 measures (too wide).

[MUSX]

Thus sayeth the Gould
[close]

(Also, fyi, Yoshihiro Maeda was only in the credits for Explorers of Sky, so since Beach Cave was already composed for Time/Darkness 2 years prior to Sky, I removed his name from the composer credits)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:28:19 AM by Bespinben »
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FiveNineSquared

• Blank Manuscript Paper
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel

Seems like Finale Notepad can't open .musx files, so I can't see what you did exactly. Can you upload a mus file instead? :P

Still, thanks for providing those pointers and modifying the sizes; had no idea what the standards were for those. I'll be using that image a lot from now on! (It's kinda hard to do what you've done in Notepad though)
I think I used to believe that the soundtrack for EoTD and EoS had slight differences so I added Yoshihiro Maeda into the composer list. Thanks as well for removing that.

FiveNineSquared

• Blank Manuscript Paper
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel

Update!
All the formatting should be fine and dandy right now. Changed the score a bit.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.