News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Levi's Snippets of Gaming Trivia!

Started by LeviR.star, October 17, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Day 12

- searching for Paper Mario: Sticker Star on the Google Search engine will display the official site for Paper Mario: Color Splash as the first result
- Kirby: Star Allies returns to the mechanic of up to 3 Helpers from the cancelled title Kirby GCN
- unreleased cover art for the cancelled North American release of Mega Man: The Wily Wars feature Mega Man in his pose from the "Get a Weapon" sequence in Mega Man IV (Game Boy)
- Castlevania (1985) composer Kinuyo Yamashita composed the soundtrack for Mega Man X3
- an unused Samus narration for the introduction to Metroid Prime was repurposed later for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Friday Question: The Kirby & the Amazing Mirror incarnation of the copy ability Fighter directly reuses sprites from which other copy ability?

PM me once you have the answer, along with the game you want trivia on (assuming you win).
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Just throwing this out there for a second opinion, but this thread being interactive/a game makes me want to visit it less whereas I actually liked reading these every day before. Idk how other people feel though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 05, 2017, 06:27:11 AMJust throwing this out there for a second opinion, but this thread being interactive/a game makes me want to visit it less whereas I actually liked reading these every day before. Idk how other people feel though.

Y'know what, Slow? You're right. If I were to make a trivia game, I'd make a separate thread for it, (which I probably won't even do now, since only one person submitted an answer and it was wrong). I'll just go back to the regular routine.

Thanks for the feedback. Things will go back to normal now. (Sorry, THC)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Day 13

- the Regional Coins within the Luncheon Kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey resemble Gem Apples from Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
- the Kirby & the Amazing Mirror incarnation of the Fighter ability directly reuses sprites from the Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland Backdrop ability incarnation
- Harumi Fujita had composed 3 tracks for Mega Man 3 by the time she gave birth and had to be replaced by Yasuaki Fujita
- Vs. Excitebike was remade with Super Mario characters as BS Excitebike Bunbun Mario Battle Stadium, a title for the Satellaview peripheral
- the arcade versions of Mortal Kombat II & 3 contain fake character names to fool anyone examining their coding

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 06, 2017, 04:35:15 PM- the arcade versions of Mortal Kombat II & 3 contain fake character names to fool anyone examining their coding
I love this, it's almost as good as the time when Capcom pranked the West by swapping around Vega, Balrog, and M. Bison's names
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Day 14

- Bloopers are fully coded to be stomped above water in Super Mario Bros., but can only be defeated in such a way by utilizing the "Minus World" glitch in the Family Computer Disk System version of the game
- the cannonballs fired by Combo Cannon give the Bomb ability in the remake Kirby Super Star Ultra, while they give the Yo-Yo ability in the original
- unlike the other Dimensions in Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha, Compass Man does not have his own "Robot Master" stage
- Game & Watch Gallery 4 currently marks the last appearance of the character Donkey Kong I, or the younger incarnation of Cranky Kong
- the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit received a video game adaptation on both the Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy; these titles, however, have no relation, with completely separate developers, Rare and Capcom, respectively

LeviR.star

Day 15

- unused graphics for the Springboard from Super Mario World exist within the coding of its Game Boy port, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- the level Secret Sea in Kirby: Squeak Squad plays a remix of the Kirby's Adventure level theme for Orange Ocean, the confirmed location of the wreckage of the Halberd following the events of the sub-game Meta Knight's Revenge in Kirby Super Star
- Mega Man II is the only Mega Man title on the Game Boy not outsourced to Minakuchi Engineering
- the concept for the The Adventures of Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World began as a The Legend of Zelda game, which was rejected
- the background music for the "Mean Bean" battle in Sonic Mania is a remix of Satan's theme from the Puyo Puyo franchise

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 08, 2017, 08:17:52 AM- the background music for the "Mean Bean" battle in Sonic Mania is a remix of Satan's theme from the Puyo Puyo franchise
Given that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine re-skins Puyo Puyo (complete with Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine's 2P Mode music being a near-exact copy of Satan's theme from Puyo Puyo), I like to think that's Sega eating crow with that song usage.

SlowPokemon

Based on how "Mean Bean" sounds like it's from a certain Nintendo RPG, I'd say that's superstar sega
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 08, 2017, 09:47:31 PMGiven that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine re-skins Puyo Puyo (complete with Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine's 2P Mode music being a near-exact copy of Satan's theme from Puyo Puyo), I like to think that's Sega eating crow with that song usage.

I knew this, but I figured everyone else did, too, so I didn't include it.

LeviR.star

Day 16

- Super Mario Kart's concept began as a 2-player F-Zero title
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland contains sprites and models for unused Super Cutter ability, most likely scrapped due to its similarities to the Ultra Sword ability
- Keiji Inafune claims that Mega Man 3 is one of his least favorite Mega Man entries
- the Japan-exclusive Game Boy Light was the only backlit handheld on the Game Boy line until the Game Boy Advance SP
- Metal Sonic's theme in Sonic Forces is remix of the U.S. version of "Stardust Speedway Bad Future" from Sonic CD, as opposed to the Japanese version

EDIT:
Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 09, 2017, 03:23:24 AMBased on how "Mean Bean" sounds like it's from a certain Nintendo RPG, I'd say that's superstar sega

Bravo, Slow. I know where this will go.

LeviR.star

Day 17

- Iggy Koopa is the only Koopaling in Hotel Mario without his own "Koopa Hotel"
- common enemy Crack-Tweet in Kirby's Dream Land 2 actually made its official debut in Kirby's Pinball Land, 2 years prior
- the "Boss Character Contest" for Mega Man 7 received 220,000 submissions, more than any other number of submissions for a "Classic" series contest
- the Game Boy Printer contains several songs from the soundtrack of the Game Boy title Balloon Kid, composed by Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka
- after the reveal of Bubsy 3D coincided with Super Mario 64's at the same presentation, developer Eidetic considered starting development over from scratch, but could not afford to, forcing them to finish and release the game

LeviR.star

Day 18

- the earliest known prototype of Dr. Mario was simply titled Virus
- Kirby's Avalanche and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of Wario's Woods share the same voice actors
- Mega Man X6's development is the only in the main Mega Man X series to not involve series producer Keiji Inafune
- despite being initially announced for PAL regions, the Nintendo e-Reader was not released in Europe
- an in-progress sequel for Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse was cancelled by Traveller's Tales in favor of a Toy Story-based game, which they completed

LeviR.star

Day 19

- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is the only Donkey Kong Country title that lacks a handheld port
- BS Kirby's Toy Box reuses several songs, fanfares and sound effects from Kirby's Dream Course
- Mega Man: The Wily Wars was only available to North Americans via the Sega Channel, rather than through a physical release
- while having 5 games not included, the Super Famicom Mini contains 5 other titles not included in its European and North American variants
- in order to abide by Nintendo of America's religious policies, the church bell tower in the introductory cutscene in Kid Dracula was replaced by the castle spire from the title screen of the game's pseudo-predecessor, Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun

LeviR.star

Happy 20 days of trivia!

Day 20

- while Kenny James's voice acting debut for Bowser was in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, he did not begin voicing him regularly until New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- in Kirby Super Star Ultra, the Revenge of the King stage name Illusion Islands is an allusion to the Aleutian Islands
- Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge is currently the only 8-bit Mega Man title with a known prototype
- Sega's SG-1000, released in 1983 in Japan, was its first transition from the arcade industry to the console industry
- the in-game sprites within The Legend of Zelda (1986) depict Ghini with 1 eye, while the official artwork for the same game and the Satellaview remake depict the enemy with 2

Quick Request: If you're a regular reader of this thread, or you occasionally drop by to read, could you please reply to this post? I'm curious, and I want to get an idea of how much of an audience I have here.