News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Levi's Snippets of Gaming Trivia!

Started by LeviR.star, October 17, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 25, 2017, 08:23:53 AM- Wario Stadium is the only Mario Kart 64 track yet to reappear as a retro track in a later Mario Kart title

And by golly I hope it stays that way

I mean I know that's not actually realistic but the track is awful
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Sorry about yesterday. NSM was down and I was busy most of the day.

Day 8

- Yoshi's firework display in Mario Kart 8's N64 Rainbow Road retro track is based off of his Yoshi Topsy-Turvy artwork
- the Color TV-Game was Nintendo's first console, released in Japan only and selling approximately 4 million units
- A compilation remake of the 5 Game Boy Mega Man games was to be released for the Game Boy Advance, titled Mega Man Anniversary Collection and announced as Mega Man Mania, but it was cancelled with a rumor that said the games' source code was lost
- Castlevania Chronicles is a port of the Sharp X68000 remake to the original Castlevania
- by 1989, a total of 6 different companies had claimed rights to Tetris to release it to various systems

And now, to celebrate a very special release today, 5 Super Mario Odyssey Facts!

- voice actress, singer and jazz pianist Kate Higgins, better known as Kate Davis, is the voice of Pauline, who performed the single "Jump Up, Super Star!"
- this game holds a 97% score on Metacritic, surpassing Super Mario 64's by 3%
- elements of the Sand Kingdom were inspired by Kenta Motokura's trip to Mexico
- the Skeleton Suit is the most expensive suit in the game, costing 9999 Regional Coins
Very minor spoiler
- Power Stars serve the same function as Power Moons while exploring the Mushroom Kingdom. Collecting one plays the "Course Clear" fanfare from Super Mario 64
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Thought I could read these kinds of facts without spoilers, but thanks for that last one -.-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 27, 2017, 10:14:50 AMThought I could read these kinds of facts without spoilers, but thanks for that last one -.-

Though I didn't really think of that as a spoiler, I apologize for that, Slow. I'll try not to do that in the future.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Thanks it's okay it was my fault for reading them, I just assumed others here would be as spoiler-averse as I am
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 27, 2017, 10:33:15 AMThough I didn't really think of that as a spoiler, I apologize for that, Slow. I'll try not to do that in the future.
Just spoiler tag it now so nobody else suffers Slow's fate.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Day 9

- Charles Martinet's debut for voicing Mario was Mario's Game Gallery, preceding Super Mario 64 by a year
- an introductory cutscene for Kirby's Dream Course only appeared in the Japanese version of the game
- the final Wily Stage in the Game Gear title Mega Man uses a remixed version of Quick Man's Stage from Mega Man 2
- broadcasts for the satellite modem peripheral, the Satellaview, were discontinued on June 30th, 2000, after a 5-year lifespan
- Balloon Kid, which was not initially released in Japan, was reprogrammed by Character Soft for the Family Computer as Hello Kitty World, with Hello Kitty as the main protagonist

LeviR.star

Day 10

- Super Mario character Rosalina was originally intended to be a relative to Princess Peach
- the cutscenes for the North American and European versions of Kirby's Epic Yarn have separate narrators
- Mega Man 9 is the first "Classic" series Mega Man title to be developed by Inti Creates
- Disk-kun, the official mascot of the Famicom Disk System peripheral, appears as a costume in Super Mario Maker
- an unused remix of the first stage theme in Castlevania: The Adventure, "Battle of the Holy", can be found within the files of its remake, Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

E. Gadd Industries

About that first one: I mean, they could almost spin it that way for a HUGE plot twist for the entirety of the Mario franchise
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 01, 2017, 11:59:35 AMAbout that first one: I mean, they could almost spin it that way for a HUGE plot twist for the entirety of the Mario franchise
Game Theorists even did an episode about it.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Since I missed yesterday, I'll be doing 10 snippets today.

Day 11

- 1991 bootleg cart 7 GRAND DAD is believed by some historians to have been created by Taiwanese bootleg publisher J. Y. Company
- at 6 megabits, Kirby's Adventure was one of the largest games ever released for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- in the Game Boy title Mega Man II, Crash Man's name remains unlocalized as Clash Man, with his weapon, Crash Bomber, as Clash Bomb
- Fusajiro Yamauchi founded Nintendo as a card company in 1889
- Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind was often labeled by critics at its release as a "Sonic the Hedgehog rip-off"

- Mario's Picross received 2 sequels in Japan following its poor sales in both America and Europe
- Ganon's laugh in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is an edited clip of Soda Popinski's laugh from Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
- "Needle Man Stage" is the only stage theme in Mega Man: The Wily Wars to be remixed into a key different than that of its Nintendo Entertainment System counterpart
- Kirby copy abilities Bubble and Balloon (from Kirby: Squeak Squad and Kirby: Canvas Curse, respectively,) are both directly correlated with their games' main gameplay mechanics that utilize the Nintendo DS stylus
- June Foray reprised her role as Magica de Spell for DuckTales: Remastered. She was 95 years old at the year of the game's release

LeviR.star

Feedback time: Anyone have any suggestions? More/less trivia? Specific trivia? Trivia contests? I'm open to all kinds of feedback!

ThatHiddenCharacter

I love the sound of a trivia contest. But only if you mean like you're everyday trivia game where a question is asked to test your knowledge in a certain category/on a certain topic.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on November 02, 2017, 06:34:46 PMI love the sound of a trivia contest. But only if you mean like you're everyday trivia game where a question is asked to test your knowledge in a certain category/on a certain topic.

Ok, we'll go with this: every Friday I will insert 5 new snippets, and ask a random trivial question. The first to PM me the correct answer will get an Special Snippets day on Monday with 5 snippets about the game of their choosing. May the best geek win!

EDIT: It can even be a bootleg cart