Levi's Snippets of Gaming Trivia!

Started by LeviR.star, October 17, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Welcome! Since all the facts I learn pertaining to games seem to not have a good place to find, I've decided to create one for them!

I'll try my best to find 5 per day.

Day 1

- Game Boy Advance Video cartridges are incompatible with the Game Boy Player, in order to protect from copying
- the original arcade version of Donkey Kong has only been re-released through Donkey Kong 64 since the 1990 lawsuit concerning the game's source code
- Kirby Super Star was originally planned to have a sub-game where Kirby would navigate a haunted mansion, cursed with the inability to open his mouth. This idea may have been the inspiration behind Milky Way Wishes's Copy Essence Deluxes
- Street Fighter X Mega Man was originally conceived as a fan game, until Capcom encouraged its developer and assisted with the production Street Fighter X Mega Man was just a fan game, until Capcom realized they'd forgotten to do anything for Mega Man's 25th anniversary and hastily made it an official release to cover their asses
- a port of Frogger was the last game for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, released in 1998, the same year as the Dreamcast's initial release
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 17, 2017, 07:39:19 AM- Street Fighter X Mega Man was originally conceived as a fan game, until Capcom encouraged its developer and assisted with the production
I think you mean, "Street Fighter X Mega Man was just a fan game, until Capcom realized they'd forgotten to do anything for Mega Man's 25th anniversary and hastily made it an official release to cover their asses"
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Here, lemme fix that...

Thanks, Dudeman! Much appreciated!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

ThatHiddenCharacter

I like the idea of a thread for game trivia. I love trivia. Both learning new stuff or competing in a trivia competition.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 17, 2017, 11:11:54 AMI like the idea of a thread for game trivia. I love trivia. Both learning new stuff or competing in a trivia competition.

I love it, too! I remember scrolling down to the Trivia section on every Super Mario Wiki article I could find as a little kid! I still do that from time to time.

LeviR.star

Day 2

- in all Virtual Console versions of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, all 38 of the World-e levels are unlocked by default
- Yoshi's Woolly World was the first Yoshi game in 18 years to be released on a home console, succeeding Yoshi's Story
- Bass's sprite in Mega Man 7 is an edit of X's from Mega Man X
- Kirby Air Ride originally started as a sequel to Kirby's Dream Course, known as Kirby Bowl 64. This game would go on to become an unreleased Nintendo 64 title known as Kirby's Air Ride, which eventually led to the Nintendo GameCube title Kirby Air Ride
- all of the sprites for Garfield: Caught in the Act were hand-drawn and "pixelized" by cartoonist Jim Davis and his artists

mastersuperfan

IIRC Air Ride was originally planned to be a snowboarding game wasn't it
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

You are correct. I knew msf would be the first to respond to today's trivia

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

LeviR.star

Day 3

- Mario vs. Donkey began development as a remake to Donkey Kong '94
- the Super NES Classic Edition version of Star Fox 2 was given a revised version of its prototypes' Title Screens, in order to fit the new promotional "box art"
- Bounder, Togezo and Rolling Turtle were replaced by Gip, Needlous and Phan Phan, respectively, in the Kirby's Adventure remake Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
- Enker, from Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge, was the only of the 3 Mega Man Killers to be featured in the spin-off Mega Man's Soccer
- The Disney Afternoon Collection, a compilation of 6 NES Disney titles, was not released for any Nintendo platforms

LeviR.star

Day 4

- a total of 8 Mario Artist games, both released and cancelled, were developed for the Nintendo 64DD as spiritual successors to Mario Paint on the SNES
- GameRankings listed Mario Party Advance in 2014 as the most poorly received Mario game
- e-Reader game Kirby Slide is the only released Kirby title developed by a non-Japanese developer
- Mega Man Japan-only spinoff Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise had a Game Boy port, before it was cancelled
- German producer team Zombie Nation used the melody from a song from the Commodore 64 title Lazy Jones, called "Star Dust", without permission. David Whittaker was later payed an undisclosed sum by Florian Senfter following the popularity of "Kernkraft 400", the song in which the melody was used

E. Gadd Industries

There's this website with lotsa GBA games that are unblocked at my school, and Mario Party Advance is the only one I regularly play. It's really kid based in a lot of sections, and then there are some places that even moderate gamers would find difficult
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Note: I'm skipping weekend days

Day 5

- Paper Mario: Color Splash was claimed by Zoë Quinn to contain a personal attack on her by referencing the GamerGate Scandal
- Arms is believed by several to be a spiritual successor to Virtual Boy boxing title Teleroboxer
- franchise debut game Mega Man is the only title in its main game "Classic" series to incorporate a score system
- Japan received a sequel to the Super Game Boy after complaints that the original lacked a link cable for trading Pokémon
- Arcade game Berserk is the first known video game linked to the death of a person. In October of 1982, Peter Burkowski collapsed seconds after making the high score list, and subsequently suffered cardiac arrest at the age of 18