Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Street Fighter Alpha
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Nash's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

Fantastic Ike

I realize I technically already submitted this before, but the original post was archived due to inactivity on my part. If there's anything I need to do to fix this or submit properly, please let me know.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Latios212 on September 29, 2017, 09:02:26 PMHiya. Some major things right off the bat:
- Playability. Measures 8 and 13 are ridiculous to demand someone play.
- Rhythm grouping. You're doing a fine job in the LH in most places but some places need to be fixed, like 17 (LH) and 21, 30-32 (RH). Show each individual beat.
- General tidying up of layers and stuff - for instance m. 29 RH is all messy.

Fantastic Ike

I was wondering why you mentioned the same critiques as before...then I came to the unfortunate realization that I accidentally uploaded the same PDF file from my last submission! (Sorry, I'm still new to this.) The new PDF should be up now, and this means all of those old problems SHOULD be fixed.

Let me know if there's anything else I need to fix (notes, formatting, otherwise). As the submission wouldn't let me, I've also included the original OST for reference if need be. Again, apologies for the confusion!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on October 13, 2017, 06:13:44 AMLet me know if there's anything else I need to fix (notes, formatting, otherwise).
You've got lots of elements clashing with each other, like in measures 13, 28 & 29. Also, be sure that "Street Fighter Alpha" is in 12 point font, it looks like it's at about 14 point font right now.

Fantastic Ike

Okay, I've tried to clean up the piece as much as possible while still preserving the notes and rhythms. Hope this is better.

Maelstrom

I'm here to say, and way too late at that, that this sheet needs more attention than the updaters can get it. To put it simply, the entire arrangement needs to be rewritten. The bassline doesn't every capture the feeling of the original because it stays in one place. The opening is void of any of 5th harmonies needed, the melody doesn't have a single note of harmony, even when it's clearly needed. These problems permeate the entire song, to the point where a fix-up job would be more of the updater's sheet than yours. That's where we have to draw the line. I'm sorry we kept you waiting so long for this verdict. This will be shelved soon, but I'll leave it open for now if you want to respond.