News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG XCVII: Heigh Ho!

Started by davy, October 02, 2017, 07:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Backstory: A group of dwarfs is mining for gold. Unfortunately, among the dwarfs are saboteurs, who are getting paid for making the miners fail.

1. Saboteur
2. Saboteur

3. Miner
4. Miner
5. Miner
6. Miner
7. Miner

One of these seven roles is randomly removed before the start of the game, meaning that there are either 1 Saboteur and 5 Miners, or 2 Saboteurs and 4 Miners. Saboteurs don't know each other.

(the top left corner of the grid is A1)

There are three goal cards (located on K3, K5 and K7 on the grid), but only one of them (at random) contains the gold. The miners try to make a path from the start card (located on C5 on the grid), to the goal card with the gold. The saboteurs try to prevent the miners from obtaining the gold.

There is a deck of 67 cards containing 40 path cards and 27 action cards. At the start of the game, every player gets 5 of those cards at random from the host. You are not allowed to reveal the cards in your hand. If you break this rule by accident, then on your next turn, you have to pass and discard the card you revealed. If you reveal multiple cards, then you have to continue to pass and discard until you have discarded all the cards that you revealed.

One player chosen at random gets the first turn. Afterwards it is the next player in sign-ups order's turn.

In your turn, you can do one of three things (by posting the relevant action in the topic):

1. Play a Path Card. When playing a Path Card, state what kind of path card you are playing (see list of Path Cards), whether you play the card upside-down or not and on what cell on the grid you are playing it. A player may only play a path card if the paths on that card connect to any path card already in play, and all paths on that path card connect to the paths in the adjacent cells. At the start, it is only possible to play path cards on B5, C4, C6 and D5, because then they wold connect to one of the four paths of the start card. A player may turn a path card 180 degrees before playing it, but not 90 or 270 degrees.

List of Path Cards

2. Play an action card. There are four kinds of action cards:

-Damage Equipment. These come in three varieties: Damage Mattock (3x), Damage Lantern (3x) and Damage Mine Cart (3x). When playing one of these cards, you select one player, which will than have that piece of equipment damaged. As long as a player has damaged equipment, they will be unable to play path cards during their turn (therefore, they have to play action cards or pass). A player may only have one of each kind of damaged equipment at a time (so a player can have both damaged mattock and damaged lantern but not two damaged mattocks).

-Repair Equipment. These come in six varieties: Repair Mattock (2x), Repair Lantern (2x), Repair Mine Cart (2x), Repair Mattock OR Mine Cart (1x), Repair Mattock OR Lantern (1x) and Repair Lantern OR Mine Cart (1x). When playing one of these cards, you select a player that has the relevant damaged equipment, and repair that players equipment. Afterwards, both the Damage Equipment card and the Repair Equipment card go face-up to the discard pile. If that player has no damaged equipment after that Damage Equipment card is discarded, that player will be able to play path cards again. Each repair equipment card can only repair one equipment at a time.

-Rockfall (3x). When playing Rockfall, the player selects one path card on the grid (other than the start and goal cards) and discards it face up, together with the Rockfall card.

-Reconnaissance (6x). When playing Reconnaissance, the player choses one of the goal cards, and then recieves a PM from the host telling him whether or not that card contains the gold.

3. Pass. If a player passes, he must discard a card face-down (PM the host what card you discarded), unless that player has no cards left in hand.

After your turn ends, but before you can start your next turn, you will recieve a new card from the deck by PM from the host (unless the deck is out of cards).

When a player plays a path card so that an uninterrupted path between the start card and one of the goal cards is created, the goal card is revealed in the topic by the host (as long as the host doesn't reveal the goal card, the game can't continue). If that goal card does not contain the gold, the card may be turned upside down to create a path to the path card connecting to it (these goal cards are path cards. One of them is of type F and the other one of type G), and the game continues. If the goal card does contain the gold, the round is over and the Miners win.

If there are no cards left in the deck and no player can play anymore cards, the round is also over and the Saboteurs win.

At the end of the round, the roles of all players are revealed.

There are 28 gold cards (which are not part of the deck). 4 of them contain 3 gold, 8 of them contain 2 gold and the other 16 contain 1 gold.

If the Miners win, the player that played the last card is given 6 gold cards at random by PM from the host. That player picks one of them secretly, then PM's the rest of the gold cards to the next Miner in reverse sign-up order (Make sure not to include the PM from the host in this PM, since sharing PM's from the host is forbidden). This continues untill all 6 cards have been picked by a player.

If the Saboteurs win, they each earn 3 gold (One 2 gold card and one 1 gold cards, in principle. If we run out of 2 gold cards, they get three 1 gold cards instead. If we run out of 1 gold cards, they get a 3 gold card instead). If there was only one Saboteur, that player earns 4 gold instead ((One 2 gold card and two 1 gold cards, in principle. If we run out of 2 gold cards, they get four 1 gold cards instead. If we run out of 1 gold cards, they get two 2 gold cards instead).

In principle, this game is played with three rounds. For the next round, players keep their gold cards, but get a new role, the deck is randomnized again with all 67 cards, the goal card containing the gold is selected randomly again and players get a new hand of 5 cards. The player after the player that played the last card the previous round gets the first turn in the new round. However, since I'm not sure how long this is going to take, I may end the game after two rounds or even one round.

The player with the most gold at the end of the game wins. If multiple players have the same amount of gold all of them win.

1. BrainyLucario
2. Trasdegi
3. Dudeman
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. E. Gadd Industries
6. Olimar12345

Replacment: Dude

All PM's have been sent. The game has started. E. Gadd Industries takes the first turn.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

I made a last minute rule update:

You are not allowed to reveal the cards in your hand. If you break this rule by accident, then on your next turn, you have to pass and discard the card you revealed. If you reveal multiple cards, then you have to continue to pass and discard until you have discarded all the cards that you revealed.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

E. Gadd Industries

Path card, F, flip card 180°, Place on C6

Did I do that correctly?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

davy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on October 02, 2017, 08:32:01 AMPath card, F, flip card 180°, Place on C6

Did I do that correctly?

Yes.

It is now Olimar's turn.

Dudeman

Hi everyone~
I don't suppose there'd be a real-time map to keep up with how the paths are created? Creating personal maps is manageable, I just hope that no confusion arises as a result.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on October 02, 2017, 10:04:04 AMHi everyone~
I don't suppose there'd be a real-time map to keep up with how the paths are created? Creating personal maps is manageable, I just hope that no confusion arises as a result.

No, although I will update the map every 6 turns, every 24 hours or by request, whichever comes first.

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on October 02, 2017, 10:11:15 AMNo, although I will update the map every 6 turns, every 24 hours or by request, whichever comes first.
Smart. Okay, good to know.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

I'm going to sleep in about an hour, so after that you guys won't be able to recieve your next card untill about 9:00AM CET.

BlackDragonSlayer

I think I got the idea behind this.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

Please note that you do not need to wait until I post here to take your turn (for example, Brainy could have taken his turn after Olimar took his turn and before this post). The only thing you have to wait for is that the player before you has taken his turn and that I have PM'd you your next card since your last turn.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Trasdegi

Path card E, place on D4

And brainy I'm not sure you can place a path like you did

davy

Quote from: BrainyLucario on October 03, 2017, 07:59:15 AMPath card C, place on B5

You can't place path card C on B5 unless you turn it 180 degrees, because otherwise it won't have a connection to the start card on C5. I assume you meant to turn the card 180 degrees.

davy

Spoiler
Backstory: A group of dwarfs is mining for gold. Unfortunately, among the dwarfs are saboteurs, who are getting paid for making the miners fail.

1. Saboteur
2. Saboteur

3. Miner
4. Miner
5. Miner
6. Miner
7. Miner

One of these seven roles is randomly removed before the start of the game, meaning that there are either 1 Saboteur and 5 Miners, or 2 Saboteurs and 4 Miners. Saboteurs don't know each other.

(the top left corner of the grid is A1)

There are three goal cards (located on K3, K5 and K7 on the grid), but only one of them (at random) contains the gold. The miners try to make a path from the start card (located on C5 on the grid), to the goal card with the gold. The saboteurs try to prevent the miners from obtaining the gold.

There is a deck of 67 cards containing 40 path cards and 27 action cards. At the start of the game, every player gets 5 of those cards at random from the host. You are not allowed to reveal the cards in your hand. If you break this rule by accident, then on your next turn, you have to pass and discard the card you revealed. If you reveal multiple cards, then you have to continue to pass and discard until you have discarded all the cards that you revealed.

One player chosen at random gets the first turn. Afterwards it is the next player in sign-ups order's turn.

In your turn, you can do one of three things (by posting the relevant action in the topic):

1. Play a Path Card. When playing a Path Card, state what kind of path card you are playing (see list of Path Cards), whether you play the card upside-down or not and on what cell on the grid you are playing it. A player may only play a path card if the paths on that card connect to any path card already in play, and all paths on that path card connect to the paths in the adjacent cells. At the start, it is only possible to play path cards on B5, C4, C6 and D5, because then they wold connect to one of the four paths of the start card. A player may turn a path card 180 degrees before playing it, but not 90 or 270 degrees.

List of Path Cards

2. Play an action card. There are four kinds of action cards:

-Damage Equipment. These come in three varieties: Damage Mattock (3x), Damage Lantern (3x) and Damage Mine Cart (3x). When playing one of these cards, you select one player, which will than have that piece of equipment damaged. As long as a player has damaged equipment, they will be unable to play path cards during their turn (therefore, they have to play action cards or pass). A player may only have one of each kind of damaged equipment at a time (so a player can have both damaged mattock and damaged lantern but not two damaged mattocks).

-Repair Equipment. These come in six varieties: Repair Mattock (2x), Repair Lantern (2x), Repair Mine Cart (2x), Repair Mattock OR Mine Cart (1x), Repair Mattock OR Lantern (1x) and Repair Lantern OR Mine Cart (1x). When playing one of these cards, you select a player that has the relevant damaged equipment, and repair that players equipment. Afterwards, both the Damage Equipment card and the Repair Equipment card go face-up to the discard pile. If that player has no damaged equipment after that Damage Equipment card is discarded, that player will be able to play path cards again. Each repair equipment card can only repair one equipment at a time.

-Rockfall (3x). When playing Rockfall, the player selects one path card on the grid (other than the start and goal cards) and discards it face up, together with the Rockfall card.

-Reconnaissance (6x). When playing Reconnaissance, the player choses one of the goal cards, and then recieves a PM from the host telling him whether or not that card contains the gold.

3. Pass. If a player passes, he must discard a card face-down (PM the host what card you discarded), unless that player has no cards left in hand.

After your turn ends, but before you can start your next turn, you will recieve a new card from the deck by PM from the host (unless the deck is out of cards).

When a player plays a path card so that an uninterrupted path between the start card and one of the goal cards is created, the goal card is revealed in the topic by the host (as long as the host doesn't reveal the goal card, the game can't continue). If that goal card does not contain the gold, the card may be turned upside down to create a path to the path card connecting to it (these goal cards are path cards. One of them is of type F and the other one of type G), and the game continues. If the goal card does contain the gold, the round is over and the Miners win.

If there are no cards left in the deck and no player can play anymore cards, the round is also over and the Saboteurs win.

At the end of the round, the roles of all players are revealed.

There are 28 gold cards (which are not part of the deck). 4 of them contain 3 gold, 8 of them contain 2 gold and the other 16 contain 1 gold.

If the Miners win, the player that played the last card is given 6 gold cards at random by PM from the host. That player picks one of them secretly, then PM's the rest of the gold cards to the next Miner in reverse sign-up order (Make sure not to include the PM from the host in this PM, since sharing PM's from the host is forbidden). This continues untill all 6 cards have been picked by a player.

If the Saboteurs win, they each earn 3 gold (One 2 gold card and one 1 gold cards, in principle. If we run out of 2 gold cards, they get three 1 gold cards instead. If we run out of 1 gold cards, they get a 3 gold card instead). If there was only one Saboteur, that player earns 4 gold instead ((One 2 gold card and two 1 gold cards, in principle. If we run out of 2 gold cards, they get four 1 gold cards instead. If we run out of 1 gold cards, they get two 2 gold cards instead).

In principle, this game is played with three rounds. For the next round, players keep their gold cards, but get a new role, the deck is randomnized again with all 67 cards, the goal card containing the gold is selected randomly again and players get a new hand of 5 cards. The player after the player that played the last card the previous round gets the first turn in the new round. However, since I'm not sure how long this is going to take, I may end the game after two rounds or even one round.

The player with the most gold at the end of the game wins. If multiple players have the same amount of gold all of them win.

[close]

1. BrainyLucario
2. Trasdegi
3. Dudeman
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. E. Gadd Industries
6. Olimar12345

Replacment: Dude

It's now Dudeman's turn.