[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness -

Started by Zeta, October 01, 2017, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Temporal Spire
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: PlayfulPiano

Trasdegi

PMD! Yay!

First thing, check the formatting guidelines. there's a couple of problems, like the copyright info, wich is nonexistent here.

And i'm pretty sure a solo piano version of this wouldn't be too hard to make.

Trasdegi

A few more things I would suggest:
-always post a link to the original here. That makes it easier to check.
-m2 and m10: you should put a dynamic here, p or even pp
-at m72, the song loops back to 17. I would suggest to add a D.S here.

That's what I see now, although others will probably see others things, so check this thread later too!

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2017, 01:22:30 PMPMD! Yay!

First thing, check the formatting guidelines. there's a couple of problems, like the copyright info, wich is nonexistent here.

And i'm pretty sure a solo piano version of this wouldn't be too hard to make.
Hi! Sorry, I'm really new here and I didn't see the guideline post. I was just really excited to post this :P

I was able to fix what I believe to be all of the issues except for the copyright. I'm using musescore as the composition platform, not finale, so I seem to be unable to actually edit it for some reason.
Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2017, 01:44:25 PM

A few more things I would suggest:
-always post a link to the original here. That makes it easier to check.
-m2 and m10: you should put a dynamic here, p or even pp
-at m72, the song loops back to 17. I would suggest to add a D.S here.

That's what I see now, although others will probably see others things, so check this thread later too!
I'm not sure where I would've linked the original in the submission format.

It's hard to judge correctly for the left hand during m2 & m10, as they're a gradual cresc. in the video, but for strings. That's sort of impossible with piano, so I opted at delaying it a slight bit until it hits at full volume.

I wanted to end the song in some form after m72, so that's why I decided against looping it back. I hope that's fine though. Again, really don't know much about the general policies so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

Now after I'm done with my edits, should I submit them again or should I simply reply with the edits here?
Also thank you so much for your help.

-PlayfulPiano

Yug_Guy

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMI'm using musescore as the composition platform, not finale, so I seem to be unable to actually edit it for some reason.
That's no problem at all, just head on over to this thread here when you've finished with your edits and ask if someone can give you the correct formatting. Easy-peasy.

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMI'm not sure where I would've linked the original in the submission format.
You don't link it via the NSM Panel, instead you just make a post within your submission thread containing the Youtube link.

Trasdegi

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMHi! Sorry, I'm really new here and I didn't see the guideline post. I was just really excited to post this :P
No problem! I made the same mistakes with my first arrangements :)
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMI was able to fix what I believe to be all of the issues except for the copyright. I'm using musescore as the composition platform, not finale, so I seem to be unable to actually edit it for some reason.
Don't worry, lost of people here use MuseScore too. You can edit copyright in file>info iirc.
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMI'm not sure where I would've linked the original in the submission format.
In fact, just post a link in the thread.
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMIt's hard to judge correctly for the left hand during m2 & m10, as they're a gradual cresc. in the video, but for strings. That's sort of impossible with piano, so I opted at delaying it a slight bit until it hits at full volume.
Sorry for not being precise. I was talking of the quarters notes here.
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMI wanted to end the song in some form after m72, so that's why I decided against looping it back. I hope that's fine though. Again, really don't know much about the general policies so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

I think you can do both: put a d.s so the player knows where the song loops, and put an ending. Maybe experiment with putting this as a coda? I'm still relatively new here too, so maybe ask others people too.
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMNow after I'm done with my edits, should I submit them again or should I simply reply with the edits here?

No, you go to the NSM panel, and you can edit your submission from there.
Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 02:45:03 PMAlso thank you so much for your help.

-PlayfulPiano

No problem!

And ninja'd

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 01, 2017, 02:49:54 PMThat's no problem at all, just head on over to this thread here when you've finished with your edits and ask if someone can give you the correct formatting. Easy-peasy.
You don't link it via the NSM Panel, instead you just make a post within your submission thread containing the Youtube link.
Ok, I just figured out how to edit it, everything should be good now.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2017, 02:59:00 PMNo problem! I made the same mistakes with my first arrangements :)Don't worry, lost of people here use MuseScore too. You can edit copyright in file>info iirc.In fact, just post a link in the thread.Sorry for not being precise. I was talking of the quarters notes here.I think you can do both: put a d.s so the player knows where the song loops, and put an ending. Maybe experiment with putting this as a coda? I'm still relatively new here too, so maybe ask others people too.
No, you go to the NSM panel, and you can edit your submission from there.
No problem!

And ninja'd
Ok, it's resubmitted. Should this be good now or are there any formatting issues or the likes?

Trasdegi

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on October 01, 2017, 03:01:30 PMOk, it's resubmitted. Should this be good now or are there any formatting issues or the likes?

Hmm, I don't really remember what the policy is about second page titles, so maybe check that? I'm not sure either, but the copyright info on pages 2-5 isn't needed.

And now the real reviewing work begins: checking the notes themselves. But that's where my skills end  :P

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2017, 03:12:02 PMHmm, I don't really remember what the policy is about second page titles, so maybe check that? I'm not sure either, but the copyright info on pages 2-5 isn't needed.

And now the real reviewing work begins: checking the notes themselves. But that's where my skills end  :P
So then how exactly does a score review normally play out?

Once all the formatting issues are gone, do I simply wait until it gets approved/declined or will people respond with edit suggestions?

Also do you know how long this usually takes?

Trasdegi

Usually, people tell here the problems and/or edit suggestions, and the arranger fixes them. Once the sheet haven't any problem left, it get approved. Sheets are usually rejected only if the arranger doesn't respond and is inactive, or if they are really bad, like if they are a copy/paste from a midi file or if all the notes are wrong or something like that. If your sheets is really good, it can be accepted in only a few hours, but if there's a lot of problems it will have to wait until they are all fixed.

Altissimo

If there are things to edit, they'll ask you to edit; if it's perfect as is, they'll accept it. As for how long, that really depends. It could be anywhere from a few days to a few months depending on how motivated the updaters are lol

ninja'd

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 01, 2017, 03:31:55 PMUsually, people tell here the problems and/or edit suggestions, and the arranger fixes them. Once the sheet haven't any problem left, it get approved. Sheets are usually rejected only if the arranger doesn't respond and is inactive, or if they are really bad, like if they are a copy/paste from a midi file or if all the notes are wrong or something like that. If your sheets is really good, it can be accepted in only a few hours, but if there's a lot of problems it will have to wait until they are all fixed.
What would you consider mine to be up to, in that sense?

Should I be expecting that many edits or will it be generally fine?

PlayfulPiano

Just want to quickly say that I made a quick edit at m47, switching the dotted half notes from the left hand and the right hand for piano I. I was attempting to keep each hand in order to prevent hands from necessarily crossing over, and m47 broke that. So now it's fixed :P

Edit: Aaaand I found a second case like before at m52... whoops, fixed now.

I think that's all of the piano I hand issues left.

PlayfulPiano

Ok, quick update.
I fixed up a few things that I found out to be inaccurate after listening to it again.
Mainly after measure 55 I had the wrong notes for right hand treble piano I, it should've started at E, not B.

Second thing, I modified the clef changes during the mid section (m34-m42) so it doesn't constantly flip from base to up octave base clef. It should be cleaner overall.

Final thing, which I'll need help on (this is not reflective of the update in files). At the end of measure 71 on the second time through, it needs to repeat to measure 17 at first repeat. I... don't know how to do that on musescore. If anyone can tell me how and which DC I need to use, that would really be great. And if there's a way to say 'repeat forever' (more or less), but have on midi to stop after the first repeat through the entire piece (as in after one case of DC), I would love that too.

Edit: Actually, let me clarify specifically what I'm trying to do on musescore:

-Sengo at m17
-D.S. at the end of m71, BUT it only occurs on the second repeat (score goes through m56-m72, then through m57-m71, then goes to m17)
-D.S. occurs only for one repeat.

Any ideas?