[NDS] Pokémon Ranger - "Ringtown" by Trasdegi

Started by Zeta, September 27, 2017, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

ooh just noticed you could lose the restatement of piano/pia. every time.

Other than that, this needs to be accepted asap hahah it's been forever
innit

Trasdegi

Yeah, buuuut... I can't do that with notepad.... Could anyone else please fix it?

AmpharosAndy

haha whoops didn't realise I already said that
innit

InsigTurtle

Needs some measure numbers (we can add those later if you aren't able to)
I'd add some way of distinguishing the instruments in m.6 since you have a completely different timbre coming in
In m.8 I still hear an E as the top note for beat 3, so you could just make it a D-E dyad.

Perhaps you could include the bass? The movement there could make it a tad more interesting. Experiment a bit, see if it works to your liking. If not, that's fine!

Trasdegi

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 01, 2018, 01:27:12 AMNeeds some measure numbers (we can add those later if you aren't able to)
I'd add some way of distinguishing the instruments in m.6 since you have a completely different timbre coming in
In m.8 I still hear an E as the top note for beat 3, so you could just make it a D-E dyad.

Perhaps you could include the bass? The movement there could make it a tad more interesting. Experiment a bit, see if it works to your liking. If not, that's fine!

1. I tried to dive into manual MusicXML editing, and it worked out pretty well!
2. I think distinguishing here is far less important that it was on the first half (between melody/countermelody). Here both instruments are playing the melody, so it should transition nicely enough I think.
3. Fixed.

4. Well, I tried, but either it collides with the current LH, or it's far too low to be playable. And I quite like having a similar LH all the way long in this one...

Everything (Including formatting!) should be good!

Sebastian

@BespinBen

Do you have any more comments for this sheet?

EDIT: If Ben doesn't respond soon, I'll go ahead and check it for ya.

FireArrow

yeh idk why this is still here its not that complicated a piece
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Static

Hey, sorry for the wait! Great sheet you got here, I just have a few things:

- The first system needs to be indented.
- The distances between staves should be increased so the layers isn't so squished together.
- The composer/arranger info should probably me moved just a tad lower so it isn't as close to the title.
- In beat 3 of the 2nd layer in m10, it should be 2 8th notes, F & A, instead of a quarter note A.
- The 2nd layer in m13-14 should have a dashed line to indicate the movement of the inner voice from one hand to the other (Smart Shape Tool > Dashed Line Tool).
- The notes in the 2nd layer should be played for full length in m7-14 until the next note (i.e. the quarter note in m12 should be a dotted half note, etc.).

Because you can't do most of these in NotePad, here's a fully edited file. If it looks good, feel free to use it.
-