News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NDS] Pokémon Ranger - "Ringtown" by Trasdegi

Started by Zeta, September 27, 2017, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ranger
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Ringtown
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Trasdegi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

This is pretty good; I like the simplicity of the arrangement.

However, the melody gets lost at times, like in measure 2-3. Try keeping the countermelody below the melody; its jumping above obscures the intended sound.

Is there a reason for the staccato at the end?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

Quote from: Latios212 on September 27, 2017, 01:28:12 PMThis is pretty good; I like the simplicity of the arrangement.

However, the melody gets lost at times, like in measure 2-3. Try keeping the countermelody below the melody; its jumping above obscures the intended sound.

Is there a reason for the staccato at the end?

1. Thanks!
2. Yes I know, but how can I do that? I'm  thinking of lowering it by an octave between m1 b3 and m2 b 2.5, doubling the E, same with m4-5, but I don't know if it would sound well, and I can't test now because no computer access. What do you think about that?
3. There isn't any reason, I'll edit this

FireArrow

Quote from: Latios212 on September 27, 2017, 01:28:12 PMHowever, the melody gets lost at times, like in measure 2-3. Try keeping the countermelody below the melody; its jumping above obscures the intended sound.

This is just a finale playback thing. A perfomer would be able to bring out the intended voice. That being said, notate them as seperate voices even when their rhythms coincide so the reader can tell which voice is doing what (also in the last measure too plss.)

also measure numbers
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Trasdegi

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 10:20:10 PMThis is just a finale playback thing. A perfomer would be able to bring out the intended voice. That being said, notate them as seperate voices even when their rhythms coincide so the reader can tell which voice is doing what (also in the last measure too plss.)

Ok so I'll keep the original octaves and change the voicing.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 10:20:10 PMalso measure numbers

I'll need someone to add them when all changes will be made

Latios212

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 10:20:10 PMThis is just a finale playback thing. A perfomer would be able to bring out the intended voice. That being said, notate them as seperate voices even when their rhythms coincide so the reader can tell which voice is doing what (also in the last measure too plss.)
That's fair, but another thing I neglected to mention is that the countermelody is below the melody in the original, so why raise it above at all?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Trasdegi

Because I wanted to avoid hand-crossing and it sounded better the way it is now

FireArrow

Quote from: Latios212 on September 28, 2017, 09:02:09 AMThat's fair, but another thing I neglected to mention is that the countermelody is below the melody in the original, so why raise it above at all?

Oh i listened to the original and didnt even notice lol. Well unless it doesnt work in its originl octave at all then yeah, youre probably right.

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 28, 2017, 12:57:06 PMBecause I wanted to avoid hand-crossing and it sounded better the way it is now

I did say that the pianist could bring out the main voice but do note that doing so is highly technical and not easy when both voices are played by the same hand. Crossing hands may actually be the simpler solution. Thats up to you and the updates though.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Trasdegi

Hmm, I tested and I find than having the counter melody in the middle of the accompaniment is ... meh. What do you think about it, latios?

Trasdegi

Files replaced with the last version, including some change in notation to make it easier to read.

AmpharosAndy

Wow, it's been a while with this one! Not much to say here:

- You don't need to re-state that it's a piano each time, the first is enough.

- Maybe move the tempo marking up a bit to get out of the way of the notes a bit.

thassit yeh
innit

Trasdegi

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on January 27, 2018, 11:45:03 AM- You don't need to re-state that it's a piano each time, the first is enough.

I can't fix this with finale NotePad.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on January 27, 2018, 11:45:03 AM- Maybe move the tempo marking up a bit to get out of the way of the notes a bit.

Fixed!