News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

59²'s Piano Arrangements - [PMD2] Treeshroud, Air of Unease~!

Started by FiveNineSquared, September 17, 2017, 11:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveNineSquared

Hello! This is my piano arrangement thread!

Medleys and/or non-piano stuff (and also complete list for PMD:ExR): http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9833.0

Currently, I'm trying to learn Finale Notepad so mus. files might be a tiny bit wonky. Most of my older stuff is unplayable, or at the least quite hard (not to mention they're not formatted properly).

You can also find older arrangements on my YouTube Channel.

Have fun browsing!

Key:
- I'm planning on doing this.
- In progress...
- Done!
- Submitted!
- New arrangement
- Arrangements without stated instrumentation are assumed to be for solo piano.
- [Y] links are to YouTube videos of the arrangement stated (when stricken out, there's no video).

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon

[Y] Title Screen [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Title Screen (2016/Two Pianos) [musescore post]
[Y] Pokémon Centre (2016) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Konikoni City (Day) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Route 10 [mid][pdf][mscz]

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

[Y] Pokémon Gym [mid][pdf][mscz]

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield

[Y] Once Upon a Time... [mid][pdf][mus]
[Y] Battle! (Trainer) [mid/pdf/mscz][mus]

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness

[Y] Pokémon Exploration Team Theme [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Pokémon Exploration Team Theme (Two Pianos) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Welcome to the World of Pokémon! [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Beach Cave [mid][pdf][mscz][mus][musx]
[Y] In the Depths of the Pit [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Title Theme (Variations) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Goodnight [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Wigglytuff's Guild Remix [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Growing Anxiety [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Mt. Bristle [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Time Gear Remix [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] I Saw Something Again... [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Cave and Side Path [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Foggy Forest [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Treeshroud Forest [mid/pdf/mscz][mus]
[Y] Sympathy [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Beyond the Dream [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Air of Unease (Piano Duet) [mid/pdf/mscz][mus]

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue Rescue Team

[Y] Makuhita Dojo [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

[Y] Spectate [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] The Light Realm: Prologue [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Final Destination [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]

Doki Doki Literature Club!

[Y] I Still Love You [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]

Minecraft

[Y] Chirp [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Stal [mid/pdf/mscz]

Portal 2

[Y] The Courtesy Call (2016/Two Pianos) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] The Courtesy Call (2016) [pdf][mscz]
[Y] An Accent Beyond (2016/1+1/2 Pianos) [mid][pdf]
[Y] Bots Build Bots (2016) [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] Robots FTW [mid][pdf][mscz]
[Y] I AM NOT A MORON! [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Final Boss Medley ("Bombs for Throwing at You"+"Your Precious Moon") (Two Pianos) [mid][pdf][mscz]

Deltarune

[Y] School [mid][pdf][mscz][mus]
[Y] Lancer [mid][pdf]

Trasdegi

Nice! You did lots of sun/moon, wich would certainly be appreciated to be fixed and submitted to the main site! oh, and the MSCZ of Title Screen links to the pdf. You also did some PMD tracks, that's nice too. You did lots of medleys too, that's fine, but know than they are no longer accepted on the main site, but you can post them there, of course. Oh, and not sure everyone here will like mediafire.

daj

I did consider sending you a PM, but I suppose there's no harm done in expressing this opinion publicly :p

I think the work you have done is absolutely brilliant. Not just considering that you're fifteen years old: your Sun and Moon "Title Screen" is a sheet that, after a few edits, I would pick up and learn; your "Konikoni City" is clean and accurate, even more so than some of my current sheets. And most impressively, the orchestration in "Grand Tale" shows that you've properly thought about the way the instruments in the band work, long before writing - you're thinking about harmonies, rhythm, even timbre. Personally, I don't think I would have been able to write anything that you did at fifteen years old.

But it's not about me, really: I'm just so impressed with what I saw, and a part of me really wants to get to know you and possibly guide you along a little. Of course, it's not perfect, and when new people come to NSM there are formatting and stylistic expectations, so that's why it's timely that you found your way to this community. ^^ When I came back to arranging last year, Latios212, Seb, Braix and a host of awesome people opened up to me on Skype to talk about arranging - what I hope for you is that very soon, you'll find yourself inspired and motivated to keep writing and write better, through this little community here :)

You clearly know what's going on in VGM. After doing lots of listening and quite a lot of arrangements, I'm now certain that the challenge of the main Pokemon OSTs is rhythm, and the challenge of the PMD OSTs is melodic layering. These are challenges that need deliberate thinking and creative decisions to overcome: more often than not, you can't just transcribe and pick your parts (past the 3rd Generation, of course xD). From what I've seen so far, you're really getting it. :)

If you don't mind, in a week or so, I'd like to get in contact with you on Skype or something to talk music - just as the awesome people who helped me when I first came did. ^^ When so much potential just overflows out of someone and you know they've got passion...ooh. That's inspiring.

And of course, with you being a Singaporean, at some point perhaps we could meet up and talk about music things. But that's something I'd presume you'd rather save for the far future xD

~

For now though: hope that this gives you a little bit of confidence to keep at this awesome work you're doing. ^^ I'll be following your thread for sure, but no pressure! :) Keep doing what you're doing as long as you enjoy it, can't wait to see what else you can pull off~

FiveNineSquared

Quote from: Trasdegi on September 17, 2017, 11:51:31 AMNice! You did lots of sun/moon, wich would certainly be appreciated to be fixed and submitted to the main site! oh, and the MSCZ of Title Screen links to the pdf. You also did some PMD tracks, that's nice too. You did lots of medleys too, that's fine, but know than they are no longer accepted on the main site, but you can post them there, of course. Oh, and not sure everyone here will like mediafire.
Thank you! Will consider re-formatting some of my scores to submit to the site (and also shift them to dropbox/google drive). Yah, I saw that post earlier, I wasn't planning on submitting most of those anyway.

Quote from: daj on September 18, 2017, 12:27:17 AM- insert reply here -
Thanks for being open with your comments! I'm glad that some of my sheets are actually good, haha
When I arrange I normally just stay really close to reference material, and I just try to fix what sounds wrong along the way. Admittedly I don't delve too deep into many musical details, unless I do go through those while fixing up the score. Although I do appreciate the praise you've given me over my supposed abilities lol
And thanks for being so supportive of my work! The fact you want to help me grow really says something about you :)

Quote from: daj on September 18, 2017, 12:27:17 AMIf you don't mind, in a week or so, I'd like to get in contact with you on Skype or something to talk music - just as the awesome people who helped me when I first came did. ^^ When so much potential just overflows out of someone and you know they've got passion...ooh. That's inspiring.
Welp, I don't have a Skype account so there might be complications there. I think we should discuss this part over pm.

Quote from: daj on September 18, 2017, 12:27:17 AMAnd of course, with you being a Singaporean, at some point perhaps we could meet up and talk about music things. But that's something I'd presume you'd rather save for the far future xD
Maybe after my 'O' Levels end  ;)
Or not - IRL stuff's pretty touchy for me at this time.

FiveNineSquared

Hello!

I've moved some of my newer scores to dropbox from mediafire, because mediafire sucks. While doing so I've also reformatted them to the NSM standard (w/o the url though). I've also almost finished "Welcome to the World of Pokémon!" from PMD: Explorers.

Here are the new download links:
Title Screen [mid][pdf][mscz]
Route 10 [mid][pdf][mscz]
Seafolk Village Dungeon [mid][pdf][mscz]
Staff Credits/The End [mid][pdf][mscz]
Kecleon Shop/Stop Thief! [mid][pdf][mscz]
Songs from PMD: R&BRT (6~12 F Horns, Drumset & Timpani) [mid][pdf][mscz]
Following Stanley (Orchestra) [mid][pdf][mscz]

Additionally, I just realised I'd never told any of my future plans yet, so here's what I'm doing currently:
I'm now in the midst of arranging the entire Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers series' OSTs, which I'm affectionally calling "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers - Re-scored". Yes, very original. Anyway, I'm doing a sort-of play-the-game-and-arrange thing, where I'm playing (blind, for that matter) Explorers of Sky while doing arrangements along the way. So, if anyone wants me to arrange late-game songs, you're probably gonna have to wait a while, hehe. While I'm doing this I might detour a bit and do some other VGMs if I start to feel bored.

Oh, and if you spoil the game I'll kill you  ;)

That's all for now; happy listening (because Finale Notepad is a wonky old mess)!

FiveNineSquared

NEW ARRANGEMENT!
yay!

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Welcome to the World of Pokémon!

[mid][pdf][mscz]

SpartanChief17

It's only been the beginning of this summer since I first heard the first draft of your R/BRT Medley on Musescore, and it is no new news that your work is something special.  In many cases (especially in the R/BRT medley), the arrangement work was just as good, if not significantly BETTER than the originals (I have never heard a more beautiful arrangement of Sky Tower)!  I feel that, in the near future, your work might possibly exceed that of *looks around nervously* Bespinben, and may even reach the complexity and beauty of the fabled Threelines3!
 Keep up the good work!  ;D
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

FiveNineSquared

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on September 25, 2017, 08:28:41 AMIt's only been the beginning of this summer since I first heard the first draft of your R/BRT Medley on Musescore, and it is no new news that your work is something special.  In many cases (especially in the R/BRT medley), the arrangement work was just as good, if not significantly BETTER than the originals (I have never heard a more beautiful arrangement of Sky Tower)!  I feel that, in the near future, your work might possibly exceed that of *looks around nervously* Bespinben, and may even reach the complexity and beauty of the fabled Threelines3!
Keep up the good work!  ;D
Hey, look who it is -- thanks for the encouragement(!), but I've never thought of my works as better than the originals. It'll be a while before I get to... ahem, those standards, heh

FiveNineSquared

NEW ARRANGEMENT!
yay!

Title Screen Medley

[mid][pdf][mscz]

Trasdegi

Oooh Nice! :) but, why list it under explorers when there is only 1 song from explorers in it? Otherwise, sounds great!

FiveNineSquared

Quote from: Trasdegi on October 05, 2017, 11:21:52 AMOooh Nice! :) but, why list it under explorers when there is only 1 song from explorers in it? Otherwise, sounds great!
Oh, I just counted it under the Explorers Re-scored project so I listed it there. Thank you!

FiveNineSquared

NEW ARRANGEMENT!
yay!

On the Beach at Dusk
(Sax Septet)
[Y][mid][pdf][mscz]

Additionally, I've also shortened all links and moved Konikoni City (Day) to dropbox:
Pokémon: Sun & Moon
Konikoni City (Day)

[Y][mid][pdf][mscz]

And I've finally placed YouTube links ([Y]) to almost all arrangements here if you can't play the mid. or mscz. files!

SpartanChief17

5-92,

Why are some of the PMD2 arrangements that you did no longer on MuseScore? Arrangements like the Exploration Team Theme and the Time/Darkness theme that you did disappeared from MuseScore.  Are all the individuals just moving to NSM instead? Or is MuseScore being abandoned altogether?

Your concerned listener,
SpartanChief
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

FiveNineSquared

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on October 18, 2017, 10:25:58 AMWhy are some of the PMD2 arrangements that you did no longer on MuseScore? Arrangements like the Exploration Team Theme and the Time/Darkness theme that you did disappeared from MuseScore.  Are all the individuals just moving to NSM instead? Or is MuseScore being abandoned altogether?

Ah, no. I don't want to delete the older scores on my page so I just leave one slot out of the five for the project. I'm still posting on Musescore, just that I shift older scores here instead.

FiveNineSquared

NEW ARRANGEMENT!
After some discussion on a certain discord server, here's Beach Cave (with a mus file this time)!

Beach Cave

[mid][pdf][mscz][mus]