TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

Plus might I add he usually posts his vote late, showing no real time deviation. And there is literally still 3 hours till phase end for his votes, so he's not really sneaking in at the last second. Which is why I believe this should be cleared of suspicion.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

At the risk of sounding like a douche, I'm working full time as a teacher while still having college assignments. We're all busy.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on September 21, 2017, 01:44:25 AMHowever, Olimar explained here that his response came from his frustration at that time. He later acknowledged that the special claims were helping the humans.
QuoteAt the time I was just getting frustrated that we were needing to resort to public claims to save the specials rather than people playing the game correctly
That doesn't seem like it disagrees with anything I said.

QuoteWhy the hell would I agree to that "trust circle"? Since the three of us are most experienced, that is just an invitation for one of us to go unnoticed when they are a wolf. I don't see why you should trust experienced players more than inexperienced players. In fact, I think that you should trust experienced players less than inexperienced players because experienced players are better at hiding their wolfishness.
It's in quotes for a reason, though I probably should have said "trust" circle instead because, rather, I was referring to the fact that we would all know that we're competent players, and thus, we would be more likely to cooperate with each other versus players who might have no idea what we're talking about in certain situations. Also, given the fact that I am advocating lynching Olimar right now, I don't think that would have somehow make any one of us less likely to be detected as a wolf by the others (if anything the other way around since there likely would have been more conversation going on outside of the little bits in the public chat).

QuoteI noticed it. It only works however if you are a confirmed human or if you include yourself in the cover your bases strategy (like how tras voted himself two games ago). If you try to cover all bases under the assumption that you are a human while you might as well be a wolf, you are not really covering all bases, thus it is a bad strategy.

I'm not saying you should have recommended yourself for a lynch, I'm saying you shouldn't use such a bad reasoning for a lynch when the same bad reasoning can be used against you.
Again, like I said:
1. I wouldn't advocate for my own lynch, so from my perspective, it's a sound argument.
2. I think I've been fairly human (or at the very least, neutral) throughout the game, with the only slight against me being the same argument that people keep lobbing at me regardless of my role.

QuoteNo, I expect you to do the same thing I did: ask for players to claim not control freak, as is standard protocol. You didn't need to drop everything, you could have done that in the same post as where you were replying to E. Gadd or you could have made an additional post.
I had assumed that would have been fairly self-explanatory, but then again, maybe I'm just too used to procedure.

QuoteMy main argument against you is this: You have been claiming that you are a veteran player and that therefore your actions are correct, but your actions are unfitting for a veteran player.
I disagree with that conclusion! I don't think I've done anything out of line for what would be expected of me!

QuoteAnd since you are not nocturne (who does this shit all the time), the only reason why I would see you do this is to undermine the authority of the confirmed humans and get the unconfirmed humans on your side, which is something that would benifit a wolf much more than a human.
The only (reasonable) comparison I could see to Noc is what happened toward the beginning of the game, but then again, I've already talked about that. All of my other actions, I feel, are equally justified, especially my reactions to what I considered to be bad play on the part of others.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

So that it ends Friday night instead of Thursday night
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

I guess it makes sense: more day phase on a weekend = more activity, ig
But what do I know?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Weekends start on Friday though, so there goes that day :/

BlackDragonSlayer

I think we've gotten pretty much all the necessary discussion taken care of (at least, I've said what I wanted to say, and I don't think anybody else wants to add to what they've already said), and now I have a huge gap of time available that I probably won't have over the weekend.

ninja'd

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

So that I don't have to stay up on a random thursday
unmotivated

mikey

Gives you guys a chance to breathe and look over the thread again without worrying about New action
unmotivated

Olimar12345

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber