TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 20, 2017, 07:31:03 PM@davy I never reacted to Brainy's claim because I wasn't quite sure how to react, and decided against it in the face of the current circumstances (my thing with BDS).

Hmmmmm.....
Oh, right, I never explained my BDS rationale. Brainy seemed pretty legit with his reasoning behind the Baklava v. Corn Dog stuff. Tbh, I still think it's Olimar (from reasons explained), HOWEVER, seeing as that vote won't contribute to anything, I'm going to go reassess the blue accusations once more, and go from there. Safety on E. Gadd Industries in case I don't get back.
Again, if you want to talk about anything, contact info is in my profile.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

E. Gadd Industries

The big thing here is that the only thing I'm finding against blueflower is the thing where he was against BDS over me. And while that makes sense, that is only one thing.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

@egadd: that response was to brainy's "looks like bandwagoning" post. That should have been obvious.

@Blue: perhaps you could help yourself to the group chat rather than beg for individuals. Really not sure why this is even remotely a big deal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

@Olimar: oooooo oops. Sorry about that

*sighhhh* I wish I didn't have to be asleep in 16 minutes (strict parents are the best, no?). This really stinks. I'm in a crappy situation, and no matter what I do, I'm screwed. Either personally or by others. :///////////// I'm so going to regret this later on...

BDS
This makes it random.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Blueflower999 has been lynched.  It is now Night 3.  Night 3 ends in 48 hours on September 23 at 12:00 AM Central Time.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Okay, E. Gadd, BDS and Olimar, the three of you are the last unconfirmed players remaining. Each of you should convince the confirmed human that the other two are more likely to be a wolf than you (or that you are less likely to be a wolf than the other two). If you do so before this phase ends, the wolfing target can have a say in it as well.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMAgain, my actions were perfectly in line with a day start game. E. Gadd overreacted, so I pursued that as a suspicion. It didn't pan out, obviously, so I'm not pursuing it any more, especially in regards to more recent information coming to light.

Ok, fair.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMI disagree with your assessment that they were good plays, and Olimar did as well; thus, I don't think I need to explain any of my resulting actions as well.

However, Olimar explained here that his response came from his frustration at that time. He later acknowledged that the special claims were helping the humans.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMI suppose that's why Olimar seems to trust me, and it seems likely that, had you been more active around that part of the game, us three would have formed a mini "trust circle" because we're the most experienced players in the game.

Why the hell would I agree to that "trust circle"? Since the three of us are most experienced, that is just an invitation for one of us to go unnoticed when they are a wolf. I don't see why you should trust experienced players more than inexperienced players. In fact, I think that you should trust experienced players less than inexperienced players because experienced players are better at hiding their wolfishness.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMI think it is; if the wolves had an item, they would want to get rid of the Fitness Guru as soon as possible so that the Fat Werewolf isn't affected, which is very likely what happened, assuming Blueflower is a wolf. The Foodie can't really harm the wolves in the same way (or in any way at all), basically being a not-very-useful seer when everybody has already claimed items. That's not really a subjective interpretation.

Ok, fair.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMThat's a perfectly logical argument and I've used it before (as a human) to save games where information is sparse or there is a high degree of uncertainty; I don't doubt that you should have noticed my "lynch x, then lynch y next phase to cover all our bases" strategy before?

I noticed it. It only works however if you are a confirmed human or if you include yourself in the cover your bases strategy (like how tras voted himself two games ago). If you try to cover all bases under the assumption that you are a human while you might as well be a wolf, you are not really covering all bases, thus it is a bad strategy.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMalso obviously i'm not going to recommend myself for a lynch
that's just silly

I'm not saying you should have recommended yourself for a lynch, I'm saying you shouldn't use such a bad reasoning for a lynch when the same bad reasoning can be used against you.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 12:36:31 PMBecause I was waiting for any counterclaims, and something else more pressing was occurring concurrently. Did you just expect me to say "Claim to Brainy!" or something when it wasn't an immediate issue that needed to be dealt with? What would you expect either of us to do in that situation; drop everything (or rather, something relevant) for Brainy's tenuous claim and do nothing?

No, I expect you to do the same thing I did: ask for players to claim not control freak, as is standard protocol. You didn't need to drop everything, you could have done that in the same post as where you were replying to E. Gadd or you could have made an additional post.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 20, 2017, 06:56:07 PMProbably Tras.

From your perspective, Tras should be literally the worst possible partner for blueflower. I'm not surprised you didn't answer blueflowers why question.

My main argument against you is this: You have been claiming that you are a veteran player and that therefore your actions are correct, but your actions are unfitting for a veteran player. And since you are not nocturne (who does this shit all the time), the only reason why I would see you do this is to undermine the authority of the confirmed humans and get the unconfirmed humans on your side, which is something that would benifit a wolf much more than a human.

And now I'm really salty that I didn't vote BDS last phase.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 21, 2017, 02:53:22 AMI told you

You told us what? There are no cardflips, so for all you know blueflower could have been the first wolf to get lynched. Please try to consider more than one possibility rather than be more eager to condem based on others.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 20, 2017, 07:47:56 PM@Olimar: oooooo oops. Sorry about that

*sighhhh* I wish I didn't have to be asleep in 16 minutes (strict parents are the best, no?). This really stinks. I'm in a crappy situation, and no matter what I do, I'm screwed. Either personally or by others. :///////////// I'm so going to regret this later on...

BDS
This makes it random.

I'll make a fancier post later, but egadd last-seconding a KiTB should not be overlooked.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Me acknowledging my alive-ness.

I have a Discord log that shows sorta how I feel about everything -
Mafia Server - #twg_xcvi-great_minnesota_get_together
[20 September 2017, EST]

BlackDragonSlayer - Yesterday at 8:13 PM
| @Lkjhgfdsa_77 Any input on this matter? I'll be leaving in a couple minutes to go get dinner, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about all this.
| Especially because Brainy won't say anything and Davy is away.
Lkjhgfdsa_77 - Yesterday at 8:23 PM
| uhh
| to be honest I really lost track of everything after I died
| I read through all of the posts just to be up to date
| if my claims can help, let me know
| also, imo blue claiming guru for like a day then coming back was pretty sketchy
| as in retracting the claim
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 8:31 PM
| It was a false claim used to avoid being lynched. He said somewhere that the intention was to help get himself wolf'd over thc, (which didn't work) but
| take from that what you will.
Lkjhgfdsa_77 - Yesterday at 8:34 PM
| I know what it was
| it just seemed a little suspicious
[close]

I've been thinking about the Blue thing though... It seems less suspicious knowing that Brainy talked to him and that it was a move for the humans, although it didn't exactly pan out.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

E. Gadd Industries

@Olimar Yeah it shouldn't be overlooked, just like everything else in the game:
-I wasn't around until right near the end due to church & homework
-The whole lynching situation was bad either way, and my leanings toward both made me a victim of circumstance
-I wasn't going to just vote with the majority to prevent a KitB, and likewise I wasn't going to just sit there with a safety on myself while a person I didn't want to be lynched quite yet be lynched
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Olimar, I swear if you keep trying to push for an E. Gadd lynch I'm voting for you next phase

davy

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 21, 2017, 05:26:40 AMOlimar, I swear if you keep trying to push for an E. Gadd lynch I'm voting for you next phase

You seem to be very certain that E. Gadd is human. Could you explain why that is?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BrainyLucario

Quote from: davy on September 21, 2017, 06:33:07 AMYou seem to be very certain that E. Gadd is human. Could you explain why that is?
He's spent a lot of time discussing with me IRL about the game. Even pointing out Info that I failed to see. He's gone through too much trouble to be a wolf. Plus may I also remind you that Both Olimar and BDS may be wolves. So if they both go after E. Gadd. He also hasn't done anything to spark my suspicion, or anyone else's if I'm being honest, yet Olimar still thinks it better to lynch him over BDS