News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AMI'd like to chat with the four of you this evening before deciding on my vote.
Also I use Discord and Skype, usernames in my profile. I don't do group chats so don't add me to any. Feel free to message me whenever.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BrainyLucario

IMPORTANT LOG!!!!! Between me and blue
Spoiler
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:30 AM
Heyo
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:31 AM
안녕하세요
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:31 AM
I don't speak Korean
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:31 AM
Hiya
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:32 AM
are you Korean?
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:32 AM
Nope
Braix wanted me to learn it
so i did
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:32 AM
What a guy
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:33 AM
mhm. so, who do you recommend we lynch today?
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:33 AM
Truthfully I was thinking Olimar
But then I remembered a conversation we had closer to the start of the game
That's making me rethink
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:34 AM
What about a BDS vote? Thoughts?
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:34 AM
Likely a good choice
His behavior has felt off all game
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:35 AM
what was the conversation?
between you and olimar, that is
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:35 AM
It was back when we were all saying
Not the control freak in the thread
And you claimed control freak
But before we knew for sure that you were the only one
Remember that?
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:36 AM
did you post it? or was this private?
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:36 AM
no this was private
I can find it if you think it'd be interesting
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:37 AM
if you would plz. We need all the info we can get
TheBlueBulbear - Today at 10:37 AM
Basically at the time he hadn't claimed in the thread
And I knew that we were waiting for everyone
So I messaged him telling him that he should catch up on TWG because he hadn't posted yet
And he said something like "I haven't even read my role PM yet oops"
And I believe this statement because he had posted like
once
and it was right after the thread was made in night 1
Now if he were a wolf
He almost certainly would have gotten his role PM, a PM from his partner saying like
yo what's up
And then multiple PM's like "dude where are you we have to decide who to wolf"
But he didn't look at his PM's so that leads me to believe that he wasn't a wolf to begin with
And he only got one role PM saying "you're a human"
okay yeah whoops there was no Night 1, forgot about that
my point still stands
BrainyLucario - Today at 10:40 AM
True, and on top of that, when he was a wolf with me, we messaged each other on Discord almost instantly. So the chances that the other wolf didnt try to get into contact with him asap is a little suspicious.
Posting this info in the thread, don't think you'll object
[close]
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

davy

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 20, 2017, 08:19:07 AMI mean I literally lied and claimed to be the Guru to prevent myself from being lynched in the last day phase. It's a pretty big red flag. I explained my reasoning for it earlier, but if you don't believe me and still are suspicious, I understand.

That quote was before you claimed guru, though:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9644.msg386594#msg386594 - This is where you say you understand the reasoning for suspicions of you.
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9644.msg386621#msg386621 - This is where Brainy claims you are the guru.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

blueflower999

Oh oops, I was thinking of the wrong part of the game, my fault.

My reasoning back then was that I could understand why I would draw suspicions because my posts haven't been like super well put together and I wasn't as active as I thought I should have been.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AMBDS, you are playing very aggresive this game. First, that argument with E. Gadd was certainly not in human's best interest, and even though everyone seems to put the blame on E. Gadd, you could also have started contributing to the important thing at that moment, namely starting an alliance.
Again, my actions were perfectly in line with a day start game. E. Gadd overreacted, so I pursued that as a suspicion. It didn't pan out, obviously, so I'm not pursuing it any more, especially in regards to more recent information coming to light.

QuoteLast phase, you have been aggressively attacking THC, and condemning THC and Brainy for their actions, which were, in my opinion, good or at least decent human plays. I do not see why such aggressive play would be neccessairy if you are human. As a wolf, however, it is benificial if humans don't trust the wolves more than the alliance, and BDS has certainly been working towards making humans not trust the alliance, and he has even succeeded in making Olimar trust him.
I disagree with your assessment that they were good plays, and Olimar did as well; thus, I don't think I need to explain any of my resulting actions as well. I suppose that's why Olimar seems to trust me, and it seems likely that, had you been more active around that part of the game, us three would have formed a mini "trust circle" because we're the most experienced players in the game.

QuoteThis post is just... empty? The only possible wolves among living players from human BDS's perspective are Blueflower, E. Gadd and Olimar. Saying that two out of them are most suspicious isn't really anything surprising.
I don't even know what to say about that because that's the same generic argument people always seem to hit me with regardless of my role.

QuoteThen, he notes that he would have expected that blue would be wolf'd for being the better special. This reasoning is based on his own interpretation of the wolves' interpretation of the strength of the special roles, which I don't think is a really good basis for a suspicion.
I think it is; if the wolves had an item, they would want to get rid of the Fitness Guru as soon as possible so that the Fat Werewolf isn't affected, which is very likely what happened, assuming Blueflower is a wolf. The Foodie can't really harm the wolves in the same way (or in any way at all), basically being a not-very-useful seer when everybody has already claimed items. That's not really a subjective interpretation.

QuoteHis suspicion for Olimar is even worse. He wanted to lynch either Olimar or me 'to play it safe', which is a bad reason on its own, and even worse considering BDS himself is a likely candidate to be lynched just 'to play it safe'.
That's a perfectly logical argument and I've used it before (as a human) to save games where information is sparse or there is a high degree of uncertainty; I don't doubt that you should have noticed my "lynch x, then lynch y next phase to cover all our bases" strategy before?

also obviously i'm not going to recommend myself for a lynch
that's just silly

And one last thing:
QuoteThis caught my attention as well. Brainy claimed Control freak, but E. Gadd, BDS and THC were seemingly more interested in the conflict between E. Gadd and BDS. E. Gadd and BDS, why did the two of you not respond in the topic to Brainy's claim?
Because I was waiting for any counterclaims, and something else more pressing was occurring concurrently. Did you just expect me to say "Claim to Brainy!" or something when it wasn't an immediate issue that needed to be dealt with? What would you expect either of us to do in that situation; drop everything (or rather, something relevant) for Brainy's tenuous claim and do nothing?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

this is a warning.  Be careful discussing role PMs and using them to make deductions.  A player's supposed interaction or lack thereof with their role PM is not alignment indicative
unmotivated

davy

I would love to respond to BDS's post, but I didn't see it until now, and I really need to go to sleep.

This is the awful situation where every possible lynch option just seems bad. I'll vote blueflower this phase and I'm planning to vote Olimar the day after that and BDS the day after that.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 02:26:14 PMThis is the awful situation where every possible lynch option just seems bad.
I mean, the only lynch I genuinely and 100% support is a blueflower lynch. Olimar is just a deduction/"cover our bases" kind of lynch to me. Like I said, if you weren't confirmed, I'd probably (probably?) have picked you over Olimar to be the wolf out of you two.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Going to stick my vote on BDS then. I already explained my reasoning for Olimar and I'm stuck between the two remaining, so I'll just go with the more aggressive choice.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Guess there's no chance to defend myself to Davy, waited all day and got no messages on Discord or anywhere else. So much for "I want to chat with you this evening before deciding my vote." At least talk to the person you're going to vote for.  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

I don't have all the time in the world right now, but here are several responses to some more recent posts:

@E.Gadd
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 19, 2017, 07:42:42 PM@Olimar the reason I haven't made a public claim is because it won't do anything to say "I'm a human" because everyone's human in this game. But for what it's worth, I'm human & have never had an item this entire game. Brainy can confirm this, too. In reference to your paragraph about me, that makes sense, but I'm almost not strategic enough to think up something like that. I would've gone for him as soon as I found out to prevent any alliance whatsoever from forming, simply because no one else could've done anything about it (to my knowledge?) and no one would've known he was a blue, either.

Duh, I was just organizing all players, dead or alive. I wasn't implying in any way that you were any more or less suspicious due to a lack of a claim.

@davy:

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AMThis post is just... empty? The only possible wolves among living players from human BDS's perspective are Blueflower, E. Gadd and Olimar. Saying that two out of them are most suspicious isn't really anything surprising. Then, he notes that he would have expected that blue would be wolf'd for being the better special. This reasoning is based on his own interpretation of the wolves' interpretation of the strength of the special roles, which I don't think is a really good basis for a suspicion. His suspicion for Olimar is even worse. He wanted to lynch either Olimar or me 'to play it safe', which is a bad reason on its own, and even worse considering BDS himself is a likely candidate to be lynched just 'to play it safe'.

This is interesting. I didn't really read into this much when it was posted, so I'll have to go check that out again.

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AMThis post is just awful. First, it is a better play to reveal a special role (which will then get killed by the wolves), then to lynch that special. Sure, THC could have tried to make himself look less suspicious, but once the lynch was falling on him, revealing the role was a much better play then letting him get lynched. Also, after THC's reveal, and considering that there was a revive that was most likely going to be targeting Lkjhgfdsa, the wolves would be hitting a confirmed each night anyway, so confirming more humans beyond that wouldn't have helped the wolves further. Most importantly though, had you compared the number of confirmable humans to the number of remaining wolves, you should have been able to realise that we would be able to put the wolves in the situation we have now regardless of how many specials claimed as long as 1) the mocha holder would survive the night and 2) no special gets lynched during the day. I can't really say this post is indicative for you being a wolf, but what I do want to know is: why?

I think the context is important to consider for this post of mine. At the time I was just getting frustrated that we were needing to resort to public claims to save the specials rather than people playing the game correctly. An example is below:
Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 16, 2017, 04:43:12 PMI'm getting A bad suspicion on Tras. Mostly for his post in the discord server. Saying we should pick someone to lynch randomly. Blue also marks me as suspicious but that's mostly due to the fact that they fake claimed to me and admitted it whenever I was pretending to be the Control Freak
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 16, 2017, 06:01:25 PMBrainy post the discord log you're referring to for tras.
Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 16, 2017, 07:40:34 PMActually nevermind, I think that was just a joke.
Just an over abundance of misleading lynch posts from the specials and confirmd's imo. Regarding the good in this scenario, I actually did acknowledge it in my next substantial post after having more time to sit down and think about things:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PM...Looking on the bright side of our info leakage, we can use this to narrow down who to safely lynch.

Quote from: davy on September 20, 2017, 06:57:08 AMOnce again, this is just... why? You knew Tras was in the vanilla human/wolf pool because otherwise Brainy wouldn't have voted for him. The fact that you now know that for sure shouldn't affect your opinion of the lynch.
Times change. My lack of suspicion on Tras was higher at the beginning of the phase. Of course as the specials were revealed one-by-one, the odds of Tras being a wolf increased. I would just like to remind you that the other options I suggested were already suspicious due to other reasons, so in my opinion at that time they were still better options.

Also, I still don't think we should be forgetting about E.gadd (since there seems to not be as much mention of him in these last posts). I don't really have much more to say about him since my last post (since he hasn't said much since then), so I'll just post a link to that for those of you who might not have read it:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9644.msg386707#msg386707

I'm on the fence between E.Gadd and Blueflower again, and while I would like to hold off on voting for a little while until I have more time to get into this, I'll place my vote on Blueflower now jic I don't get the time to come back before the phase ends. I would be open to a future BDS lynch if the argument there was or becomes stronger. Finally, and not to sound narcissistic, I feel like I've been playing a rather logical game thus far. Being a vanilla human with no item is a pretty generic role though, so while I wouldn't agree with or advise it, I'd understand if I was chosen to be lynched.

Current vote count:
Blueflower: 3 (BDS, davy, Olimar)
BDS: 2 (Blue, Brainy)

Bbl
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

ty olimar

if this doesn't end the game i'll still try to lynch you tho

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber