TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 17, 2017, 07:00:44 PMHOW MANY ROLES ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE ME GIVE AWAY BEFORE YOU STOP ASSUMING BASED ON POSTS

No. This is absolutely NOT how you play TWG. You have it 100% backwards. You are supposed to not give out information like that under any circumstances. The wolves know basically all of the roles now. Good job.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

Alright, fine, I'll come out. I'm the Guru. Please choose someone else besides me or THC to lynch. Literally anyone else would have a higher probability of being a wolf.

Also, you can trust Brainy because, regardless of whether you agree with his playstyle or not, he's a confirmed human. He has no reason to deliberately mislead the humans, lol.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 17, 2017, 07:08:09 PMWell a tad too little too late I think. Why'd you wait until the end of the phase to make mention of that? Also, there's still the possibility that you false claimed to brainy as the guru and are the fat wolf, but after not dying you'd be dead next day phase and the humans would be back in the lead. Or you could be the hungry wolf and could not have passed it last night phase. huh. Not really sure what to think here yet.

I mean I honestly didn't think that my lynching was in the realm of likelihood this phase, so I held off. But a lot of people have been jumping on me these past few hours so you left me no choice.

Also, didn't everyone claim to Brainy? He's a confirmed human so there's no reason a blue would NOT claim their role to him by this point.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

BRAINY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? AUGHHHHHH

Also, I find it hilarious that Blue... is a Blue XDDDDD (well, unless Olimar's post is right about the wolf possibility)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

So lessee who's left, provided Blue is Blue

THC
Blue
Brainy

Myself

BDS
Tras
Davy
Olimar

Note this is in no particular order, just narrowing shtuff down.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Trasdegi was lynched.  It is now Night 2.  Night 2 ends in 24 hours at 12:00 AM on September 19, regardless of when the actual update comes.
unmotivated

mikey

TWG XCV: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
Wow!  9 (or 10 (or even 11 (I like to be optimistic (but not really)))) of us all went to the Minnesota State Fair together and we're ready to have a blast!  Unbeknownst to the group of us, two members of the party are unbelievably selfish and want to hog all the [generic food item]-on-a-sticks to themselves.  But we're not going to let that happen.  Are we?

1. Hungry Werewolf- Each night phase, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player is killed.  If that player was holding an Item, the Hungry Werewolf takes that Item.  The Hungry Werewolf never receives an Item during distribution.
2. Fat Werewolf- As long as the Fat Werewolf is holding an Item, if the Fat Werewolf would die, instead becomes a Vanilla Werewolf and loses any Item held.
3. Foodie- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of an Item.  The Foodie receives a PM with the name of the Player holding that Item.
4. Fitness Guru- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player loses any Item they were holding.
5. Control Freak- Once per game, at night, may send a PM to the host asking the host to redistribute the Items.  The Items will be redistributed at the end of the Phase.
6. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
7. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
8. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
9. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.

Players:

•BrainyLucario
ThatHiddenCharacter
Trasdegi
•davy
•BlackDragonSlayer
•Olimar12345
•BlueFlower
•E. Gadd Industries
•Lkjhgfdsa_77

Items:
To consume an Item, the Player holding that Item sends a PM to the host notifying them of their intent.  Once consumed, Items are removed from the game and do not return.

Mocha-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to revive another Player at the end of the next Night Phase.

Deep-Fried-Baklava-On-A-Stick: This Item is always given to the Hungry Werewolf.  Since nobody likes Baklava, this Item cannot be consumed by a Player and instead can be passed on to another Player as a night action.  If that Player is holding an Item already, they swap Items.

Sweet Martha's Cookies: If a Player holding Sweet Martha's Cookies would die, instead the Item is consumed and that Player's Role is publicized.

Corn-Dog-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to have their vote count as 2 during the next Day Phase.

ThatHiddenCharacter was killed.  Lkjhgfdsa_77 was revived.  It is now Day 3.  Day 3 ends in 48 hours at 12:00 AM on September 21, regardless of when the actual update comes.
unmotivated

davy

We currently have two confirmed humans alive (Lkjhgfdsa and Brainy), and 5 other players. We lynch one this day phase, leaving us with 2:4. A confirmed human is wolf'd next night phase, bringing the number to 1:4. Another day phase 1:3, Another night phase 0:3 and then it is already lynch or lose.

Since wolves are going to kill a confirmed human each night anyway, there is no reason to keep my identity secret:

I am the Fitness Guru. I had to keep my identity secret until just now because I had the Mocha, and I needed to survive last night in order to revive Lkjhgfdsa.

All items should be out of the game right now. Brainy used the cookies, I used the Mocha, and I Guru'd BDS night one (who had the corn dog) and I Guru'd Blueflower night 2 (who had the Baklava).

With me, Lkjhgfdsa and Brainy confrimed, that leaves BDS, Blueflower, E. Gadd and Olimar unconfirmed. That means humans don't have quite won automatically, but our chances of winning from here by just lynching randomly are very high.

Blueflower had the Baklava at the end of night 1. This was confirmed by THC (the foodie). That means that the only way Blueflower can be a wolf is if he played the very risky move of keeping the Baklava night 1. Therefore, he is less likely to be a wolf than the other three (which I guess is the reason why Brainy had him claim fitness guru).

And to make the reveal complete BDS had the Corn-Dog and claimed that to Lkjhgfdsa.

That's all the information I have, I'll make a post with my suspicions of the unconfirmed players later.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BrainyLucario

I'd like to point out that the only real contribution Olimar has given to this game is accusations and continually saying that my humanity is off

BrainyLucario

He acts like he's human but unless proven otherwise, he's shown no clear initiative to find the wolves, even holding off from claiming anything to me due to the fact that as he loosely put it "it should have been obvious that I had No item, I found no use in claiming due to this."

BlackDragonSlayer

IMO, given this new information, I think Blueflower and Olimar are the most suspicious. At least in my opinion, the Fitness Guru is a more valuable role to the humans, so it would've been logical to assume that, if Blue was a human, and the wolf thought he was a special, Blue would've been the one wolfed (especially because of THC's earlier actions that reflected incompetency, which would benefit the wolves as well)... but, as you can see, he wasn't.

Olimar because I had though it would be logical to lynch either he or Davy regardless of what the first lynch was (as a way to play it safe), and now that we know that Davy is off the table, that, I think, puts Olimar more on the spot.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Okay, so first of all, welcome back, Lkjhgfdsa. You have the ability to help out here greatly since we all claimed to you early on. Looking on the bright side of our info leakage, we can use this to narrow down who to safely lynch. Lets gather the information we have right now:

Brainy is confirmed to be a Vanilla Human.
Lkjhgfdsa is confirmed to be a human role AND has claimed Control Freak, un-counter-claimed.
ThatHiddenCharacter is confirmed to be a human role AND claimed Foodie, un-counter-claimed.
Blueflower claimed to be the Guru and was counter-claimed by (imo a more convincing) davy.

Regarding items:

Quote from: davy on September 19, 2017, 01:14:58 AMAll items should be out of the game right now. Brainy used the cookies, I used the Mocha, and I Guru'd BDS night one (who had the corn dog) and I Guru'd Blueflower night 2 (who had the Baklava).

These players have not made claims publicly (other than the claim not to be the control freak):

•Trasdegi
•BlackDragonSlayer
•Olimar12345
•E. Gadd Industries

There's a 1/5 possibility that we got lucky with the Tras lynch and hit a wolf, so cross your fingers. With the others, I think it's important to remember these moments when considering our next move.

Blueflower false-claimed the guru role. This could have been a preparatory move made to use as an escape from the lynch, since it almost came down to him. In regards to the Baklava, davy: there's a part of your post I don't get:
Quote from: davy on September 19, 2017, 01:14:58 AMBlueflower had the Baklava at the end of night 1. This was confirmed by THC (the foodie). That means that the only way Blueflower can be a wolf is if he played the very risky move of keeping the Baklava night 1. Therefore, he is less likely to be a wolf than the other three (which I guess is the reason why Brainy had him claim fitness guru).
Unless there's something I'm not seeing, why wouldn't the hungry wolf just give the baklava to the fat wolf? This would give the fat wolf an extra life in case they got lynched, making the humans waste a second lynch on him in the process. It seems like a hella safe move that would be easy to write off as "oh I just randomly received the baklava, how weird! I guess I can't be a wolf!"

E.Gadd found out THC's role after THC accidentally mentioned it in the Discord server. After thinking about it, if E.Gadd is a wolf, I think not wolfing THC would be an incredibly smart wolf strategy. Think about when this happened: THIS log, containing THC's private role reveal to E.Gadd took place last Tuesday, 9/12. On Wednesday, 8/13, Lkjhgfdsa publicly claimed to be the Control Freak. With two special human roles to his knowledge, lynching the public role would not only look like a typical wolf move, but it could also be used to gain THC's trust (i.e. "see, you didn't get wolf'd, I'm on your side!" etc.). Basically THC's (a blue human's) trust and E.Gadd's humanity could be gained by not lynching THC before his role was made public.

BDS scares me right now because I don't find him suspicious, other than for the fact that he has been put into the same pool of vanilla humans/wolves. I worry that he could be playing a god-tier wolf game, but that suspicion has no basis other than past game experiences.

@Brainy
Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 19, 2017, 07:24:49 AMI'd like to point out that the only real contribution Olimar has given to this game is accusations and continually saying that my humanity is off
Oh really?
Also, lol @ the idea that you're bad human playing makes me a werewolf.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 19, 2017, 07:28:16 AMHe acts like he's human but unless proven otherwise, he's shown no clear initiative to find the wolves, even holding off from claiming anything to me due to the fact that as he loosely put it "it should have been obvious that I had No item, I found no use in claiming due to this."

Okay first of all everyone should be acting like a human because 1) humans are humans and 2) the wolves want to hide so that they don't die. Secondly, I've been doing more (and logically, I might add) to actually narrow down our wolves than a confirmed human such as yourself has done (see my above spoiler again if needed). Thirdly, you were unclear about your request for item claims and you made it sound like you only wanted those with items to claim, of which I eventyually found out and claimed to you via discord that I did not have:

Logs
Public server
[8:48 AM] Prince Kay of the Milky Way: Morning Oli, give me your item claim
[8:48 AM] Fairgoer #1: Claim to the Prince.
[8:48 AM] Olimar12345: @Prince Kay of the Milky Way I think tras is referring to the messages BDS and I had last night
[8:48 AM] Trasdegi: Yes I am
[8:48 AM] Olimar12345: Also brainy quit asking publicly

DM with Brainy
[8:50 AM] Olimar12345: I don't have an item so pls stop bringing it up
[8:51 AM] BrainyLucario: I literally only brought you not claiming an item once.
[8:53 AM] Olimar12345: Saying to claim when only ppl with items should claim implies that I don't have an item, which I don't.
[8:54 AM] BrainyLucario: But, you see, if you had claimed an item, I would have known you were lying.

[close]

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Too many acronyms to remember on this site. This should read:
Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 19, 2017, 05:18:51 PMNeed I direct you towards my actual suspicion posts, of which none are like your and thc's lazy rip-off of what was BDS's less serious, time-crunched post:
(Thanks to msf for pointing this out, but lol how did you find this before anyone playing the actual game? -___-' )