TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Of course, as stated in my suspicion post, if I change my vote it'll be to blueflower before tras. I sure hope someone can help us prevent a KiTB though...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Olimar, what else would you like to hear from me?

Here's my suspicion list *puts on a tin foil hat*

Confirmed Human:
...hmmmm... I wonder who that could be
-Brainy
-Myself (But you wouldn't believe me)

I believe they are human:
-THC (and not because of his reveal, but because I figured it out myself in the Discord server, I can provide evidence if needed)

Meh:
-Davy (not much to go off of)
-Blueflower (same here, but then again it's been a bit since I read through the first few pages, so this may change)
-BDS (sorry again about the kerfuffle we had, otherwise you seem strawberry vanilla)
-Tras (I'm not seeing the wolfiness here, sorry?)

Hmmmmmmmmm...
-Olimar (you know I'm not that great of a player, no doubt, and I'd like to think you'd realise that I don't know what I'm doing with day-start games, though I went into it thinking they were exactly the same as night-start [BOY was I wrong]. So why all the heat you're giving me? I explained my reasoning for doing what I did, and I'd like to think my experience [or lack thereof, more appropriately] also partially speaks for itself.)

Uh
I think that's everyone?

Also, a reason I didn't safety on myself is because I already have a vote, and I don't want to contribute to it.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Could you post our DM log E. Gadd? From when you figured out I was Foodie to the end of that conversation. It'll take Olimar's suspicion off of you maybe. And seriously, voting on someone who just said he'd not vote for you with evidence you can provide? Dumb move.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah I can, but I legit have less than four hours to vote and not get a phantom, and I'm not about to add another vote for myself which could put me at risk for being in a KitB.

*CHAT LOG INCOMING MOMENTARILY*
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Chat stump
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:57 PM
I'm sending this to Noc
Anyhoo, so you in essence just revealed you're a blue role
Because there's no other way you would know that
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 8:58 PM
Sending what to Noc?
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:58 PM
This log
Ok
Why?
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:58 PM
Because you have to send all messages to him
For player evaluation at the end
Ok
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:59 PM
But anyhoo, are you a blue? I'm a human, and was looking for someone to claim to. I was about to claim to Brainy but then he started all that nonsense
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 8:59 PM
What exactly is claiming to? Just letting one person know your role?
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:00 PM
Basically, yea
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:00 PM
Well, I may trust no one, but I might as well tell you since I tend to lose any game I play anyway.
I am a blue
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:01 PM
Okay, this is good. Hopefully we can try to win this starting with this communication. I know, it's suspicious receiving a word like this from someone who you have no idea is telling the truth (I've been there MANY times), but if you can trust me, we can win this game.
Even if not, I won't give you away
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:02 PM
I don't trust you, but I also do. It doesn't make much sense, but it does.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:03 PM
I 100% get that. I've played around 5-7 TWGs, each different in their own regard. I know what it feels like to kinda trust someone but kinda not
Given I know you're on the human side, I'll definitely be discussing a lot more with you than with others, unless another person claims. Then we'll expand this
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:05 PM
Good plan
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:06 PM
Hopefully good enough. My thoughts are that if Brainy is a wolf, we can have this game won fairly (ha) quickly
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:06 PM
I agree
But we still need to figure out the other wolf
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:07 PM
That is true, but we have at least one veteran on our side (be it BDS, Olimar, or (chiefly) Davy)
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:08 PM
I have a feeling ulk is the Real control freak if Brainy isn't.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:08 PM
Ulk?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:08 PM
Lkjhgfdsa
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:08 PM
Ooo
Any reasoning for that or?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:09 PM
His post saying that it's a bad idea for the real control freak to claim seems like he is the real one and worried for his life(edited)
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:09 PM
Yea, it hit me as you were typing that XD
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:10 PM
Or he could be Brainy's partner
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:10 PM
And that could possibly be the case, either of those. In any matter, if Brainy is a wolf, I'd like to think any partner of GOOD experience wouldn't let him do something awfully stupid as that, which makes me believe the other wolf would be one of lesser experience
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:11 PM
Like Tras
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:11 PM
Yes, or Ulk
He hasn't been present much
Tras
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:11 PM
That too. But time zones play into that a lil bit
And he wasn't last game either
And he was a wolf last game
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:12 PM
Yea, true. I couldn't remember if he was or not
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:12 PM
Time zones don't affect how often you post in the thread, though
Just Discord
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:13 PM
Yea, but they can affect your ability to hold a conversation. Anyhoo, I'm not trying to stick up for him by any means, just trying to look at things from multiple angles before concluding anything
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:13 PM
Which is smart
I feel I'm doing better in this game. Am I?
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:14 PM
I believe so. You're making very good decisions and judgements, so far as I can tell
And thoughts on me?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:14 PM
You seem pretty okay, except for the whole BDS thing
Which was just a misunderstanding as far as I can tell
You seem like a human to me
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:15 PM
That was a massive misunderstanding XDDDDDD completely my fault
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:15 PM
So no matter what side you're on, you're doing a good job
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:16 PM
Thank you!
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:16 PM
... That's very disconcerting...
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:16 PM
...why? That was a compliment, no?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:17 PM
Yeah, but you didn't argue against being a wolf.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:17 PM
I didn't realise you were implying that ._.
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:17 PM
"You seem like a human to me, so no matter which side you're on, you're doing a good job."
I kinda implied both
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:18 PM
Oh. Well, uh... what am I supposed to say then? X'D
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:19 PM
If I knew the other two blues, everything would be easier.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:20 PM
Yuuuuup... but such is the way of TWG, no one knows much of anything :/ it's stuff you find on your own
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:21 PM
There's a [insert number here]% chance that I could find out the hungry werewolf during the night phase.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:21 PM
So you're the Foodie?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:21 PM
Yup
It's so fitting
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:22 PM
Ah. Well, lessee... your power is to send in the name of an item and then you get the player who has it?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:22 PM
Yes
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:22 PM
Hmmm... lemme check the order that the powers work real quick
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:23 PM
Item distribution is before me
So I might not find the wolf
And accuse an innocent
Or worse, another blue
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:25 PM
Yeah... so from what I read, the transfer of Baklava is the night action, as in, no one dies
But I may be misreading that.
BUT, if no one dies, you know the Baklava read is not hungry (but it could be fat)
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:26 PM
Well, we'll find out once someone is lynched or 72 hours are over.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:28 PM
Yeah. It may actually be worthwhile, though, to look for another item. Just given that the Baklava could go so many ways. That is, unless Brainy & inexperienced partner are wolves, in which case it would be perfectly fine to scan for Baklava because that would most likely be a human
I say, if Brainy is lynched, go for the Baklava, because if he's hungry, Baklava would return null
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:30 PM
Smart, but what would I go for if he isn't?
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:33 PM
Hmmm... that's tough to say for now.
I'll have to think on it a bit, mull it over. But for now, I need sleep. Ima wait for a few mins on the forums to see if any replies are made, but other than that I'm out for the night. G'night!
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:35 PM
Olimar just posted
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 9:38 PM
Yup, I saw that. Seems I'm stuck on his list for the first big bit of the game, then
Unless I can find a way to prove my humanity
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Tuesday at 9:39 PM
I don't think you can convince him. As long as you convince everyone else, you should be fine, though.
September 13, 2017
E. Gadd Industries - Last Wednesday at 6:57 AM
HEY
Should we reveal your identity to Ulk?
ThatHiddenCharacter - Last Wednesday at 8:26 AM
I already did.
[close]
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Also, this is what I'm referring to with figuring out he was blue:

This happened in the server
Fairgoer #1 - Last Tuesday at 8:51 PM
I'm just waiting for someone to counterclaim Brainy.
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:51 PM
It's inevitable because he claimed all the roles to me, and for no reason at all
It's possible he was being legit about the control freak, but then it also doesn't make sense why he would straight up reach out to me specifically asking to form an alliance
Fairgoer #1 - Last Tuesday at 8:52 PM
Unless he thinks you be wolf
To the first thing you said
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:53 PM
But even so why do that? To distract me from getting a blue?
Fairgoer #1 - Last Tuesday at 8:54 PM
Well, if Brainy's being legit, then one blue has claimed to him
And the other won't unless there's no counterclaim
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Where was that said?
Fairgoer #1 - Last Tuesday at 8:56 PM
He said that one blue already claimed to him. Let me check where
E. Gadd Industries - Last Tuesday at 8:56 PM
Yea, I know that
But what do you mean the other won't claim unless there's no counterclaim?
Fairgoer #1 - Last Tuesday at 8:56 PM
Intuition
Movie extra's intuition.
[close]
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Finally, things get moving!

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 17, 2017, 05:57:23 PMConfirmed Human:
...hmmmm... I wonder who that could be
-Brainy
-Myself (But you wouldn't believe me)

I know you're joking, but being confirmed means everyone knows, not just you lol. :P

Since the rest of your suspicions are generic versions of everyone else's, I'll jump to the more interesting one here:

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 17, 2017, 05:57:23 PMHmmmmmmmmm...
-Olimar (you know I'm not that great of a player, no doubt, and I'd like to think you'd realise that I don't know what I'm doing with day-start games, though I went into it thinking they were exactly the same as night-start [BOY was I wrong]. So why all the heat you're giving me? I explained my reasoning for doing what I did, and I'd like to think my experience [or lack thereof, more appropriately] also partially speaks for itself.)

It's because it was such a gross misunderstanding that spanned a page and a half, and nothing else can rival it in size. Just because you realize now that it was a mistake doesn't mean it didn't happen lol. This is a game where we can only analyze what you post, after all, and with a lot of posts questioning BDS's ability to play TWG it looked like you were trying to create drama to lynch him for.

Anyway, I'm a bit more satisfied on my E.Gadd suspicions for now. Seeing as how a private role reveal would be super easy to wolf, E.Gadd being a wolf seems less likely. Who could resist low-hanging fruit like that?

Before I change my vote, I would prefer we settle this what-would-be KiTB. I still don't think it's better to lynch Tras on a whim because he's the least not-suspicious, when Blueflower still seems actually suspicious for things he's actually said.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Fair enough. Blueflower is probably a better choice at this point.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 17, 2017, 06:22:35 PMIt's because it was such a gross misunderstanding that spanned a page and a half, and nothing else can rival it in size. Just because you realize now that it was a mistake doesn't mean it didn't happen lol. This is a game where we can only analyze what you post, after all, and with a lot of posts questioning BDS's ability to play TWG it looked like you were trying to create drama to lynch him for.
I mean, I was trying to get him lynched because at that point he was suspicious to me. But when I realised it was a joke, I though "Oh crepe" and hoped no one else started looking suspiciously at BDS.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 17, 2017, 06:22:35 PMBefore I change my vote, I would prefer we settle this what-would-be KiTB. I still don't think it's better to lynch Tras on a whim because he's the least not-suspicious, when Blueflower still seems actually suspicious for things he's actually said.
Yeah... I'd like to be filled in on this myself for both of them, Tras especially.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

[Vote Retracted] I'll wait for E.Gadd to get a chance to respond before I cast my vote.

Tras 2 (Brainy, Blueflower)
davy 1 (davy)
Olimar (E.Gadd)
Blueflower 3 (BDS, Tras, THC)

Ninjad

blueflower999

You're wasting a lynch on me, honestly. I'll claim as the current holder of the Baklava on a Stick item. Presumably some wolf passed it to me during the night phase. I didn't have an item at the time so they didn't get anything. Holding onto the item for now because I don't see using it benefiting the humans at all.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatHiddenCharacter

Oh wait, I forgot about that bit of information that my power had told me. I'm gonna change my vote to make a tie, so that the lynch is random between the tiees. BDS.

BrainyLucario

If you guys lynch Blueflower I'm not going to be happy....They're the Guru
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BrainyLucario

HOW MANY ROLES ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE ME GIVE AWAY BEFORE YOU STOP ASSUMING BASED ON POSTS
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on September 17, 2017, 06:56:58 PMIf you guys lynch Blueflower I'm not going to be happy....They're the Guru

really
are you for eel rn
fuck it, is there any more information that you know that you could screw over the humans with by revealing? get it all out now so that we can stop having this issue.

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 17, 2017, 06:50:59 PMOh wait, I forgot about that bit of information that my power had told me. I'm gonna change my vote to make a tie, so that the lynch is random between the tiees. BDS.

...This is literally a KiTB, something I was trying to avoid because it does not progress the game...

Tras 2 (Brainy, Blueflower)
davy 1 (davy)
Olimar 1 (E.Gadd)
Blueflower 3 (BDS, Tras)
BDS 1 (THC)

Quote from: blueflower999 on September 17, 2017, 06:46:28 PMYou're wasting a lynch on me, honestly. I'll claim as the current holder of the Baklava on a Stick item. Presumably some wolf passed it to me during the night phase. I didn't have an item at the time so they didn't get anything. Holding onto the item for now because I don't see using it benefiting the humans at all.

Well a tad too little too late I think. Why'd you wait until the end of the phase to make mention of that? Also, there's still the possibility that you false claimed to brainy as the guru and are the fat wolf, but after not dying you'd be dead next day phase and the humans would be back in the lead. Or you could be the hungry wolf and could not have passed it last night phase. huh. Not really sure what to think here yet.