News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG XCVI: The Great Minnesota Get-Together

Started by mikey, September 11, 2017, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

TWG XCV: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
Wow!  9 (or 10 (or even 11 (I like to be optimistic (but not really)))) of us all went to the Minnesota State Fair together and we're ready to have a blast!  Unbeknownst to the group of us, two members of the party are unbelievably selfish and want to hog all the [generic food item]-on-a-sticks to themselves.  But we're not going to let that happen.  Are we?

1. Hungry Werewolf- Each night phase, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player is killed.  If that player was holding an Item, the Hungry Werewolf takes that Item.  The Hungry Werewolf never receives an Item during distribution.
2. Fat Werewolf- As long as the Fat Werewolf is holding an Item, if the Fat Werewolf would die, instead becomes a Vanilla Werewolf and loses any Item held.
3. Foodie- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of an Item.  The Foodie receives a PM with the name of the Player holding that Item.
4. Fitness Guru- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player loses any Item they were holding.
5. Control Freak- Once per game, at night, may send a PM to the host asking the host to redistribute the Items.  The Items will be redistributed at the end of the Phase.
6. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
7. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
8. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
9. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.

Players:

•BrainyLucario
•ThatHiddenCharacter
•Trasdegi
•davy
•BlackDragonSlayer
•Olimar12345
•BlueFlower
•E. Gadd Industries
•Lkjhgfdsa_77

Items:
To consume an Item, the Player holding that Item sends a PM to the host notifying them of their intent.  Once consumed, Items are removed from the game and do not return.

Mocha-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to revive another Player at the end of the next Night Phase.

Deep-Fried-Baklava-On-A-Stick: This Item is always given to the Hungry Werewolf.  Since nobody likes Baklava, this Item cannot be consumed by a Player and instead can be passed on to another Player as a night action.  If that Player is holding an Item already, they swap Items.

Sweet Martha's Cookies: If a Player holding Sweet Martha's Cookies would die, instead the Item is consumed and that Player's Role is publicized.

Corn-Dog-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to have their vote count as 2 during the next Day Phase.

Night Action Order:

Control Freak
Hungry Werewolf
Item Actions (Including consumption)
Foodie
Fitness Guru

The game begins on a Day Phase, as does the MN State Fair.  This Day Phase will be 72 hours long to ensure everyone is active.  Cardflips are OFF.  There will be a STORY.

It is currently Night 1.  Night 1 ends on September 16, at 12:00 AM CST, regardless of when the actual phase update comes.

Role PMs
Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Hungry Werewolf- Each night phase, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player is killed.  If that player was holding an Item, the Hungry Werewolf takes that Item.  The Hungry Werewolf never receives an Item during distribution.  Your partner is PLAYERNAME, the Fat Werewolf.

You have been given [ITEM-description]./You were not given an item. (This line is present in every role PM.)

Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Fat Werewolf- As long as the Fat Werewolf is holding an Item, if the Fat Werewolf would die, instead becomes a Vanilla Werewolf and loses any Item held.  Your partner is PLAYERNAME, the Hungry Werewolf.

Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Foodie- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of an Item.  The Foodie receives a PM with the name of the Player holding that Item.

Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Fitness Guru- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player loses any Item they were holding.

Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Control Freak- Once per game, at night, may send a PM to the host asking the host to redistribute the Items.  The Items will be redistributed at the end of the Phase.

Hello, PLAYERNAME;

You are the Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
[close]
unmotivated

mikey

Role PMs have been distributed.  Items have been randomized.

IF YOU SEE ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY WITH YOUR ROLE PM, MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY.

Message me privately once you have received your role PM so I know you've gotten it.
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

The Game has now started.  It is Day 1.  Day 1 ends in 72 hours on September 14 at 9:00 PM CST, regardless of when the actual phase update arrives.
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

GAME START!!!

Hello, fellow Fairgoers! It's a lovely day to eat and hunt. Maybe we can eat what we hunt! Or hunt what we eat? Whatever, let's have a wonderful Fair!

THC POST END!!!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

I hate to be a fair-weather friend, but this is a fairly quiet start to the game, no? But wouldn't you say that this post I am posting right now is a fair solution?

Also, hi. This is me posting to say that I am the E. Gadd Industries. And I'll be active. Just... it's night. I need sleep. G'night!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm kind of sick right now and also kind of out of it, so I'll wait to post something more substantial until I'm feeling a little better. I know from past games that TWG'ing while deliriously sick isn't the best idea. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I apologize, guys, I had a pre-story written out and it was great and everything.  Unfortunately, I was playing league of legends and I accidentally closed the tab.  It was GREAT, I swear.  I'll get some more story out later.
unmotivated

blueflower999

It's been a long time but I think I'm ready for this. Should be a fun time.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Trasdegi

I didn't even know what the minessota state fair was, I just googled it and now I understand the story xD

Oh, and hello.

BrainyLucario

Oh Golly gosh I love the fair. Especially the Ferris wheel. I could ride it all day! Please don't make me go in the Ring of Fire though,
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Lkjhgfdsa_77

this is what happens when i dont check the forums enough

Hello, I'm alive and playing in this round. Time to read the entire Wikipedia page on the fair.

Edit -
Quote from: WikipediaIn 2007, one new food was spaghetti on a stick.
how does this work
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

ThatHiddenCharacter

Ferris Wheels are tall and scary. I'd rather go play games of skill! Or visit the food stops, which is what I tend to do at Fairs. I'm very hungry. I'll meet y'all at the snack shack!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter