Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 3
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Password
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WaluigiTime64

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

The official title should be "Password" I think.

Just felt like getting something short out there while I still can.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

*opens original by mistake*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE
*opens replacement*
*eyegasm*

I think the only things I'd fix is in m.7, add a Db an octave below the one at the start of the measure (I don't believe that inhibits playability to any degree) and remove the second-to-last Gb in that same measure (if you listen to the original, that's actually the Gb a half-beat before being held for the length of a quarter note). Other than that, this is miles better than that piece of garbage we have on site right now. Thank you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

The Deku Trombonist

LeviR.star

Thanks so much for this, Wah!

I've examined many of the NES MM tracks, and I've noticed that narrowing down tempos by the composers was done, (for the most part,) to the nearest 10 bpm. In other words, I find it unnecessary to label it as 151 bpm. It's up to you, of course.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

The nearest 10 BPM is ridiculous. That's a really massive gap and virtually every metronome out there is going to have at least two or three settings between those integers at those speeds. But yes, I'd drop it to an even 150 for convenience.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

The actual tempo is 150 anyways, so go with that. (It's actually 150.3--that's where you can start drawing the line for "too specific" because almost no metronome out there has decimals.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

How did the composers make music for NES Mega Man games, anyway? What kind of settings were there for tempo? I just find it not very believable that they would program a tempo with a decimal. It's not like 3 tenths of a bpm would sound significantly different.

Do you know, Dudeman? I'm curious.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

All I know is that assuming that a piece's tempo has to be in intervals of 10 BPM makes zero sense, and there's zero reason to doubt what a tapper says. You're hearing the music and the music was programmed that way, so what's to compensate for?

LeviR.star

Well, the Tempo Tapper does average things out over time; it's not exact, is what I'm saying.

Just take it down to 150 bpm, Wah. Then I'd say your sheet looks pretty good.

mastersuperfan

Yeah but I tap the thing for like 1000 beats anyways so my average is always accurate
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

WaluigiTime64

uh for tempo you just punch in a number

generally they picked things like 150 or 180 because of the way it works (makes more sense if you know chiptune making to a reasonable degree) but they could still pick any number they wanted. considering this song is in swing (which would be 12/8 in FamiTracker) as well as the possibility that the source i got the original bpm off was slightly faster there are possible reasons for why i could have picked 151

yes that does mean i agree it probably should be 150 but i got it as 151 when i was originally checking it

i like having weird bpms i do what i want

also i'll need help to change it to 150bpm lol so it's a bit out of the way

also thanks Mael

also it's been edited now

we managed to change 2 notes and a whole 1 bpm. woot
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Never really understood the need to round for the sole reason of making it a "nice" number. If you're using a classical metronome, it's easy to do the math and round to the nearest available marking. Otherwise if you're using an electronic metronome, using the "odd" number on the sheet will give you the exact tempo.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

I agree that "making it a nice number" should never be the reason to change the tempo. I (asked someone to) change it because there were multiple reasons to consider 150bpm more appropriate in this situation.