Previous topic - Next topic

TWG vote

Brainy's Sonic Themed Game
4 (44.4%)
Nocturne's Minnesota Fair Themed Game
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

BrainyLucario

I've updated the game and me and Noc both agree that it's balanced. We only need one more person to start it. Ask some NSMers if they'd like to join!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

I'm on a computer so I can quote my game from last signups:

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 26, 2017, 09:56:45 PM
TWG XCV: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
Wow!  9 (or 10 (or even 11 (I like to be optimistic (but not really)))) of us all went to the Minnesota State Fair together and we're ready to have a blast!  Unbeknownst to the group of us, two members of the party are unbelievably selfish and want to hog all the [generic food item]-on-a-sticks to themselves.  But we're not going to let that happen.  Are we?

1. Hungry Werewolf- Each night phase, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player is killed.  If that player was holding an Item, the Hungry Werewolf takes that Item.  The Hungry Werewolf never receives an Item during distribution.
2. Fat Werewolf- As long as the Fat Werewolf is holding an Item, if the Fat Werewolf would die, instead becomes a Vanilla Werewolf and loses any Item held.
3. Foodie- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of an Item.  The Foodie receives a PM with the name of the Player holding that Item.
4. Fitness Guru- Each night, sends a PM to the host with the name of a Player.  That Player loses any Item they were holding.
5. Control Freak- Once per game, at night, may send a PM to the host asking the host to redistribute the Items.  The Items will be redistributed at the end of the Phase.
6. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
7. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
8. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.
9. Vanilla Human- Has no extraordinary powers, but likes food a lot, which is a superpower in its own right.

Items:

To consume an Item, the Player holding that Item sends a PM to the host notifying them of their intent.  Once consumed, Items are removed from the game and do not return.
Mocha-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to revive another Player at the end of the next Night Phase.
Deep-Fried-Baklava-On-A-Stick: This Item is always given to the Hungry Werewolf.  Since nobody likes Baklava, this Item cannot be consumed by a Player and instead can be passed on to another Player as a night action.  If that Player is holding an Item already, they swap Items.
Sweet Martha's Cookies: If a Player holding Sweet Martha's Cookies would die, instead the Item is consumed and that Player's Role is publicized.
Corn-Dog-On-A-Stick: A Player may consume this Item to have their vote count as 2 during the next Day Phase.

Night Action Order:

Control Freak
Hungry Werewolf
Item Actions (Including consumption)
Foodie
Fitness Guru

The game begins on a Day Phase, as does the MN State Fair.  This Day Phase will be 72 hours long to ensure everyone is active.  Cardflips are OFF.  There will be a STORY.

If anything this game seems pretty human-sided, but I'm not sure how good the hungry wolf's item stealing ability is.  I think there's a lot of room for fancy high-level play with this setup and provided it's balanced properly we could see some really cool stuff happen.  With 9 players the game reaches parity in 5 phases, which means humans are allowed 2 mislynches.  My first instinct is to change the Mocha ability to something more tame, but what else represents the reviving power of frozen ice cream coffee...
unmotivated

Olimar12345

I say we hurry up and put up the pole as soon as davy posts his game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

atm i'd rather play than host a game. However, I think it's better if we put up the pole once we have enough players (we are one short now for both games).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mikey

It's more likely speech to text
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mikey

I posted on ffr, maybe someone from over there will come.  Slight chance, but not big

We may need the dudeman
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 08, 2017, 11:53:57 AMI posted on ffr, maybe someone from over there will come.  Slight chance, but not big

We may need the dudeman
Quick! Someone play a high quality rip!

Olimar12345

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on September 08, 2017, 07:48:16 AM...
Please tell me this is an inside joke...

Davy and I are actually pole dancers
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 08, 2017, 12:08:08 PMDavy and I are actually pole dancers
And that's going in the hall of quotes

mikey

I can confirm, olimar empties my wallet weekly
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 08, 2017, 02:09:57 PMI can confirm, olimar empties my wallet weekly

Only Olimar? What does he have that I don't have?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mastersuperfan

Quote from: davy on September 09, 2017, 02:09:02 PMOnly Olimar? What does he have that I don't have?

The space helmet.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Trasdegi

So for either the sonic or the minessota game, we need 1 another player, if anyone wants to play please do so!