News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee - "Fire Emblem" (Replacement) by Theguysayhi

Started by Zeta, September 06, 2017, 07:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Fire Emblem
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Theguysayhi

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Theguysayhi

After years of lurking this site, I finally decided to contribute something!
I'm pretty new here, I've just started arranging, and this is my first post on the forums so... I've most undoubtedly done something wrong somewhere, just be nice when critiquing me...

LeviR.star

Quote from: Theguysayhi on September 06, 2017, 07:52:02 PMAfter years of lurking this site, I finally decided to contribute something!

Hey, I lurked this site, too! 5 years before finally joining, too!

Welcome! To start off, I like to say thank you for contributing by replacing! We've got plenty of sheets that are outdated here.

If you would please read these formatting guidelines, it would help your sheet! If you have any further questions, or if you'd like a sheet template, let us know! We're happy to help!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Welcome to NSM! (Hi!)

It's great to see new arrangers join, and this looks like a terrific effort to start! Please, do stay, learn, arrange more, and grow ^^

I hate to be the one to bring this news, though, but Zeila just submitted a replacement for this sheet :-[
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Y'know, I hate to say this, but I couldn't remember whether or not that was a thing...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Theguysayhi

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 06, 2017, 07:55:30 PMHey, I lurked this site, too! 5 years before finally joining, too!

Welcome! To start off, I like to say thank you for contributing by replacing! We've got plenty of sheets that are outdated here.

If you would please read these formatting guidelines, it would help your sheet! If you have any further questions, or if you'd like a sheet template, let us know! We're happy to help!

Thanks a bunch! I actually don't have a purchased build of Finale so a Sheet Template would be amazing! I created this by porting my arrangement over from MuseScore, and unfortunately my options are limited with the free Finale Notepad edition.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 06, 2017, 08:02:29 PMWelcome to NSM! (Hi!)

It's great to see new arrangers join, and this looks like a terrific effort to start! Please, do stay, learn, arrange more, and grow ^^

I hate to be the one to bring this news, though, but Zeila just submitted a replacement for this sheet :-[

I was too late? Nooo...
Oh well, looking over Zelia's arrangement it looks like I got the wrong Key (D major instead of G major) in the last segment of the song too haha, I'll have to fix that.
Either way, thank you so much! I've had a real blast playing all the arrangements on here, yours included! I really feel like trying some arranging of my own is my way of "thanking" you guys ^^

Latios212

Quote from: Theguysayhi on September 06, 2017, 08:24:13 PMEither way, thank you so much! I've had a real blast playing all the arrangements on here, yours included! I really feel like trying some arranging of my own is my way of "thanking" you guys ^^
Haha, by all means do stick around, post your arrangements, get involved, and chat with us! I look forward to seeing what you arrange and what you think about our sheets!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Theguysayhi

Quote from: Latios212 on September 06, 2017, 08:30:54 PMHaha, by all means do stick around, post your arrangements, get involved, and chat with us! I look forward to seeing what you arrange and what you think about our sheets!

I will! I'm actually rather "fresh" at this arranging stuff but I love reading and playing music. I could definitely learn some new things from you guys! 

Soo uh... what will happen to this arrangement if Zelia's already arranged it? Is it worth continuing to work on this one?

LeviR.star

You can go ahead and delete this one. It will just be sent to Archive.

Latios212

About this sheet though, just to clarify: it's your sheet and you do what you want with it :3

At the moment though, it seems like Zeila's sheet is a little closer to being accepted in terms of quality and formatting and such, so it's more likely we'll end up going with that one for the site. But that by no means means that your sheet is bad and you should stop working on it! Especially with a sheet this complex there are a lot of arrangement decisions to be made and things you can do to make this sheet your own (which I have already seen a lot of).

If this ends up being deleted, feel free to share on a personal arrangement thread (please do!)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Theguysayhi

Quote from: Latios212 on September 06, 2017, 08:49:24 PMAbout this sheet though, just to clarify: it's your sheet and you do what you want with it :3

At the moment though, it seems like Zeila's sheet is a little closer to being accepted in terms of quality and formatting and such, so it's more likely we'll end up going with that one for the site. But that by no means means that your sheet is bad and you should stop working on it! Especially with a sheet this complex there are a lot of arrangement decisions to be made and things you can do to make this sheet your own (which I have already seen a lot of).

If this ends up being deleted, feel free to share on a personal arrangement thread (please do!)

No problem, that's fair enough. Checking over Zelia's arrangement, it's definitely the more "accurate" arrangement, but it's still somehow very different to mine! I don't know if I'm savvy enough to go as far as making my own personal arrangement thread yet, but maybe I could post arrangements of simpler songs and learn from there. And I really do appreciate the warm welcome! It's really reassuring that I'll be able to get tips on how to improve my arrangements :)

Speaking of which, (and this is slightly off topic) Is it necessary to purchase Finale to submit stuff to NSM? As you guys mentioned above, there are some formalities with formatting music which sadly, isn't possible with the free notepad version of Finale.

Dudeman

Quote from: Theguysayhi on September 07, 2017, 02:56:30 PMSpeaking of which, (and this is slightly off topic) Is it necessary to purchase Finale to submit stuff to NSM? As you guys mentioned above, there are some formalities with formatting music which sadly, isn't possible with the free notepad version of Finale.
No purchase necessary. If you ever find yourself in need of help with formatting a .mus because of Notepad's stupidity, visit this topic to ask for assistance. A lot of us don't have the full version of Finale and it turns out fine in the end.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Theguysayhi

Quote from: Dudeman on September 07, 2017, 03:26:55 PMNo purchase necessary. If you ever find yourself in need of help with formatting a .mus because of Notepad's stupidity, visit this topic to ask for assistance. A lot of us don't have the full version of Finale and it turns out fine in the end.

Alrighty, thanks a bunch!

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Since I just accepted the over version of this submission, I'll be deleting this submission for now. Feel free to submit other stuff, though. Replacements are always welcome.