News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[BS-X] Satellaview BIOS - "Downloading Theme 2" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, September 02, 2017, 07:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Satellaview BIOS
Console: Satellaview
Title: Downloading Theme 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Woo, this song sure is a nice ragtime! Someone once mentioned that it should've been some Super Mario All-Stars bonus room theme.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Maybe 8vb the entire bassline? Up to you on this one.
Also, make those dotted quarters 8ths tied to quarters. That way, it's easier to see how they fit into the swing rhythm.
Nice job, btw

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 02, 2017, 09:23:02 AMMaybe 8vb the entire bassline? Up to you on this one.

I could try that, but I'm not sure how to make 8vas below the bass clef read "8vb"; that is, of course, if it really matters. I could also try writing "play bass line one octave lower" like I did with my Kirby's Avalanche sheet.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 02, 2017, 09:23:02 AMAlso, make those dotted quarters 8ths tied to quarters. That way, it's easier to see how they fit into the swing rhythm.

That makes more sense. I'll keep this in mind from now on.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 02, 2017, 09:23:02 AMNice job, btw

Thanks, Mael! Wasn't sure how this one was going to turn out, but I'm glad I've reached the confidence to submit it.

I'll make these changes when I get home; right now I'm at my grandparents' house for Labor Day weekend, where I only have my school chromebook.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Technically, 8va is the correct way, as 8vb has only begun happening in modern notation.
If you want to change it
Smartshape tool>smartshape options>symbols>Octave down>select>find the 8vb

LeviR.star

Do you think I should use 8vb for sheets with more than one page and plenty of spacing, and "Play LH one octave lower" for sheets on one page with limited space?

Maelstrom

It's up to you. I usually use "Play RH 8vb lower" if it's for the entire song, or a few pages. Space isn't really what makes me decide one way or the other

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot