Update. I have now released Alpha version 0.2.2
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

As soon as I have computer access I'll be testing this for sure
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

After performing a test I have confirmed that any encounter with Celebi will cause the game to freeze. This is likely due to the added gender ratio. I will remove it.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dekkadeci

Why does Cubone have the ability to evolve into Kangaskhan in this hack? I don't get the flavour logic behind this.

Dudeman

Oh, you don't know the fan theory? I thought it was fairly well-known. There's a theory that a Cubone without the skull is a baby Kangaskhan, based on the lore behind it and their very similar physiologies. In other words, if Cubone evolved without its mother's skull on its head, it would become a Kangaskhan. There are some problems with this since Kangaskhan is always female, but it's a lovely morbid fan theory and I like it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

Dudeman hit the nail right on the head
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

I'm not sure I like the idea of changing the starters- maybe just increase the selection to roughly 12 or so?
some of us like our piplups
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 05:52:12 PMI'm not sure I like the idea of changing the starters- maybe just increase the selection to roughly 12 or so?
some of us like our piplups
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 05:52:12 PMmaybe just increase the selection to roughly 12 or so?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 05:52:12 PMjust increase the selection to roughly 12
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 02, 2017, 05:52:12 PMjust 12

no
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Have 12 options and they're all Piplups.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Trainer Ave

I understand your concern. I cannot increase the number of starter choices but I plan to make them available later in game
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

so I'm trying to install everything I need to but it's all very confusing and I can't open the rom I installed because it's a 7zip file and not a .nds file (is that even a real thing?)

could you give a link to the ROM you use
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

A 7z file is an archive file. You need to unzip the archive file. The .nds file will be inside it.
Also no. I am not allowed to provide a rom link.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Dudeman on September 02, 2017, 01:44:00 PMOh, you don't know the fan theory? I thought it was fairly well-known. There's a theory that a Cubone without the skull is a baby Kangaskhan, based on the lore behind it and their very similar physiologies. In other words, if Cubone evolved without its mother's skull on its head, it would become a Kangaskhan. There are some problems with this since Kangaskhan is always female, but it's a lovely morbid fan theory and I like it.
I've never heard of that fan theory, and it still doesn't make sense to me. We've seen plenty of baby Kangaskhans (including in the official art and the Mega art), and the skulls don't look like matches for blocky Cubone or even smoother Marowak.

mikey

I finally got this figured out, but I don't know where I'm supposed to put the .narc files.  I can't find any folder named poketool.  It looks like the changes were made, though, so... will anything terrible happen?

EDIT: I'm noticing black spots on the overworld

EDIT: The sprites for the starter pokemon haven't been changed even though the names have, when selecting your starter.  AND your partner still has one of the original starters.  For continuity's sake you may want to change that :P

I didn't see anything else out of the ordinary for the beginning part, though you may want to edit spheal's moveslot, as powder snow made the rival battle trivial
unmotivated