News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

twg xcv: nothing special

Started by Olimar12345, August 28, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

twg xcv: nothing special

2 wolves, 6 humans. the wolves kill one player per night via pm and everybody votes on lynches during the day. this game has cardflips.

roles

1. wolf
2. wolf
3. human
4. human
5. human
6. human
7. human
8. human

players

1. davy
2. Trasdegi
3. BlackDragonSlayer
4. NocturneOfShadow
5. E. Gadd Industries
6. BrainyLucario
7. ThatHiddenCharacter
8. mastersuperfan

role pms:
you're a wolf. your partner is ______. try to kill humans.

you're a human. try to hunt some wolves.
[close]

all role pm's have been sent out. it is now night 1. night 1 ends 24 hours from now
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Obligatory I'm here post

Say, what are the odds that brainy is a wolf again
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Olimar told me to hunt some wolves.

WHERE'S MAH RIFLE
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Msf is a wolf
His partner is brainy
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

But then again, I believe Olimar is the wolf.

Also, this is me posting to say I have lotsa homework tonight, so I won't be on that much
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

e gad is a wolf

and his partner is brainy
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Checking in.
Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 28, 2017, 10:23:28 AMWHERE'S MAH RIFLE

I have it. I turned it into a shotgun for multi wolf killin' Yeehaw
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

brainy is a wolf

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

If I shoot all 7 other players at once then the humans are guaranteed a win :D

On a serious note, how exactly do we get started here? Given that there are no special roles--which means no findings, no claims, and no confirmed humans--it really doesn't seem like we have too many leads here. Yeah, there are reads, but if there aren't enough posts to read in the first place then I'm not sure people will even make enough new posts for us to track down the wolves with any reliability. I guess we could use the wolf targets as our leads, but those can be random sometimes and don't always give us that much, especially when people haven't posted much. Any ideas?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 28, 2017, 06:05:14 PMbrainy is a wolf

I'll shoot Brainy twice, don't worry
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 28, 2017, 06:11:10 PMIf I shoot all 7 other players at once then the humans are guaranteed a win :D

On a serious note, how exactly do we get started here? Given that there are no special roles--which means no findings, no claims, and no confirmed humans--it really doesn't seem like we have too many leads here. Yeah, there are reads, but if there aren't enough posts to read in the first place then I'm not sure people will even make enough new posts for us to track down the wolves with any reliability. I guess we could use the wolf targets as our leads, but those can be random sometimes and don't always give us that much, especially when people haven't posted much. Any ideas?

I'll shoot Brainy twice, don't worry
There are a few things you can do!
Something I've seen before is a "town block"- you make a list of players you would like to be town this game.  That gives something other players can comment on.  Something else you can do is post memes if that's your thing
Another thing to do is comment on E Gadd's entrance.  While in theory being busy isn't alignment indicative I see wolves using it a lot more often than humans, which is why he's early in my scum pile.
Alternatively, you could vote for someone.  Since this game starts on a night phase, though, that probably wouldn't work very well.

This is a bit of circular logic that I tried to talk about in my theory guide.  In a vanilla game like this (the most common of TWGs), you don't get any free information.  You need to work for it, so you have to give other players information that they can use to make educated guesses.  For example, your post comes across to me as a town who's willing to play, but isn't sure what to do in a vanilla setup, so right now I've got you as a moderate town lean already.  Basically, humans need to post A LOT otherwise the wolves are winning.  Think of it this way- the more you post the more people can town read you, so there's nothing to lose from posting about any little thing that crosses your mind.
unmotivated

mikey

just saying, it's really nice to have a vanilla game again.  I was pushing for them for a while ago and now I'm not even the one who has to host it!
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Hey, since I've started college now, I might not be able to be in Discord all that often, but I'll definitely try to post all I can!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

something else to note about this game, phases end in the mornings (American time).  If there's anything you want to say before you die (such as "Wolves would never kill me!"), don't forget to say it before it's too late

Tell my wife I ate a ham sandwich
unmotivated