TWG XCIV: How to Kill TWG

Started by davy, August 19, 2017, 02:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 19, 2017, 10:58:00 PMNoc: to me he looks like he's playing like he always does when he's a human. This usually involves doing lots of drastic things that makes everyone else suspect him a lot and generally tends to lead to his lynch.
Ehh, I should probably mentioned that I played with Nocturne on LLF, and he was a wolf.

he played pretty much exactly the same

for reading, start here and keep going until the end of day 1
Nocturne's always kind of "out there" with his play, and though that game wasn't as drastic as this game (most of the stuff Nocturne did that got him lynched was behind the scenes, IIRC), it's pretty much the same style.

Also note Noc might be trying the same strategy Not Spy did in that game, but it doesn't work in this game because both the special roles "available" to claim are pretty useful (also, I personally disagreed with Not Spy's actions anyway). which could equally paint noc as a dumb human, a dumb wolf, or a wolf intentionally trying to act dumb
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

TWG XCII: How to Kill TWG

There's no seering in this game, so colors are just for convenience.

Wolves
1. Breaking the rules - Can wolf a player during the night phase. If he wolves a player, Inactivity cannot use its power during the same night phase.
2. Inactivity - Cannot wolf. Each night phase can target one player, except himself or Breaking the rules. That player loses his vote. If Inactivity uses its power, Breaking the rules cannot wolf during the same night phase. During the day phase, Inactivity can opt to have its voting power changed based on the amount of times it succesfully caused a player to lose its vote:
        0 times: vote counts for 1
        1 time: vote counts for 1,01
        2 times: vote counts for 2,01
        3 times or more: Any vote he casts immediately causes an insta on the player Inactivity voted for, and other players' votes can't cause insta's.

Humans:
3. TWC Member - Known for his abuse of power frivolousness, he can ban (=vigi) one player each night phase. Additionally, during any phase, but one time only, he can post the name of a player that was vigi'd followed by 'that ban was just a joke, also, frivolous.' to revive that player at the end of the phase.
4. Host - In an attempt to keep his game alive he can convince a player to keep playing (=guard) each night phase. This protects them from both Inactivity and Breaking the rules. Cannot guard self. Each time he guards a player that was also guarded the night phase before, a random human other than the host and the guarded player loses his vote, because the game is no fun if the host has favorites. This loss of votes doesn't count towards Inactivity's voting power, unless Inactivity targets the same player at any point in the game.
5. Player
6. Player
7. Player
8. Player

Role PM's
Breaking the rules
You are Breaking the rules. I mean, you have the role Breaking the rules. If I catch you breaking the rules, you will be kicked out of the game, even though you are Breaking the rules.

NAME is Inactivity.
[close]
Inactivity
You are Inactivity. That is not an excuse to be inactive.

NAME is Breaking the rules, well, I mean, that's his role, not his current activity.
[close]
TWC Member
You are the TWC Member. It is your duty to provide a structural base for the subforum, to make sure things don't get out of hand and to govern the subforum with knowledge and experience. Or you can just go trigger happy and ban everyone.

Frivolous.
[close]
Host
You are the host. Wait, no, I am the host. You just have the role Host. You can convince people to keep playing, but try to not have favourites, that might backfire.
[close]
Player
You are a Player. You should really stop having all those one-night stands, though.
[close]
[close]

1. Olimar12345
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. NocturneOfShadow
4. E. Gadd Industries
5. Dudeman
6. BrainyLucario
7. Trasdegi
8. mastersuperfan

Night 1 is over. BrainyLucario was banned by the TWC. It's now day 1. Day 1 ends August 22nd 2:00AM PST, 3:00AM MST, 4:00AM CST, 5:00AM EST, 11:00AM CET. That's 48 hours from now.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Also, I'm very pleased with the activity so far. Let's keep this up!
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BrainyLucario

The Sweet Embrace of DeathBanishment surrounds me. All is right with the world as I bid you all good luck and a very good game.  (Death post btw)
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, guess one of us just lost our votes!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Well, sorry, Brainy... with more than two people against you, I figured there was some credibility behind the claims. So I tried to think things through, and that's what resulted.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: davy on August 20, 2017, 02:01:30 AMAlso, I'm very pleased with the activity so far. Let's keep this up!

Welp this basically rules out the possibility that either the twc/Vigi was not active. Rip brainy.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

To expand on my previous post, here's what I believe happened last night:

For starters, I believe that Egadd is basically confirmed as the TWC at this point. If our actual host says that activity has been good then we can use that to say that all of our special roles played last night. This means that there was one wolf activity and two special human abilities (guard and vigi) used. Egadd claimed twc and vigi'd someone (brainy) and the host guarded someone (most likely egadd, but def. not brainy). Since brainy was the only death, this means one of a few things happened:

1) The wolves also targeted brainy. HIGHLY unlikely imo, but if both kills went to brainy for some reason, it'd look like this.

2) The wolves used their inactive ability instead of wolfing someone, which means get ready to count votes next phase.

3) Brainy was the BTR wolf and sent his wolfing in after egadd, thus he was killed first (idr exactly if this is how it works, but Noc said he asked Davy this on discord and iirc this is what he said).

No. 2 is easily our best bet though, since 1 is circumstantially unlikely and 3 puts a lot of luck on us actually making the best hit in the game on our first night (and making it happen before egadd).

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

I'd say number 3 isn't very likely, as Brainy would've had to send in his bids late
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Even so, there's still a slim chance that he really was the brt wolf and they just used the inactive ability.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Trasdegi

Brainy could be Inactivity too, and:
1. He used his powers and someone loosed a vote
2. BTH wolfed a guarded player

E. Gadd Industries

Would davy say if a guarded player was targeted? I can't remember...
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Quote from: davy on August 20, 2017, 02:01:30 AMAlso, I'm very pleased with the activity so far. Let's keep this up!
you're welcome
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 20, 2017, 08:36:25 AMIf our actual host says that activity has been good then we can use that to say that all of our special roles played last night.
My post about the activity was regarding the activity in the topic; we don't always reach eight pages before the end of the first night. My comments give in no way any indication about what is happening behind the scenes.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 20, 2017, 08:36:25 AM3) Brainy was the BTR wolf and sent his wolfing in after egadd, thus he was killed first (idr exactly if this is how it works, but Noc said he asked Davy this on discord and iirc this is what he said).

This is correct, if Breaking targets the TWC before the TWC makes their night action, the TWC dies, and vice versa.

Quote from: Trasdegi on August 20, 2017, 08:57:58 AMBrainy could be Inactivity too, and:
1. He used his powers and someone loosed a vote
2. BTH wolfed a guarded player

The two wolves cannot activate their abilities on the same night phase.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 20, 2017, 09:08:16 AMWould davy say if a guarded player was targeted? I can't remember...

If a guarded player was targeted I will not say so.