News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG XCIV: How to Kill TWG

Started by davy, August 19, 2017, 02:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

If inactivity hit someone and someone other than e gadd gets killed/inactivd AND the host guards e gadd we go into the next day with 2 human votes- e gadds is guaranteed

There will also be 5 players instead of 4 so if there are still 2 wolves left this is still our best option
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

davy

TWG XCIV: How to Kill TWG

There's no seering in this game, so colors are just for convenience.

Wolves
1. Breaking the rules - Can wolf a player during the night phase. If he wolves a player, Inactivity cannot use its power during the same night phase.
2. Inactivity - Cannot wolf. Each night phase can target one player, except himself or Breaking the rules. That player loses his vote. If Inactivity uses its power, Breaking the rules cannot wolf during the same night phase. During the day phase, Inactivity can opt to have its voting power changed based on the amount of times it succesfully caused a player to lose its vote:
        0 times: vote counts for 1
        1 time: vote counts for 1,01
        2 times: vote counts for 2,01
        3 times or more: Any vote he casts immediately causes an insta on the player Inactivity voted for, and other players' votes can't cause insta's.

Humans:
3. TWC Member - Known for his abuse of power frivolousness, he can ban (=vigi) one player each night phase. Additionally, during any phase, but one time only, he can post the name of a player that was vigi'd followed by 'that ban was just a joke, also, frivolous.' to revive that player at the end of the phase.
4. Host - In an attempt to keep his game alive he can convince a player to keep playing (=guard) each night phase. This protects them from both Inactivity and Breaking the rules. Cannot guard self. Each time he guards a player that was also guarded the night phase before, a random human other than the host and the guarded player loses his vote, because the game is no fun if the host has favorites. This loss of votes doesn't count towards Inactivity's voting power, unless Inactivity targets the same player at any point in the game.
5. Player
6. Player
7. Player
8. Player

Role PM's
Breaking the rules
You are Breaking the rules. I mean, you have the role Breaking the rules. If I catch you breaking the rules, you will be kicked out of the game, even though you are Breaking the rules.

NAME is Inactivity.
[close]
Inactivity
You are Inactivity. That is not an excuse to be inactive.

NAME is Breaking the rules, well, I mean, that's his role, not his current activity.
[close]
TWC Member
You are the TWC Member. It is your duty to provide a structural base for the subforum, to make sure things don't get out of hand and to govern the subforum with knowledge and experience. Or you can just go trigger happy and ban everyone.

Frivolous.
[close]
Host
You are the host. Wait, no, I am the host. You just have the role Host. You can convince people to keep playing, but try to not have favourites, that might backfire.
[close]
Player
You are a Player. You should really stop having all those one-night stands, though.
[close]
[close]

1. Olimar12345
2. BlackDragonSlayer
3. NocturneOfShadow
4. E. Gadd Industries
5. Dudeman
6. BrainyLucario
7. Trasdegi
8. mastersuperfan

Night 2 is over. NocturneOfShadow was banned by the TWC. It's now Day 2. Day 2 ends August 25th 2:00AM PST, 3:00AM MST, 4:00AM CST, 5:00AM EST, 11:00AM CET. That's 48 hours from now.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Ok, just saying this to make sure everybody knows:
NOBODY VOTE until we have reached a consensus about who to vote for.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

All right, E. Gadd wanted me to claim publicly. I am the Host, and thus, you can trust me as much as you can him. Night 1 I guarded E. Gadd, as I figured it would be best to play it safe, and last night, I guarded Olimar.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 23, 2017, 06:25:11 PMAll right, E. Gadd wanted me to claim publicly. I am the Host, and thus, you can trust me as much as you can him. Night 1 I guarded E. Gadd, as I figured it would be best to play it safe, and last night, I guarded Olimar.

Ran the odds in the chat earlier and not only does it check out with them, it's more plausible. Log:

Spoiler
[3:36 PM] Trasdegi: So is there anyone to talk?
[3:37 PM] mastersuperfan: I'm alive
[3:37 PM] Trasdegi: So IMO the host really should claim to e.gadd and tell him which people he guarded
[3:38 PM] Trasdegi: Then we will be able to know how many players still have their votes
[3:38 PM] mastersuperfan: Olimar already told the host to claim to E. Gadd last night
[3:38 PM] mastersuperfan: in the NSM server
[3:39 PM] Trasdegi: If the host is dead then we have a problem
[3:39 PM] mastersuperfan: I should hope not
[3:40 PM] Trasdegi: So there can't be two wolves left because in this case they would already have won
[3:40 PM] mastersuperfan: not necessarily
[3:40 PM] Trasdegi: This leaves us with 1 wolf and between 2 and 4 players with votes
[3:40 PM] mastersuperfan: there are 5 people left right
[3:40 PM] mastersuperfan: oh unless you mean
[3:41 PM] mastersuperfan: BTR would've killed someone
[3:41 PM] Trasdegi: But we know than 1 people lost a vote
[3:41 PM] mastersuperfan: today?
[3:41 PM] Trasdegi: No before
[3:41 PM] Trasdegi: Because dudeman wasn't insta
[3:42 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah before
[3:42 PM] mastersuperfan: wait
[3:42 PM] mastersuperfan: do they lose it permanently?
[3:42 PM] Trasdegi: Good question
[3:42 PM] mastersuperfan: damn I think they do
[3:42 PM] mastersuperfan: I didn't think of that
[3:43 PM] Trasdegi: @TyrantNeptune was online 5 minutes ago
[3:43 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah okay you're right then, huh
[3:43 PM] mastersuperfan: if there were two wolves left now...
[3:43 PM] mastersuperfan: then they could just lynch E. Gadd and win, couldn't they?
[3:44 PM] Trasdegi: Mhmm if Inactivity choosed to not rise his vote power this would be 2 against 2
[3:44 PM] Trasdegi: But it's highly unlikely
[3:45 PM] mastersuperfan: if there are two wolves left then we're just screwed, then
[3:45 PM] mastersuperfan: they'd just reveal themselves and go lynch E. Gadd, probably
[3:45 PM] mastersuperfan: unless, like, Noc was the one who lost his vote and BTR acted last night but host guarded or something convoluted like that but that's unlikely
[3:46 PM] Trasdegi: It's why we need to know who was guarded and when
[3:46 PM] mastersuperfan: so assuming that this day goes by without the wolves coming out and winning the game
[3:46 PM] mastersuperfan: maybe we should guess, of those who died, which one was a wolf
[3:47 PM] mastersuperfan: the TWC has the power to revive Brainy or Noc, so this is important
[3:47 PM] Trasdegi: Oh yes if we can be sure than one of them is human we need to revive him
[3:48 PM] mastersuperfan: actually, considering the revive ability
[3:48 PM] mastersuperfan: the wolves still wouldn't reveal themselves today
[3:49 PM] mastersuperfan: actually no nvm
[3:49 PM] mastersuperfan: we'd still be screwed
[3:49 PM] mastersuperfan: because E. Gadd would be the one getting lynched
[3:49 PM] mastersuperfan: let's just hope one of the dead is a wolf
[3:49 PM] mastersuperfan: and go from there
[3:49 PM] Trasdegi: Mmm no we could lynch someone else that would be 3-2
[3:51 PM] Trasdegi: And if dudeman was wolf noc was human and lost his vote and we revived brainy that would even be 4-2
[3:55 PM] Trasdegi: Does bds use discord?
[3:55 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah, he's Golden Silver
[4:02 PM] Trasdegi: Now it's all about reading the tread again and again
[5:38 PM] TyrantNeptune: Loss of votes is indeed permanent.
[6:10 PM] mastersuperfan: wow
[6:10 PM] mastersuperfan: all of a sudden Inactivity is a LOT stronger than I thought
[6:10 PM] mastersuperfan: oh man this is not good
[6:11 PM] Olimar12345: oh hi people
[6:11 PM] Olimar12345: I am online now
[6:12 PM] Olimar12345: egadd, has the host reached out to you yet?
[6:12 PM] Olimar12345: @E. Gadd Industries
[6:12 PM] Olimar12345: first things first, we need to know if you were guarded last night
[6:12 PM] Olimar12345: because if you were then we lose a vote
[6:13 PM] Olimar12345: BUT if you weren't, then we have some great news
[6:14 PM] Olimar12345: 1) you survived a night scott free and bought us some more voting power against inactivity
[6:14 PM] Olimar12345: @TyrantNeptune are blocked wolfings made public
[6:14 PM] mastersuperfan: they are not
[6:14 PM] Olimar12345: dang
[6:15 PM] Olimar12345: well, there's a very good chance that we might have actually killed the wolfing wolf
[6:15 PM] mastersuperfan: that would be a rather huge piece of intel for our side if they were made public
[6:15 PM] mastersuperfan: I hope so
[6:15 PM] Olimar12345: that or they have just chosen to use inactivity over killing
[6:16 PM] Olimar12345: one thing is certain though: if we do not kill both wolves by the end of this phase, @E. Gadd Industries MUST NOT VIGI NEXT NIGHT
[6:16 PM] Olimar12345: We need to revive someone over another blind shot
[6:16 PM] mastersuperfan: host can revive any time
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: it doesn't stop them from killing
[6:17 PM] Olimar12345: oh wait I thought that was the vigi's power
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: oh wait
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: I'm getting confused between host and TWC
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah, that is the vigi's power
[6:17 PM] Olimar12345: yeah
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: screw it I'll just call em vigi and guardian
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: but vigi can do it anytime
[6:17 PM] Olimar12345: wait
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: and it doesn't prevent them from shooting
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: vigi can even do it during a day phase
[6:17 PM] mastersuperfan: revive, that is
[6:18 PM] Olimar12345: @TyrantNeptune can the vigi and revive be used during the same phase?
[6:18 PM] Olimar12345: or must they pick like the wolves?
[6:19 PM] Olimar12345: still, the point is to increase our numbers. It might still be good to only revive if the game comes to it.
[6:21 PM] Olimar12345: but tbh we have a bigger thing to worry about: today
[6:29 PM] Olimar12345: oh shit you know what I just realized: vote-wise, we're pretty fucked
[6:29 PM] mastersuperfan: yeah, I think we kind of are
[6:29 PM] mastersuperfan: especially if host guarded E. Gadd
[6:29 PM] mastersuperfan: which is why Tras and I were saying that if both wolves are still alive then they can just win by outvoting us
[6:30 PM] Olimar12345: worst case scenario:
-Inactive used two inactives, their vote counts as 2
-their two targets are still alive (meaning they cannot vote)
-eggad guarded again (-1 vote)
[6:30 PM] Olimar12345: in this scenario, if everyone votes it'll be 2-1
[6:31 PM] mastersuperfan: Inactivity's vote would count as 2.01 wouldn't it
[6:31 PM] Olimar12345: wolf-human
[6:31 PM] Olimar12345: but the second wolf has to be dead though
[6:31 PM] Olimar12345: well, we wouldn't know that
[6:31 PM] Olimar12345: since the actual count isn't revealed
[6:31 PM] Olimar12345: (I asked last phase)
[6:32 PM] Olimar12345: it sounds like the 0.01 only actually matters in a tie
[6:33 PM] Olimar12345: of course, there's a chance that noc was the one that lost a vote last phase, meaning we have more votes.
[6:33 PM] Olimar12345: but ech we need to think about what we're going to actually do
[6:34 PM] Olimar12345: BDS is correct in holding off votes. I think the less we get the better
[7:48 PM] Golden Silver: We are 100% sure that somebody lost a vote the first night, because Dudeman wasn't insta'd. What we aren't sure of, however, is if a vote was lost tonight.
[8:12 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Yes, the host claimed to me
[8:14 PM] E. Gadd Industries: I believe we have a chance at winning this still. Provided 1 of the wolves are dead, that is. BUT we're treading on eggshells.
[8:15 PM] Olimar12345: So did the host guard you last night?
[8:15 PM] Olimar12345: because if not we still have better chances today
[8:16 PM] E. Gadd Industries: This is correct, I was not guarded
[8:16 PM] Olimar12345: aaaaw yeah
[8:16 PM] mastersuperfan: okay that's good
[8:16 PM] Olimar12345: so we don't lose a vote
[8:17 PM] Olimar12345: 5 players, at least one wolf that has two votes.
[8:17 PM] Olimar12345: and possibly two humans with no votes
[8:18 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Here are my thoughts: I believe Tras is the one we should vote for today. I believe it was Noc & Tras all along
[8:18 PM] Olimar12345: if both human targets are alive, we cannot win the lynch
[8:18 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Even if there's just one wolf?
[8:19 PM] E. Gadd Industries: And besides, if the Host guarded someone targeted by Inactivity, the vote loss is null
[8:19 PM] mastersuperfan: that's an if
[8:19 PM] E. Gadd Industries: ^yes
[8:19 PM] Olimar12345: think about it: if two wolf targets are alive then there are two living players that will have no say in the lynch
[8:20 PM] Olimar12345: meaning that 3 votes will count today
[8:20 PM] Olimar12345: if one is inactivity then they will count for 2
[8:20 PM] Olimar12345: 2.01*
[8:20 PM] Olimar12345: 2.01>2
[8:21 PM] Olimar12345: so hopefully noc was a past target :c
[8:21 PM] Golden Silver: geez, this game is unbalanced
[8:21 PM] Michael: Game is balanced
[8:22 PM] Olimar12345: also @E. Gadd Industries I doubt that they'd target you but eh maybe they tried when I posted to not guard you.
[8:22 PM] Olimar12345: (did I already ask if failed wolfings are made public?)
[8:22 PM] Olimar12345: I can't keep track of all this
[8:22 PM] Golden Silver: They aren't.
[8:25 PM] Olimar12345: @diechael the dead cannot talk
[8:25 PM] Olimar12345: go be dead somewhere else
[8:26 PM] diechael: Yeah I need to make a second account
[8:26 PM] Olimar12345: (its not like you had plenty of time to talk while you were among the living)
[8:26 PM] mastersuperfan: "diechael" omfg
[8:26 PM] Golden Silver: nyeheheh
[8:26 PM] diechael: Was brainys idea I believe
[8:26 PM] E. Gadd Industries: XDDD 10/10
[8:27 PM] Olimar12345: pls move to general you're getting blood all over this chatlog
[8:27 PM] mastersuperfan: lol
[8:27 PM] E. Gadd Industries: So here's why I think it's Tras:
[8:28 PM] diechael: There's actually a deadchat
[8:28 PM] mastersuperfan: oh by the way in the case that Tras dies we need the change the name to Trasdeadi
[8:28 PM] mastersuperfan: or Trasdedi
[8:28 PM] diechael: Trasdeadguy
[8:28 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Noc was pointing fingers at him since N1, which leads me to believe that he knew no one would believe him so he figured it would be safe to do so
[8:29 PM] mastersuperfan: this might be your "tinfoil hat" that Noc was talking about
[8:29 PM] E. Gadd Industries: And plus he "stumbled" upon Dudeman's insta (granted, it wasn't an insta, but either way that points to wolfiness)
[8:29 PM] mastersuperfan: if I understand what Noc meant by that, that is
[8:29 PM] Olimar12345: The only thing that turned my head was his vote on dudeman
[8:29 PM] mastersuperfan: it's kind of a convoluted setup that you think is going on here
[8:29 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Because if he was a wolf he would know that it wouldn't be an insta
[8:29 PM] mastersuperfan: and yeah ^^ what Oli said
[8:30 PM] E. Gadd Industries: And plus, I believe msf is Town & BDS is the Host
[8:30 PM] E. Gadd Industries: So that leaves Olimar & Tras
[8:30 PM] Olimar12345: ...why would you reveal the host...?
[8:31 PM] Golden Silver: i mean
[8:31 PM] mastersuperfan: oh, he just claimed anyways
[8:31 PM] Golden Silver: it doesn't hurt us at this point
[8:31 PM] Olimar12345: well I guess it doesn't matter too much anymore
[8:31 PM] Olimar12345: ninjad
[8:32 PM] Golden Silver: All our information is on the table.
[8:33 PM] Olimar12345: well I'm not sure how much we can trust BDS's claim, since we have several players dead, but if it's legit, then that leaves me trasdegi and msf.
[8:34 PM] mastersuperfan: did E. Gadd reveal previously that the host had claimed to him? I know he did to me privately
[8:34 PM] mastersuperfan: because if so then a counterclaimed would've happened if BDS wasn't legit (and if not, then a counterclaim would probably happen now)
[8:34 PM] Olimar12345: when did BDS claim to you, @E. Gadd Industries ?
kappa1
[8:34 PM] mastersuperfan: a counterclaim*
[8:34 PM] Golden Silver: The first day.
kappa1
[8:35 PM] Olimar12345: @diechael what is this now
[8:35 PM] mastersuperfan: kappa
[8:35 PM] diechael: Kappas for sarcasm
[8:35 PM] diechael: Lighten the mood
[8:35 PM] diechael: Keep it fun
[8:35 PM] mastersuperfan: lol
[8:35 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Can confirm, BDS claimed D1
[8:35 PM] Golden Silver: i kept laughing when people said "host should claim to egadd" because i was like "i'm way ahead of you"
[8:35 PM] Golden Silver: "way, way ahead of you"
kappa1
[8:35 PM] mastersuperfan: lol
[8:36 PM] E. Gadd Industries: XD
[8:38 PM] Olimar12345: huh. I'm still skeptical tbh. I'm not sure how we could really prove that since it was announced in the topic to not claim to egadd
[8:39 PM] mastersuperfan: I think if BDS wasn't the host then it would have been too risky to fake claim to E. Gadd D1
[8:39 PM] E. Gadd Industries: I mean, he still did it XD
Also true^
[8:39 PM] Golden Silver: I didn't claim to him the moment he claimed; I waited until he actually vigi'd somebody.
Sidon1
[8:39 PM] Olimar12345: but there is that @mastersuperfan
[8:40 PM] Olimar12345: @Golden Silver so you waited until the first day phase?
[8:40 PM] Golden Silver: The only time I saw "host don't claim to e. gadd" was when his claim was unconfirmed.
[8:40 PM] Golden Silver: Yes, that's what I said. Day 1.
[8:41 PM] Olimar12345: sry, I though you meant that as a thing for "asap"
[8:41 PM] Olimar12345: so after the first night phase
[8:41 PM] Olimar12345: covering my bases here, but what if brainy was the host
[8:42 PM] Olimar12345: and never counterclaimed
[8:42 PM] Olimar12345: and bds is a wolf
[8:42 PM] Golden Silver: That's incredibly unlikely. Just saying.
[8:42 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Then why am I still alive?
[8:42 PM] Olimar12345: hypothetically speaking here
[8:42 PM] Olimar12345: because not killing you would be the perfect way to make you think he was the host?
[8:42 PM] Olimar12345: idk
[8:43 PM] Golden Silver: Yeah, if I was a wolf, I could have killed E. Gadd without anybody even knowing that I claimed.
[8:43 PM] Olimar12345: yeah that's pretty far fetched
[8:43 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Eh, it's plausible, but so unlikely that I wouldn't consider it
[8:43 PM] Olimar12345: so it seems more likely that you would be the host, @Golden Silver
[8:46 PM] Olimar12345: so we for sure have our human vote spared. The possibility that we have at least one wolf out of the game is pretty good (3/8) .
[8:46 PM] Olimar12345: so, lets say that inactivity is the last wolf, since we have had no wolfing deaths yet
[8:47 PM] Olimar12345: if they used their ability twice, they have 2.01 vote count
mudkip_thinking1
[8:47 PM] Olimar12345: best case scenario is that we have 2.01 - 4, W-H
[8:48 PM] Olimar12345: this assumes that both wolf targets died (brainy, noc or dudeman)
[8:48 PM] E. Gadd Industries: And we have wiggle room to have one still alive
[8:49 PM] Olimar12345: if one target is alive, that leaves it as 2.01 - 3, W-H
[8:49 PM] Olimar12345: and if both are alive, 2.01 - 2 W-H
[8:49 PM] Olimar12345: so there's a 2/3 chance that we still have the majority
kappa1
[8:49 PM] Olimar12345: good odds
[8:49 PM] Olimar12345: we have two solid human candidates, BDS and Egadd
[8:50 PM] Olimar12345: leaving me tras and msf
[8:50 PM] Olimar12345: so theres a 2/3 chance that if we pick the right target, we'll win.
[8:50 PM] Olimar12345: OH WAIT
[8:51 PM] E. Gadd Industries: ?
[8:51 PM] Olimar12345: if we need to: we can bring one person back before the vote happens
[8:51 PM] Olimar12345: but that could be risky
[8:51 PM] E. Gadd Industries: That's true, but we only have 2 candidates & what if one of them was a wolf?
[8:51 PM] mastersuperfan: in case we revive the wolf, huh
[8:51 PM] Olimar12345: eh actually, our odds for the majority are good rn
kappa1
[8:52 PM] E. Gadd Industries: We just NEEEEEED to make sure we all vote on one person
[8:52 PM] Olimar12345: that's something I'm just going to keep forgetting we can do though (revive).
[8:52 PM] Olimar12345: @E. Gadd Industries yes
[8:53 PM] Olimar12345: we have to all vote for the same person for this to work
[8:53 PM] Olimar12345: although, we also have to choose really wisely
[8:54 PM] Olimar12345: as for me, I'm going to bed. I probably won't be online again until tomorrow afternoon because of work, so be thinking
thonk1
[8:54 PM] Olimar12345: and talking
[8:54 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Well, it wouldn't be me or BDS, and a lot of people read msf as human. So I'd say that's safe
[8:55 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Which leaves Olimar & Tras. I've already stated my case there
[8:58 PM] Olimar12345: I'll just reiterate that Tras' only suspicious thing imo was the vote, but it's better than nothing I suppose.
[8:58 PM] Olimar12345: and that was more just weird imo.
[8:59 PM] Olimar12345: but I'll go post the log and call it a night.
[8:59 PM] E. Gadd Industries: Alrighty
[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Ummmm... we don't have much more time to vote for this phase...
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Trasdegi

You're supposed to be the one to put the first vote, E. Gadd. :<

Of note, Trasdegi, if you're a human, it's still in your best interest to vote for yourself, because we can just vigi someone else during the night. If you don't vote for yourself, then there's a chance that E. Gadd could be lynched, and that's not good.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 24, 2017, 05:58:47 PMYou're supposed to be the one to put the first vote, E. Gadd. :<
Oh. RIP oops...

Trasdegi
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trasdegi

Trasdegi seems wolfy to me, so I vote for him