The Werewolf Game: Basic Guide and Official Rules

Started by Nakah, July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bird on January 04, 2013, 06:38:00 PMWhether we should require that games get approval from a TWC before they are posted.
I think we should, because it would at least mean that the submitted games got screened for major issues, and they don't need to edit the game during voting, potentially losing votes due to a faulty mechanic.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 04, 2013, 07:49:26 PMI think we should, because it would at least mean that the submitted games got screened for major issues, and they don't need to edit the game during voting, potentially losing votes due to a faulty mechanic.
I agree, but there still should be a little fine tuning after voting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

There will be, no doubt, but at least some glaring issues will be dealt with before hand.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Wolf

How can I find this sign-up?????
Because I want to do this game!!!!!!!!!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Waddle Bro

You're a bit too late, the game started yesterday.

blueflower999

Quote from: wolf on January 07, 2013, 04:31:24 AMHow can I find this sign-up?????
Because I want to do this game!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry. When we finish this game that we're currently in, we'll make a host sign ups thread in this sub-form to decide what game to play next. After one is decided, a new player signups will be opened.

In other words, you can watch this TWG currently going on until it's over. That might give you some ideas for how to play the following game.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=5214.0
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Wolf

Can you tell me when the next game starts??????

Yugi

We have no Idea. It might take 2 weeks, depending on wether or not wolves make it easy.

Wolf

Yugi

Should we make it a rule that you can't delebratly screw up your team for fun, like boy did last game?

Discuss.

blueflower999

How does one enforce that rule? It's easy to lie to defend yourself.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Maybe if a TWC or a non-important peasant catches wind of it or suspects it, a punishment may happen?

vermilionvermin

That should be covered under the "Be nice and have fun" rule.

TBWCW's instance isn't deliberately hurting his team for fun because he legitimately thought Bubbles was suspicious.  He should have checked with Jub before making the call to vigi her, but that's just bad human play, not deliberately hurting his team.  If he vigi'd Bubbles because he thought she was a human, that would be a different story.  I also think there's something to be said for never wasting a vigi because at some point you're taking a kill away from the wolves and putting it in the hands of a human, which will always have a better chance of hitting a wolf.  If we all looked at the game with that mindset, we'd say that anyone who didn't vigi should be banned!

Bird

All anonymous account rules have been added to the guide under number 15. We sure are getting a lot of rules! Maybe I'll have to simplify them one of these days.

Additionally, I highly suggest looking over the adjusted phantom rules. It's easy to forget, but phantoms and their corresponding rules have been completely changed and are definitely worth relearning how those rules work! I know I totally forgot about them, anyway.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Rule changes/ideas to discuss:
  • 1. Should rules be put in place to limit the amount of time game sign-ups can last? - Just so we're clear, this isn't in response to Maestro's sign-ups. With the current game going on (with another delay probably coming), being able to start on Tuesday is perfectly fine. But what if somebody wins the poll and is busy for two weeks? Or what if somebody wins the poll with a 20 person game, but it's been a week and still not full? How and when should the TWC step in?
  • 2. Should screenshots be allowed? - If you want to allow screenshots, you also have to allow screenshot forgeries, otherwise players have objective evidence for the game. But in doing so, players with photo-editing skills are given an advantage, which seems messed up to some people. Should a ban be placed on screenshots, or should it fall to the host to decide?
  • 3. Phase extension discussion - Phase extensions seem like a good idea in theory, since they give the players more time to decide on things. And when the host proposes one, it's usually very popular among the players. But these extensions make the game harder for the wolves, and it seems pretty obvious that they'll be popular since most of the players in a game are human. So when should they be allowed?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die