Game: Yooka-Laylee
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Moodymaze Marsh
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Evan Lin

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Evanpianomaster

The music here is sheet music from Yooka-Laylee. More specifically, World 3 - Moodymaze Marsh, composed by Grant Kirkhope.

Preview of my sheet music arrangement on my YouTube channel:

YouTube link to the real song:

Evanpianomaster

Trasdegi

First thing, you should check the formatting guidelines. The copyright informations are missing.

Sebastian

Evanpianomaster

After the feedback comes in, I can definitely add the formatting stuff in it as well

Maelstrom

Guess what this is?
A formatting post!
Aside from the guidelines, there are a few more things that desperately need attention.

- Grace notes must be slurred to the nearest note
- Why not use a simile for the LH marks? Also, maybe put a bracket around those 8ths so it's even clearer what it's referring to
- Double barlines for key changes
- Resize everything to 85-90% and/or change the notehead font to maestro. That'll let you fit more measures per system and it won't look like it's spread quite so thin
- Speaking of spacing, the space between systems is really inconsistant. More systems could be on pg3, and there's too much space between the systems.
- Also, one measure systems are strongly discouraged. If you end up with one at the end, move the end bar line up so the system doesn't go over the whole page

Sebastian

Evan and I have been making edits to this one. We're not quite done yet, but will hopefully finish soon.

Sebastian

Just so you guys don't think this submission is dead, we've made changes to this sheet and I sent the final copy to Evan. Currently waiting on his response...

Sebastian

Evan and I made some fixes and edited those changes into the OP.

Latios212

Neat. Just a few small things I'm noticing as I listen along:

- Get rid of the ties in m. 10 and 12. Those are separate notes.
- Could we implement the bass striking on beats 2.5 and 4.5 in m. 10-13?
- Some staccatos on the LH part in m. 14-17 could be nice. Not totally necessary, but for clarity.
- The RH staccatos are a bit high in 18 and 20. Delete the staccatos, and either deselect the note's box using the stem direction tool or delete and re-enter the notes before re-entering the staccatos.

Other than that, looks nice!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot