Trasdegi's arrangements - Updated download link

Started by Trasdegi, August 04, 2017, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasdegi

Trasdegi

One of the most office-sounding music in the world.

----Pokémon Ranger : Shadows of Almia----

"Altru Inc.":
[PDF][MUS][MID][MSCZ][Original][YouTube]

Trasdegi

I somehow forgot to post this last wednessday

----Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp----

"Tutorial":

Trasdegi

Did you notice how much this one is a remix of Altru Inc.?

----Pokémon Ranger : Shadows of Almia----

"Altru Building":

Trasdegi

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to add FLEENTSTONES?!? in this. First time at arranging trailer/intro/cutscene music, too!

----Gyakuten Kenji 2----

"The Grand Turnabout":

Trasdegi

I've wanted to do this one for a long time, and finally decided to get to it! Thanks to olimar & shado for helping me with rythm notation, too.

----Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney----

"After Hours":

Trasdegi

The Deku Trombonist

A couple of formatting things:
-We generally like to have measure numbers at the start of each system. I'm pretty sure Finale does this by default and if not, I'm pretty sure there's an NSM template around here that should have measure numbers included.
-Copyright text is meant to be size 10, not size 8.

And on the arrangement itself:
-I think the last two beats of bar 4 and bar 8 would sound better down an octave. I know in the original the flute comes in, but I think it sounds better down the octave on the piano. This would also make the transition into bar 9 musically stronger. The way you have it currently, the voice leading is somewhat diffused because of the leap back down.

Trasdegi

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 10, 2018, 07:56:57 PMA couple of formatting things:
-We generally like to have measure numbers at the start of each system. I'm pretty sure Finale does this by default and if not, I'm pretty sure there's an NSM template around here that should have measure numbers included.

Sadly, Finale Notepad doesn't add them, and they somehow disappear during MusicXml conversion. I know it's possible to manually add them in the xml file, but I don't want to edit it everytime (I'll do it if I submit it, though.)

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 10, 2018, 07:56:57 PM-Copyright text is meant to be size 10, not size 8.

Uh, I don't know why I have it at 8, maybe some weird MusicXML thing, too.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 10, 2018, 07:56:57 PMAnd on the arrangement itself:
-I think the last two beats of bar 4 and bar 8 would sound better down an octave. I know in the original the flute comes in, but I think it sounds better down the octave on the piano. This would also make the transition into bar 9 musically stronger. The way you have it currently, the voice leading is somewhat diffused because of the leap back down.

Hmm, I tried this when I arranged it, but I thought it sounded better how it is here. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Trasdegi