Series: Other
Game: Sweet Home
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ichirou's Demise
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rwars

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

A word of advice: be sure to post a link to the song you've submitted so everyone's on the same page. I'm happy to do it for you this time, though.

Sebastian

Very well done! You did a very good job with your note accuracy.

There are a few things I'd like to point out:
- Your composer/arranger text is slightly misaligned. To fix this, click text tool > highlight the text handles > Text Window > Alignment > Right.
What you have:

What it should look like:

- You can change the two quarter rests into a half rest (first measure).
- There is really no need for you to have the entire left hand in the third layer. You can go ahead and highlight the entire left hand > Move/copy layers > Check the box that says "Contents into layer 3" and then make the drop down menu say "Layer 1."
- This piece is, in fact, in G# Minor. You can easily fix that by using the Key Signature tool to change the key of the song; however, this will cause another problem-- courtesy accidentals. Places like M. 3; beat one, (right hand G) you can put a courtesy natural there.
- There is a very simple way you can fit your arrangement onto one page. You can use the Resize Tool to shrink the page to 90% and the use the Page Layout Tool to narrow the left margin. This will give you a very nice look without it looking cramped.
- I know this is really nitpicky, but don't forget to put the "/" at the end of the url. :P
Like this: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/
- M. 8: Flip the notes in the second layer so they aren't clashing with layer one. You can highlight them and then press the "L" key.
- You can put a repeat at the end of the last measure so it repeats back to the beginning.
- The second note in layer 2 of M. 19 should be a B, not A#.

So, I hope I didn't overload you with all this information. :P
Overall, you did an excellent job with this arrangement! I only spotted one wrong note which is very, very good, especially for new arrangers like yourself. : )

To make this less confusing, here is a file with all the above changes. I hope this will be a visual help to you.
Ichirou's Demise .mus file

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions at all. : )
Great job once again!

Rwars

And now it is all fixed. Anything else I may need to change?

Static

This looks excellent! Just a few accidental issues:

m3 beat 4 RH: Because of the concurrent F# and Fx in m3 beat 4, you'll want to put a courtesy F# for the top one to make it a little more clear.
m6 beat 2.5 RH: The E# courtesy accidental here is redundant because of the E# a beat earlier.
m15 beat 3 LH: The Gn here should be an Fx.
m16 beat 3 LH: The Fn here should be an E#.
m19 beat 1 LH: A courtesy D# would be nice here because of the Dn in m18.
m20 beat 1 RH: The Gn here should be an Fx.

mastersuperfan

Might I suggest also flipping the Layer 2 quarter note on beat 4 of m7 and the Layer 2 half note in m8?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 04, 2017, 08:04:57 PMMight I suggest also flipping the Layer 2 quarter note on beat 4 of m7 and the Layer 2 half note in m8?
I purposely flipped them to how they are so that aren't clashing with the G# in M. 8.

mastersuperfan

No, this doesn't clash them with the Layer 1 notes. This helps to distinguish the two layers from each other.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeila

It looks great, but there are a few more (optional) things you can do to spruce it up a bit

- Spread the systems evenly to fit the page
- Center the dynamic marking
- You could even out the space between the measures by highlighting everything, going to edit measure attributes, and checking the change width box under Display
- Since you added courtesy accidentals elsewhere, you could add one on the G# in m18

Quote from: Static on August 04, 2017, 07:54:14 PMm6 beat 2.5 RH: The E# courtesy accidental here is redundant because of the E# a beat earlier.
I noticed you didn't fix this, so in order to do so, you can go to the special tools tab (either go to Window -> Advanced Tools Palette and click on it there, or Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Special Tools) and select the Accidental Mover Tool. Then just click the accidental and select any other blank space for the alternate character. Idk if there's another way, but if you want, you could look up some shortcuts or other features and see if you find anything useful. In order to fix the spacing, select any note in the measure

Cool stuff, and welcome to NSM!

Sebastian

Sebastian

Forgive the double post.

Quote from: Zeila on August 05, 2017, 12:15:25 AMIt looks great, but there are a few more (optional) things you can do to spruce it up a bit

- Spread the systems evenly to fit the page
- Center the dynamic marking
- You could even out the space between the measures by highlighting everything, going to edit measure attributes, and checking the change width box under Display
- Since you added courtesy accidentals elsewhere, you could add one on the G# in m18
I noticed you didn't fix this, so in order to do so, you can go to the special tools tab (either go to Window -> Advanced Tools Palette and click on it there, or Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Special Tools) and select the Accidental Mover Tool. Then just click the accidental and select any other blank space for the alternate character. Idk if there's another way, but if you want, you could look up some shortcuts or other features and see if you find anything useful. In order to fix the spacing, select any note in the measure

Cool stuff, and welcome to NSM!
@Rwars: Once you get this stuff fixed, it'll be ready to go.
@Zeila: One thing I have a gripe with is this:
Quote from: Zeila on August 05, 2017, 12:15:25 AM- Spread the systems evenly to fit the page
Yes, there are 5 measures per system, but the systems aren't all equally the same, so I'd leave the spacing as is. I'd say leave this one up to Rwars.

Static

Quote from: Zeila on August 05, 2017, 12:15:25 AMI noticed you didn't fix this, so in order to do so, you can go to the special tools tab (either go to Window -> Advanced Tools Palette and click on it there, or Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Special Tools) and select the Accidental Mover Tool. Then just click the accidental and select any other blank space for the alternate character. Idk if there's another way, but if you want, you could look up some shortcuts or other features and see if you find anything useful. In order to fix the spacing, select any note in the measure

An easy way I do this is to use the Speedy Entry Tool, select the note, and press "*", but that works too.

Rwars

Quote from: Sebastian on August 05, 2017, 05:18:20 AMForgive the double post.
@Rwars: Once you get this stuff fixed, it'll be ready to go.
@Zeila: One thing I have a gripe with is this: Yes, there are 5 measures per system, but the systems aren't all equally the same, so I'd leave the spacing as is. I'd say leave this one up to Rwars.
I chose to leave the systems stuff unchanged, but everything else should now be fixed.

Sebastian