News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The NSM Ultimate Ranking Topic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 03, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

when Mario cleans the goop off you

JUST
RIGHT
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

New sig right there
EDIT, nvm too many characters
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

QuoteI might as well rank the GB titles by their soundtracks now.

1. (Best) IV
2. Dr. Wily's Revenge
3. II
4. V
5. III

I might as well revise my older list and specify some more.

Almost Everything
Soundtracks in General

1. (Best) IV
2. Dr. Wily's Revenge
3. V (Wah had a point)
4. II (V deserves that spot up there)
5. III

Title Screen Themes:

1. IV
2. III
3. II
4. Dr. Wily's Revenge
5. V

Password Themes:

1. Dr. Wily's Revenge
2. II
3. V
4. IV
5. III

Stage Select Themes:

1. V
2. Dr. Wily's Revenge
3. IV
4. Dr. Wily's Revenge (Prototype)
5. II
6. III (Mainly due to its lack of originality)

Stage Start Themes:

1. IV
2. V
3. Dr. Wily's Revenge
4. III (Unoriginal, but better than these down here)
5. II
6. Dr. Wily's Revenge (Prototype)

Stage Clear Themes:

1. IV
2. V
3. Dr. Wily's Revenge
4. III (Still better than II's)
5. II

Get a Weapon Themes:

1. III
2. V
3. Dr. Wily's Revenge
4. IV
5. II (It's ok, but too influenced by 3's)

Game Over Themes (III - V Only)

1. III (They made us hear this one a lot)
2. IV
3. V

Final Boss Victory Themes (III - V Only)

1. V
2. III
3. IV

Ending Themes

1. V
2. IV
3. Dr. Wily's Revenge (Possible Prototype Ending?)
4. Dr. Wily's Revenge
5. III
6. II
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

blueflower999

The stage themes from V are really weird but really catchy for some reason.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dudeman

I still don't understand how on earth you can put II above III overall. We shouldn't be judging potential here, we should be judging what was actually programmed into the games, and II is physically painful.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

blueflower999

In fairness III has some physically painful parts too. II is just easy. III had parts that made me want to kill myself.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

LeviR.star

III is severely lacking in original tunes; II's music was an octave too high most of the time, but the composer tried his darnedest to capture the essence of both 2 & 3's music, and he did a pretty good job, imo.

III is still a better game overall, I will agree.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 15, 2017, 10:34:25 AMIn fairness III has some physically painful parts too. II is just easy. III had parts that made me want to kill myself.
I was talking about the soundtrack :P

WaluigiTime64

Well regardless of which one's better between the two, they're still miles below IV and V's soundtrack.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BlackDragonSlayer

Pixar Movies, Ranked

Fantastic:
WALL-E (2008): do i even need to explain; it's beautiful and a work of art
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Coco (2017): Basically what Inside Out should've been.
The Incredibles (2004)
Up (2009): The best opening and by far one of the best Pixar villains. Essentially a story about a man who never fully got to live the life he wanted to live helping others be happy... how could you not love it?
Ratatouille (2007)
Toy Story (1995)
Toy Story 4 (2019)

Great:
Finding Nemo (2003)
Monsters, Inc. (2001)
Onward (2020): The trailers don't really do it justice. I like the setting, and it hits all the emotional beats you expect from a Pixar movie.
Luca (2021): Very charming and simple film. Doesn't do anything flashy or particularly complex, but that's not a bad thing. :3
Toy Story 2 (1999)
Soul (2020): Very good overall, but some plot elements feel a bit contrived, especially everything related to "the zone" and Moonwind.
Incredibles 2 (2018)

Good:
Inside Out (2015)
Finding Dory (2016)
Monsters University (2013)
Cars 3 (2017): Definitely the best of the Cars movies, because it has a decent plot and a fair amount of emotional investment. Also probably the funniest. The first 15 minutes of the film is actually really amazing.

Okay:
Brave (2012): Doesn't really seem like a Pixar film; it's fairly forgettable at times but it's pretty good overall.
The Good Dinosaur (2015): It's pretty much just a cowboy film with dinosaurs, which is, uh, something, but aside from that the film isn't really too compelling.
Cars 2 (2011): I like this one better than the first because of how out-there and unexpected it is. Cars is just kind of bland, but it's hard to hate a spy movie with cars.

Meh:
Cars (2006): It's ok, I guess, but it's not really compelling in any way.
A Bug's Life (1998): Nothing about this film does anything for me.

Haven't Seen

Will add more commentary and stuff eventually.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

LeviR.star

BDS, I didn't have a list made already, but I must say that we have very similar opinions, because I wouldn't really change this list.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 19, 2018, 08:37:02 AMI asked Jimmy John's to write a joke on the bag for delivery. They just wrote "Subway".
that's bold talk for somewhere with such mediocre sandwiches

Firehouse Subs > Jersey Mike's > Togo's > Which Wich > Subway > Jimmy John's > Quiznos

Firehouse Subs is A+, Subway is good, and Quiznos is bleh.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Why does the good dinosaur get such a bad rap/fly under the radar? It's a freaking fantastic movie
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

WaluigiTime64

For me it was darkness-induced audience apathy. Arlo was beaten up so hard I kinda detached myself from him and the movie as a whole.

Also I can't really describe this (because it's been ages since I've seen it), but it felt like something was missing in it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.