News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The NSM Ultimate Ranking Topic

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 03, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 14, 2017, 10:40:31 AMBecause the Mario kart ds games were the worst of the entire series

Says the one who never played it. MKDS was actually really good (worlds better than Super Circuit).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AMSays the one who never played it. MKDS was actually really good (worlds better than Super Circuit).

Never played it, you say?

I love bringing this out
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ThatHiddenCharacter

Wooooooow, that's soooo hi-technicaaaaaaaal. I need to post that on Digibutter.nerr. The guys are gonna freak!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2017, 11:02:22 AM1. 8
2. Every other Mario Kart

If 8 includes its Deluxe version, then I agree.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

They're the same game so ya

Deluxe is a little bit better but not enough to count it as a separate game

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2017, 11:25:43 AMThey're the same game so ya

Deluxe is a little bit better but not enough to count it as a separate game

Right. So, in that sense, we can't say that 8 as a whole has the worst battle mode.

Olimar12345

Deluxe is better than 8. It actually has battle mode.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 14, 2017, 11:27:22 AMDeluxe is better than 8. It actually has battle mode.

Exactly. Which makes it the best Mario Kart title.

Dekkadeci

My gameplay rankings of Mario Kart games I've actually played at least twice (I think I've played Mario Kart 7 once on my older sister's 3DS and Mario Kart Super Circuit once on my cousin's GBA):
  • Mario Kart Double Dash: I actually got decent at this game, the music's great, the two-racers-per-kart idea never gets old...
  • Mario Kart DS: I managed to unlock everything, which is pretty sweet, but the fact that I only played it with the sound on about half the time makes the music a lot less memorable for me.
  • Mario Kart 64: The controls were always too swingy for me, I don't think I ever beat 50cc Star Cup or 150cc Mushroom Cup...trying to play it later in the dentist's waiting room with semi-broken controllers didn't help.

WaluigiTime64

Mario Karts:
 - Wii.
 - Any Mario Kart that allows you to honk your horn manually.
 - Everything else.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 14, 2017, 01:05:08 PMMario Karts:
 - Wii.
 - Any Mario Kart that allows you to honk your horn manually.
 - Everything else.

Wii's my second favorite. While this has nothing to do with why it's the second best, it's my first Mario Kart.

Trainer Ave

My top 20 favorite tracks from Pokemon Diamond Pearl and Platinum
  • Battle (Champion Cynthia)
  • Game Corner
  • Route 209
  • Battle (Giratina)
  • Stark Mountain
  • Route 225
  • Canalave City
  • Sunyshore City
  • Capture the Flag
  • Come Along
  • Battle (Arceus)
  • Team Galactic HQ
  • Hearthome City
  • Battle (Cyrus)
  • Eterna City
  • Route 201
  • Sandgem Town
  • Oreburgh City
  • Old Chateau
  • Champion Cynthia's Encounter Theme
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BlackDragonSlayer

Sonic Mania Zones (ranked by level design, theme, music, and bosses as factors):

GREAT:
Chemical Plant Zone: The only slight against this stage is that they didn't use this as a chance to eliminate the worst aspects of the original (i.e. drowning in purple water), but otherwise, still a great stage, and Act 2 is brilliant as well.
Studiopolis Zone: only complaint is no slot machines... and the first zone's boss is meh

GOOD:
Oil Ocean Zone: Another surprising inclusion, but a welcome one nonetheless. It's slightly more bearable than in the original, especially because the second act really mixes it up, and speaking of which, the ABSOLUTE BEST part of this stage was running into a fire shield and saying, "Wait... Flame Shield in a stage filled with oil? Can you... YES, YES! YOU CAN!" its brilliant
also when the second act's boss popped its "head" out of the oil
that was great too
Metallic Madness Zone: A pretty good stage made all the better by a clever little gimmick. The Act 2 boss is bloody BRILLIANT, to boot.
Green Hill Zone: Nothing wrong here; great introduction stage, and pretty simple, but effective overall. Also a fitting first zone for Sonic's (true) revival.
Mirage Saloon Zone: Making the first act this game's version of Sky Chase Zone (in this game's version of Dust Hill Zone, nonetheless!) was pretty clever, and I don't have any bad things to say about this stage overall. Also a plus is that it seems like it's harder to accidentally kill yourself in the sky part of the level. I only did once, but then again, I was purposefully messing around to test its limits (and that took quite a while to accomplish!)
Press Garden Zone: Pretty good stage. The ice gimmick was rather interesting, but I can't help but feel something more could have been added to make it more interesting to explore. Maybe I just failed at exploration. I dunno. Exploration doesn't really feel as "accessible" in this stage as in other, older stages.

OKAY:
Titanic Monarch Zone: Pretty good for a final stage (suitable in length, at least), but certain parts of it can be downright frustrating to play, especially as Super Sonic, which... should not be a thing. It's SUPER Sonic for a reason.
Lava Reef Zone: Seriously, why did they have to pick all the worst stages from Sonic 3 & Knuckles? I mean, it's not absolutely terrible in this game, but I don't doubt that there were better stages that could have been picked. Granted, I'm not really as much a fan of Sonic 3's zones as I am of Sonic 2's, but I probably would have picked (a better) Hydrocity Zone (with influence taken from Aquatic Ruin Zone, most notably that fact that you can easily avoid being anywhere near the water), Marble Garden instead of Flying Battery Zone, and IceCap Zone instead of Lava Reef Zone. And probably make Stardust Speedway a mashup with another zone, like Star Light Zone or something. But I suppose having to pick around the new stages with conflicting themes was a thing.
Stardust Speedway: Take away Sonic CD's time travel mechanic, and you take away a lot of what was good about the stage, and what's left over is "okay" level design that's a bit unfun to navigate and surprisingly slow speed for a level with "Speed" in its name. The aesthetics and new mechanics added to the stage are pretty interesting, though.

BAD:
Hydrocity Zone: more like... ATROCITY ZONE! *snicker snicker* The best part of this is that they added boats and stuff and the Act 1 boss. Everything else is bad. nobody likes water levels like this
Flying Battery Zone: Probably the most broken zone overall. Wasn't fun in the original, but I'm pretty sure they made it worse in this one. How many times can I get caught in the walls as Knuckles? The world may never know! Too much instakill stuff.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

For my next magic trick, I'll incite major arguments by providing the best 2D Super Mario Bros. games with no context

1. New Super Mario Bros. U
2. New Super Luigi U
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. New Super Mario Bros.
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
6. Super Mario World
7. Super Mario Bros. 2
8. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
9. Super Mario Bros.
10. New Super Mario Bros. 2