Series: Other
Game: Splatoon 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Now or Never!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tangy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tangy

Hey, thanks LeviR.star for the formatting feedback. Honestly I figured I'd just wait for some critique on the arrangement before tackling the formatting errors and I must have totally forgotten. Then playing Splatoon 2 this weekend I had a "huh, I totally arranged this for piano, didn't I...?" moment. Anyways, here is submission attempt #2!

Zeila

Not bad, but it still requires quite a bit of work

Formatting:
- Personally, I would lower all of the systems and move the composer/arranger info down a little (if you're able to)
- Maybe you should specify that it plays during the last minute remaining
- You should generally show beat 3 in 4/4 instead of having dotted quarter notes that go past it (also in m15 put the eighth note before the half note); to add onto that, in spots like m11, the quarter note really sounds like an eighth note anyways
- Add some slurs to the grace notes

Note stuff:
- You could add a lower B in m2 b4
- m3/4 are thirds, not fifths. And the C should be natural instead of sharp
- Check the bassline again for incorrect notes/rhythms. For example, m6 b3.5 (and others) should be an Eb, and it should be a quarter and eighth note instead of a single dotted quarter note; Also, consider lowering it down an octave for everything but the power chords (or even including those)
- There are some notes that would benefit from adding staccatos (like m23 beat 1 in LH)
- Put the guitar part from m20-21 in the RH and write out the bass part for the LH
- Raise m22-23 up an octave (LH), or just add an octave above it altogether since both the guitar and bass are playing; Also the chord is wrong (it should be F-A-C and maybe another F on top)
- I think you can just put a 6/4 measure instead of 2/4 and 4/4; also, both the RH and LH parts have errors in that section
- It makes much more sense to put a rit. on beat 3 of the penultimate measure and have the last note on beat 1 instead of beat 1.25

Just listen through it again and make note of the articulation, and note lengths too

Tangy

Thanks so much for the feedback. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but we've definitely made progress. Apologies if I misunderstood anything, my music theory is rusty at best:

Formatting:
- Personally, I would lower all of the systems and move the composer/arranger info down a little (if you're able to) Does this look ok? I agree it was crowded before.
- Maybe you should specify that it plays during the last minute remaining I added a subtitle under the title and above the game name. (Alternatively, that could make a cute tempo mark.)
- You should generally show beat 3 in 4/4 instead of having dotted quarter notes that go past it (also in m15 put the eighth note before the half note); Okay I gotcha, changed it. to add onto that, in spots like m11, the quarter note really sounds like an eighth note anyways You're right, I fixed this
- Add some slurs to the grace notes Okay, done. After messing around with the arrangement on an actual piano, I changed the grace notes to G-D-G; liked the sound of that better to represent the effect

Note stuff:
- You could add a lower B in m2 b4 Oh yeah, I can hear that now. Added
- m3/4 are thirds, not fifths. Ok, changed this And the C should be natural instead of sharp This goes away with it being thirds anyways
- Check the bassline again for incorrect notes/rhythms. I listened to the best of my ability but I'm really bad at hearing the base line. I changed m. 18-19 to F and G respectively, I definitely hear something different there. For example, m6 b3.5 (and others) should be an Eb, and it should be a quarter and eighth note instead of a single dotted quarter note; Okay, I changed this Also, consider lowering it down an octave for everything but the power chords (or even including those) Yeah, that Eb sounds better down an octave for sure.
- There are some notes that would benefit from adding staccatos (like m23 beat 1 in LH) I listened again and added staccatos and slurs where I heard them
- Put the guitar part from m20-21 in the RH and write out the bass part for the LH I uh... I tried and I'm sorry for what came out. Similarly edited m. 16-17. I tried listening to remixes and such as well and I can hear an F... but it just sounds wrong on piano? idk? If anyone could help with this I'd really appreciate it!!
- Raise m22-23 up an octave (LH), or just add an octave above it altogether since both the guitar and bass are playing; Did the latter Also the chord is wrong (it should be F-A-C and maybe another F on top) Okay, I think
- I think you can just put a 6/4 measure instead of 2/4 and 4/4; also, both the RH and LH parts have errors in that section Alright – could you elaborate on errors? I spent honestly so long on that section and in the end didn't think I quite got it
- It makes much more sense to put a rit. on beat 3 of the penultimate measure and have the last note on beat 1 instead of beat 1.25 I tried, looked weird, sounded weird. I replaced with a triplet – does that make sense...?

As a side note, I updated the YouTube link with better audio.

Olimar12345

Good work so far! I noticed that when I opened the file it said that the 2010 version of finale was used to create it, so sadly I'm not sure if the edited version of this will be view-able to you unless you happen to also have a 2012 product (notepad is free if you just want to view it!).

A few things though:
-I disagree with Zeila about the second subtitle. Simply putting "Now or Never" is fine since that's it's official title.
-The general alignment of your text boxes tends to be off. You can manually align your text boxes with the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl Shift ' for center and Ctrl Shift ] for right (switch out the] for a [ for left, should you ever need to).
-As a general rule of thumb, try to avoid using the 8va/vb lines between the staves. In the instances where you did use them, I'd recommend simply putting these parts in the upper-most layer in the LH then specify which hand you would like to play it in.
-At the beginning, I'd recommend that you add in the guitar chords (the two eighth notes at the beginning of measures one and three). Open fifths would be appropriate, methinks.
-Again at the beginning, I think it would be totally cool if you would consider adding those displaced octaves in the RH.
-The F in measure 3 should be an F#
-The second quarter note in measure 15 and 19 (RH) needs to be split into two eighth notes to show the division at the center of the bar (normal to do in 4/4).
-The bass line from 5-13 is fantastic, with the only change needed being the last note in measures 6, 8, and 10 (and again in 26, 28 and 30 when it reoccurs) needing to be separated from the last half-beat (the same note re-articulates on the up beat of four in those bars).
-I would add the thirds in the RH of measure 36-37 (just like the intro)
-Add a C to B (C in the first chord, B in the second) in the chords at 9, 10, 11, and 32, above the chords you have right now.
-I would recommend making the section that starts at measure 14 forte.
-The lower G at the end of measure 14 (LH) should be a C above that.
-The upper layer in the LH measure 15 should go down to the A, not up. Then it should re-articulate the D on beat four.
-The LH in 14-24 was actually quite...unique (lol) I just ended up changing it entirely, so check it out below.
-I actually disagree with Zeila on the 6/4 measure, since that would imply that the beats would be divided into two groupings of 3 quarter notes, when it is really just an added two beats at the end. I changed it back to 4/4 + 2/4.
-The LH chord in measure 34 is incorrect, and the second to last quarter note should be an eighth note in duration.

Below is a file with the above changes (and possibly more that I forgot to type about). If you would like me to, I can swap out the files in the OP with these to help quicken it's acceptance.

[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tangy

Thank you so much for your help, Olimar, that looks and sounds fantastic. ^_^ No, I cannot open it with finale, but I can see the PDF. Please do go ahead and replace these in the OP.

Olimar12345

The files have been updated. Great work on this one again!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Sebastian.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot