News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NDS] Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - "Troupe Gramarye" by mastersuperfan

Started by Zeta, July 22, 2017, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Troupe Gramarye
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan

something something not enough AA sheets on site something

Sporadic key changes are kind of a mess here, unsure whether to notate them out or not
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Onionleaf

Heey, I just completed this court case yesterday (it was magical!) :D

From a quick glance, the following thoughts came to mind:
• Wouldn't it make sense for the chords in the first measure to have the same dissonance as those in the following two measures?
• On the first beat of every measure beginning from m4 a chord can be heard - perhaps this part could be included in the LH?
• In m19, the 3rd and 4th beats in the RH: I can hear the chord repeated 4 times with the following rhythm: 16th - 8th - dotted 8th - 8th
• m25, the last two eight notes of the melody have the stems facing down, thus making it difficult to notice that this is the melody line. It should be possible to swap the stems around without the notes clashing.

That is all! *swoops her cloak and leaves the thread through the door. Normally.*

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AMHeey, I just completed this court case yesterday (it was magical!) :D

Eyyy, fellow Ace Attorney fan! Thanks for looking at my sheet! ^.^

In response to some of your comments:

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AM• Wouldn't it make sense for the chords in the first measure to have the same dissonance as those in the following two measures?

It would, wouldn't it? Except the original song itself doesn't make quite as much sense...

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AM• On the first beat of every measure beginning from m4 a chord can be heard - perhaps this part could be included in the LH?

The chord's both dissonant and soft; I feel like it wouldn't sound very good in such a low register. I played around with including it in the right hand, but it felt too abrupt and inconsistent at times. I might test it out some more later, but I'm doubtful that it would work.

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AM• In m19, the 3rd and 4th beats in the RH: I can hear the chord repeated 4 times with the following rhythm: 16th - 8th - dotted 8th - 8th

Added! (I originally thought that was only the drumbeat but upon a closer listening it seems that you are indeed correct.)

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AM• m25, the last two eight notes of the melody have the stems facing down, thus making it difficult to notice that this is the melody line. It should be possible to swap the stems around without the notes clashing.

I don't think there's a way around this; I've had to do this before in a previous sheet. Anyone who plays this sheet would likely recognize that the lower eighths are the melody there and adjust their voicing accordingly. If you happen to know of a better solution, though, then by all means I'd like to hear it!

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 26, 2017, 02:25:08 AMThat is all! *swoops her cloak and leaves the thread through the door. Normally.*

(...Using the door like an average muggle, no less.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Onionleaf

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 26, 2017, 03:00:34 PMIt would, wouldn't it? Except the original song itself doesn't make quite as much sense...

The chord's both dissonant and soft; I feel like it wouldn't sound very good in such a low register. I played around with including it in the right hand, but it felt too abrupt and inconsistent at times. I might test it out some more later, but I'm doubtful that it would work.

Oh of course, those are certainly valid points. :)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 26, 2017, 03:00:34 PM(...Using the door like an average muggle, no less.)

*giggles*

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

mastersuperfan

WHAT

O.O

EDIT: I just tried replacing the files. It doesn't appear to have worked...