[NES] Yoshi's Cookie - "1P Music Type C" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, July 16, 2017, 02:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: JacopoTore on July 31, 2017, 04:26:59 AMWhat is Treble? If you can translate in Italian I thank you, you did with my name I think it isn't a problem for you
Looking around the Italian Wikipedia page, the treble clef is the violino clef, being used with the chiave di sol (English - G clef) on the second line. Either way, it's the top staff on the piano.

Quotealso in the Italian Wikipedia  page https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi%27s_Cookie I see Blue Planet Software, are you sure that it isn't correct?
Blue Planet Software was apparently founded as Bullet-Proof Software, so they're the same company. The English Wikipedia page for Yoshi's Cookie has Bullet-Proof as the developer. I'm not sure what the NSM policy is about companies that change names, so you should wait until an updater comes by to clear things up. Other than that, the publication information looks pretty good.

I also have a couple miscellaneous suggestions -
 - I also agree with Levi about removing the 8va marking. It sounds a bit too high with it.
 - It may just be me, but I hear the harmony in m2, 4 as two separate voices. I'd suggest splitting these measures into two voices.
Here's measure 2 -
[close]

Note: I was ninja'd by Sebastian; this was relevant when JacopoTore last posted.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

JacopoTore

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on July 31, 2017, 06:43:08 AMLooking around the Italian Wikipedia page, the treble clef is the violino clef, being used with the chiave di sol (English - G clef) on the second line. Either way, it's the top staff on the piano.
Blue Planet Software was apparently founded as Bullet-Proof Software, so they're the same company. The English Wikipedia page for Yoshi's Cookie has Bullet-Proof as the developer. I'm not sure what the NSM policy is about companies that change names, so you should wait until an updater comes by to clear things up. Other than that, the publication information looks pretty good.

I also have a couple miscellaneous suggestions -
 - I also agree with Levi about removing the 8va marking. It sounds a bit too high with it.
 - It may just be me, but I hear the harmony in m2, 4 as two separate voices. I'd suggest splitting these measures into two voices.
Here's measure 2 -
[close]

Note: I was ninja'd by Sebastian; this was relevant when JacopoTore last posted.

Ok I did it

Altissimo

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on July 31, 2017, 06:43:08 AMI'm not sure what the NSM policy is about companies that change names, so you should wait until an updater comes by to clear things up.

Prolly the name that was used when the game came out.

Latios212

Quote from: Altissimo on July 31, 2017, 12:33:03 PMProlly the name that was used when the game came out.
yes - whatever the game credits.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 21, 2017, 04:13:45 PMJacob, for now, don't worry about bumping. Everyone just submitted their arrangements, and it will take the updaters a long time to get through all of them. You're lucky you got any feedback at all this early.

Give it a rest. They'll get to you eventually, but to me, it looks pretty good right now. If a month has passed without feedback here, and plenty of other submissions have been accepted, and it looks like an update may be nigh, I'd say it's ok to bump.

Look, Jacob, the updaters haven't even gotten to most of the arrangers in submissions yet. Trust me; you'll get your chance.

Let's solve the copyright problem:

You cannot view this attachment.

Make it look like this; it'll look much better.

Fix that, and I think you'll be good, unless you want those slurs and staccatos I suggested.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

It's called a nickname, Mael. I figured that if anyone should be here in this topic, they'd actually be trying to help. If none of you are going to give this guy some actual feedback, then there's no point in being here.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 29, 2017, 08:07:29 PMIt's because it's not "Jacob" it's "Jacopo" and it's really not hard to just say "Jacopo" so there really isn't a reason to be calling him "Jacob".

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Whooooaaaa, BEN. WE'VE MISSED YOU.

In all seriousness, Jacob Jacopo, if Ben's revision is chill with you, consider this sheet accepted.

LeviR.star

Wow, that's awesome, Ben! I think this revision should be the last one needed.

Sebastian

@Jacopo: Ben wasn't expecting you to put his name in there. You can just leave yours there alone. Our job as Updaters is to help with sheets and we don't expect our names to be edited in.

JacopoTore

Ok I understand it, thanks for your explanation!
Is a problem for you, Ben, if I put your name to?

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on August 12, 2017, 09:11:40 AM@Jacopo: Ben wasn't expecting you to put his name in there. You can just leave yours there alone. Our job as Updaters is to help with sheets and we don't expect our names to be edited in.

Submission fixed (without Ben's name). We ready to go now.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle