News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PS1] Spyro: Year of the Dragon - "Midnight Mountain Home" by Pianoj10

Started by Zeta, July 06, 2017, 09:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Console: PlayStation
Title: Midnight Mountain Home
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianoj10

Yug_Guy

Hi! Welcome to NinSheetMusic! First things first: be sure to provide a Youtube link to the original song when you submit a piece so we all have a reference to work with. I'll be nice and post it here for you:

I haven't gone and checked the accuracy of your notes, but I will offer these suggestions in the meantime:

• From the key change onward, you've omitted the bass part entirely. I think it would sound a lot better & a bit more cohesive if you included it. You can always fiddle around with the melody by moving it up an octave, or putting it in the R.H., or messing with the accompanying organ, etc. etc.
  • In (what initially seems to be) some of the drum breaks, you can actually hear the bass. It's a bit quiet, but it's there. You should definitely add it if you can.
  • Speaking of which, be sure you have the bass transcribed as accurately as you can. I can hear one or two places where it isn't. Example: in m.18, beats 3.5 & 4.5 sound like they should be an octave higher (though, be sure to actually check, since I can't tell just by ear)
  • Also, maybe add staccatos to notes in the bass part?
  • In m.1 & 2, any particular reason you have the L.H. playing octaves? Considering it's not how the original goes.
  • You need to add a double barline for the key change.
  • Add a dynamic marking to the beginning. mf would work just fine here.
  • Composer should be Stewart Copeland & Ryan Beveridge (unless you can show me an original source that says otherwise)
  • Likewise, the publisher should be "Sony Computer Entertainment, Universal Interactive Studios © 2000"
  • You are missing the title of the song at the top of the second page. (See: Second+ Pages)
  • The first system needs to be indented.
If you need help with any of the formatting (because it's pretty obvious you're not a native Finale user), ask for help in this thread and we'll be sure to help you out.

Otherwise, you've got a pretty good start!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Archiving. Feel free to resubmit with changes implemented (correct formatting, etc. as Yug Guy directed you towards) if you come back.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle