News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - "Slipsand Galaxy" by AmpharosAndy & ThatHiddenCharacter

Started by Zeta, July 14, 2017, 04:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Slipsand Galaxy
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: AmpharosAndy & ThatHiddenCharacter

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Ooh, this is so nostalgic it gives me chills... this was one of my first Mario games to own, y'know.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ThatHiddenCharacter

Oh cool, this is submitted now. It was fun to make, and is a pretty good song. Looking forward to feedback.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

Pretty solid sheet! A few suggestions:
  • It's not clear to me how one should go about playing those chords in m3 and m5, since obviously one's hands aren't big enough to hold those chords all at once. The way I see it, either you use the pedal or you let go of the highest notes, and I think it'd be better to notate the way you want it to be played here. I'm leaning towards the latter idea, since I don't think the pedal would work very well with a low bass like this (especially in m5), but play around with it a bit yourself and see what you think.
  • Those polyrhythms in m14-15 and m18-19... I would suggest getting rid of the triplets in the higher voice and changing the rhythm to be the same as that of the lower voice. Sure, it's not quite accurate, but I know that if I were ever to attempt this sheet I wouldn't even try to play those the way they're written out right now. I think that would make it both clearer and better-sounding on a piano.
  • On a related note, I'm pretty sure the last beat of m17 is just a dotted eighth + sixteenth.
Other than that, though, it seems like a good arrangement! Though I didn't check the notes specifically, I don't hear anything incorrect or out of place.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

After some discussion on Discord, a few things (particularly in the middle section) have been changed a lot for playability. All the things msf pointed out were addressed, as well as minor appearance/aesthetic changes.

Excellent work!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta