please allow submitions without the need of uploading has .mus

Started by A_creator, July 05, 2017, 08:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_creator

i can and have the ressorces to submit a lot of musics but just because i cand afford to pay for finale, and dont want to use a pirate version nor be restricted to 30 days of free use, i cant upload the files... can upload in any format from pdf, musescore files, midi, wav, ogg, etc... just not mus...

please add the option of uploading files without the need of paid software, and have it on a separate topic for people that do have the software to convert/ export in mus so that finaly they can be shown on the main page

who is with me... tell me in the replyes

Sebastian

There are a variety of users that submit sheets to the site in your position.
You can get Finale Notepad 2012 (which is free). It is a limited version of Finale that can do the very basics. It's not the best to use for arranging, but you can import with it. There are people here (that don't have/use Finale) that ask users with the full version of Finale to help them with formatting, import issues, etc.
You could go with an option like that. I am sure, however, that we can help you get your arrangements on the website!

A_creator

thanks... if you have it tell me and I can send you the midi files for you to convert

Zeila

If you make sheets in musescore, an xml file is more convenient

Dudeman

It is important to remember that NinSheetMusic exists to provide sheet music to pianists who want their repertoire to include VGM. We aren't merely a MIDI library. Finale is among the top engraving softwares out there and we want people to be submitting sheets with the intent to play them, or provide them for others to play.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

A_creator

https://ufile.io/ki3yqI've transcribed by hear the arms theme... true that now there are already some more complete transcriptions, none of them are in this site so here is my transcription for you to convert

Dudeman

*downloads*

...okay, if you're actually aiming to get anything on the site, you're in desperate need of reading the Formatting Guidelines. Apart from that, this hardly counts as an arrangement of the main theme, given how much you're missing, the total absence of a left-hand stave, the incorrect key, the incorrect rhythms, etc. etc. We've got plenty of users here willing to help you get a solid foundation for arranging, but you can't just dump a file here and expect it to be converted and submitted without some effort on your part.

...okay that came off a lot more irritated than I wanted it to but the point stands that this needs a crapton of work
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

A_creator: you can create your own thread in this subforum for posting your own arrangements and getting feedback, etc. Also be sure to check out the stickied topics in the Help board for assistance in various things.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!