[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs - "Legendary Pokemon Encounter" by Trasdegi

Started by Zeta, June 29, 2017, 04:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Legendary Pokemon Encounter
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Trasdegi

Maelstrom

You've got major spacing problems. The systems are much too close together and your margins are off center and much too large.

Trasdegi

Same as the other, I'll fix that when I come back home (July 21th).

Trasdegi

I've moved the systems and centrered the margins, now it's in 3 pages and more espaced.

AmpharosAndy

A few things for this one. (The notes are very good again btw)

- Add bar numbers

- Use bars 1-10 as a first repeat and then cut the repeated bars and keep the second ending. It saves everyone time and ink. Hopefully this will also keep it to two pages.

- (Using bar 8 as an example) I'm not sure if people don't mind successive crotchets in 12/8, but it might be prudent to split the 2nd crotchet of the three into two quavers tied together. There a quite a few examples of this throughout the piece. 
innit

Trasdegi

I did what you said, and it's now only 2 pages long!
But I can't add the measure numbers, because I only have finale notepad and they disappear when I convert from MuseScore to Finale...

Maelstrom

There are a few formatting issues, but those can all be attributed to finale notepad. The real underlying problem here is the arrangement itself. It just doesn't really feel like the original. Too many things are missing. For page one, nothing emphasizes the downbeat of each measure, like the original does quite a bit. An accent or a lower octave harmony could work wonders. However, page 2 is where it really falls apart. You focused on the harp, which could easily be incorporated in the RH if some effort was put in instead of putting in the actual bassline. With how you have it now, you just lose all sense of of the momentum a boss fight has when you hit that part. The bassline will probably need to be completely reworked, and that's more than I like to do as an updater in the submissions.

Trasdegi

I updated the files. I won't be able to fix anything more today, but I will be here a bit longer to talk if needed.

Trasdegi

After reflexion, this sheet needs lots of reworking before it meets the standards, so I'll delete it for now and submit another one instead