[GB] Kirby's Block Ball - "Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright's Stage" (Replacement) by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, July 12, 2017, 07:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Block Ball
Console: Game Boy
Title: Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright's Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Hey, my first replacement submission! Only took me about 11 months to work up the confidence... :-\

This sheet should be called "Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright's (or Brights'?) Stage"

This is also the first game I've submitted a sheet to twice.

Fun Fact: Around November 26th of 2016 I worked on a replacement sheet for this song, but this is a replacement of a replacement. This is it: Original Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright's Stage.musx] (Turned into a .musx file for an easier download.)

Things Wrong With the Original

- print is a little too small
- no articulations to be found
- tempo is 20 bpm faster than it needs to be
- so many wrong notes it's embarrassing
- missing harmonies
- incorrect rhythms that make me wonder how Requiem came up with some of this stuff
- nearly the entire second half isn't even part of the original song. If anything, this sheet should have stayed off the site and stuck with a label as a "Miscellaneous" sheet

In short: an interesting take on the song, but not an arrangement for the site.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

I hate to be a burden by bumping this sheet, but it's been over a month now.

Again, just a reminder that this is here.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Nice arrangement here! Just a couple things:

- It should be in D Major, not G Major.
- m8 - Making the jump from this higher-range 16th run instantly to a low G is really difficult to do at 150bpm. Consider simplifying the run or putting in a different part entirely.
- m21 LH - E#s should be Fns.
- Lastly, consider making all of the pairs of 16ths in the RH just 8th notes. Playing it as written, especially in m1-8, is pretty taxing since you're repeatedly using your pinky or thumb for those.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on August 21, 2017, 11:44:31 AMNice arrangement here! Just a couple things:

- It should be in D Major, not G Major.
- m8 - Making the jump from this higher-range 16th run instantly to a low G is really difficult to do at 150bpm. Consider simplifying the run or putting in a different part entirely.
- m21 LH - E#s should be Fns.
- Lastly, consider making all of the pairs of 16ths in the RH just 8th notes. Playing it as written, especially in m1-8, is pretty taxing since you're repeatedly using your pinky or thumb for those.

A thousand thanks, Static! I can always count on your help!

Files updated. I swapped out the last 16th note in the LH of m8 for a 16th rest. Maybe I should take out the next 16th note, too?

Maelstrom

LeviR.star

Olimar12345

Very well done! My only gripe is that the page two title isn't centered. Also, you don't have to change this for this sheet, but in the future I would consider using a D.C. at the end instead of a repeat bar, but either works.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

Double post: I fixed the LH beat 3 on m. 8 from a B to an A. Now it should be ready.

Zeta