NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is 13 years old!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kirby for the SWITCH!!  (Read 1630 times)

Dudeman

• NSM's Least Active Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Resident Rip Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kirby for the SWITCH!!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 01:03:19 AM »

• Marx apparently somehow managed to survive getting effectively blown up in the Kirby Super Star games
Slightly unrelated to Star Allies on the whole, but I stumbled across a YouTube comment explaining the Kirby timeline and apparently, not only did Marx survive the events of Milky Way Wishes, but also he and Magolor are good friends, and Marx is somewhat responsible for Magolor deciding to trick Kirby into getting the Master Crown for him.
Dudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

• Ordon Overture
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 04:44:24 AM »

Slightly unrelated to Star Allies on the whole, but I stumbled across a YouTube comment explaining the Kirby timeline and apparently, not only did Marx survive the events of Milky Way Wishes, but also he and Magolor are good friends, and Marx is somewhat responsible for Magolor deciding to trick Kirby into getting the Master Crown for him.

Is this Magolore
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

My arrangements and compositions!

Dekkadeci

• Termina Tango
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 05:16:28 AM »

If you're in here for the lore, the Japanese Kirby Twitter 25th Anniversary account's starting to break out the concept art. None of it's going to the spoiler bin for now (early advance shot--based on the Japanese Kirby Twitter account, I will no longer put Zan Partizanne in spoiler tags), but as they add more concept art and non-intuitive stuff is exposed, I'll add more items here:
  • According to pre-Buff Dedede concept art, King Dedede naturally has thumbs. IMO, this is kinda surprising, as King Dedede is a bird.
  • All the Jambastion Mage concept art consistently has the ice mage with an axe, the fire mage with a sword, and the electric mage with a spear. In all but one image, the axe actually looks like an axe (no snowflake design on it). The ice mage often looks the least feminine of the three...which is ironic considering how tomboyish Flamberge the fire Jambastion Mage looks.

The Japanese Kirby Twitter account is also holding a photo contest, and as far as I can tell, the winners will be revealed throughout May. Given the last photo (and drawing) contest for a Kirby game, HAL Laboratory may drop further lore while describing the photos...but I'll put all such lore in another post.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:56:27 AM by Dekkadeci »

Dude

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • You know who it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »

According to pre-Buff Dedede concept art, King Dedede naturally has thumbs. IMO, this is kinda surprising, as King Dedede is a bird.
lewd...

Time Link

• Blank Manuscript Paper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »

Star Allies looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure how the game is. What's it like?

LeviR.star

• Ordon Overture
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »

I was really hyped for this game at first, but when I got the game I noticed a few things about it. The level design is kinda bland compared to the latest games (i.e. Planet Robobot, Return to Dreamland), the difficulty seems to be really watered down, (even more than in Robobot, possibly for younger players,) and overall story mode seems short, as if they canceled something in the development process early and that tried their best to cover it up and make it look finished. It did a few great things, like bring back the "Helper" mechanic, various forms of Copy Ability mixing, and some of the great abilities of the past (like Cook,) but that said, it wasn't very original or game-changing. Though, if you haven't played Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, or Kirby: Planet Robobot already, I'd give this one a shot. Heck, I'd give it a shot either way, it's up to you.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

My arrangements and compositions!

Dekkadeci

• Termina Tango
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »

Yeah, after watching boss fights over and over again, the difficulty seems too watered-down. I don't care what game it's for, boss battles should last at least 30 seconds unless they're purposefully pushover levels of easy (so the short-as-heck Mettaton NEO fight in Undertale is OK because he's supposed to be far too easy to beat, but any less-than-15-seconds boss fight in Kirby Star Allies is not because none of the bosses are presented as pushovers).

Sometimes I wonder whether none of the "turn red" boss AI changes being associated with music changes in this game is because it ruined the experience of the short boss fights in playtesting.

SlowPokemon

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • GRAAAAAHH
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »

I’m on world 5 of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and tbh easy boss fights sound like a dream right now, LOL

Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.