NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kirby for the SWITCH!!  (Read 727 times)

BlackDragonSlayer

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • Black Dragons Beware
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby for the SWITCH!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 04:39:29 AM »

Haven't played Squeak Squad, but ability mixing definitely seems like a fun thing; kind of reminds me of Gunstar Heroes in that regard (except I assume it's a lot more limited than being able to mix any two abilities?).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Nornova Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread

Dekkadeci

• Birdo's Ballet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »

We finally got the name of this game: it's Kirby: Star Allies!

And whatever dark force is the main antagonist of this game, it's got King Dedede (yet again) and the king seems to like it.

(I'm predicting a Dark Matter-like main antagonist. Hoping for something of 0/02-like scale...)

Nebbles

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »

just take my money already, nintendo
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • pls delet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »

dedede is fucking swole now
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

LeviR.star

• Ordon Overture
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

I forgot this existed.

I'll post a general analysis here later.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

My arrangements and compositions!

Dekkadeci

• Birdo's Ballet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 06:48:09 AM »

Dang it, I forgot this existed, too.

Alright, we got news earlier this January about Kirby Star Allies. More ability mixing, more abilities period, and finally, some dang tidbits about the storyline for a change:
  • The release date is Mar. 16, 2018. It's gonna be one heck of a Friday...
  • The new copy abilities include Artist and Spider. Artist's corresponding helper/enemy resembles both Elline and Paintra. Taranza 100% approves of the new Spider copy ability. (OK, I'm likely joking about the last point.)
  • A teaser shows the beginning of the storyline--a giant dark heart resembling the Heart of Star Dream Soul OS sheds its protective layers and explodes, sending dark, heart-shaped missiles of magic to Popstar. (I'm sorta surprised they hit only Popstar, especially since they pass several other tempting planets along the way.) One of them falls straight into King Dedede's castle. King Dedede investigates and is promptly screwed.
  • Meta Knight also gets hit by a dark heart missile at some point and is a boss in this game. Trailer shots reveal that the developers got lazy again and assigned him Dark Meta Knight-from-Kirby: Triple Deluxe's ability to "duplicate" himself into 4 bodies.
  • There's a new boss/probably recurring character, Francisca. She's all head, hands, and hollow torso. She's an ice mage with the power to shoot streams of water from her snowflake wand (yeah, she's probably not just an ice mage). She wears a hat with a demon-winged, one-eyed heart logo on it. She looks like she's a member of the "Order of the Dire Heart" (for lack of a better name for the villains--note that I made that name up), and I don't think she got hit by a dark heart missile. She appears many times in promotional art, rather like Susie from Kirby: Planet Robobot.
  • The seeming leader of the "Order of the Dire Heart" is a white-robed, white-hooded, white-sleeved floating figure with small yellow eyes and a darkened face. His hood has the same demon-winged, one-eyed heart logo on it as Francisca's hat. A trailer shot shows him coaxing magic out of a giant dark heart, quite possibly the giant dark heart stabbed with several heart-swords shown in another trailer shot. Yes, all those giant dark hearts resemble the one in the beginning of the storyline, and they therefore all look uncannily like the Heart of Nova.
  • Want speculation? The Kirby Wiki is already speculating that Francisca will defect from the "Order of the Dire Heart". I'm personally speculating that she'll only defect as hard from the villains as Susie did (i.e. she remains antagonistic for the entire game--Susie did stop being openly hostile to the protagonists and reluctantly help them out for a bit, though). I predict that the seeming leader is the 2nd last boss in the game and some version of the stabbed heart (possibly rogue, possibly with the swords removed) is the final boss.

I'm too lazy to get YouTube trailer links right now.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.