News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version for Nintendo 3DS

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which version will you get?

Pokémon Gold Version
Pokémon Silver Version
Both
Neither

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on June 07, 2017, 04:23:21 PMfucking seriously dude
eusine though

eusine is really what this is all about

also he's dudeman not dude

And, just saying... completely unrelated to the previous train of thought, but... Gen 2 has the best gym theme. HGSS botched it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

gen 2 does suck wtf why everyone say thats a troll thing to say

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Gen 2 really did so much for the franchise though. It was so much more refined and polished than Gen 1 in terms of both gameplay (precedent of adding types and splitting Special into Special Attack and Special Defense... like it should have been all along) and story elements (first legendaries tied into the history and/or myths of the region), without overdoing anything. It was simple, and created such a wonderful atmosphere.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 07, 2017, 07:51:01 PMGen 2 really did so much for the franchise though. It was so much more refined and polished than Gen 1 in terms of both gameplay (precedent of adding types and splitting Special into Special Attack and Special Defense... like it should have been all along) and story elements (first legendaries tied into the history and/or myths of the region), without overdoing anything.

that doesn't mean that the game is not bad though

i'm not denying its importance, only its quality when you remove it from the "progression" of pokemon mechanics

Olimar12345

Quote from: Altissimo on June 07, 2017, 07:43:44 PMgen 2 does suck wtf why everyone say thats a troll thing to say

Because of where he said it duh the thread is basically a "HERE COMES GEN 2 HYPE" thread.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on June 07, 2017, 07:43:44 PMgen 2 does suck wtf why everyone say thats a troll thing to say

People say that, but gen II are objectively the most fun Pokémon games, like even though I played Ruby first I have to say I've never had more fun with Pokémon than I have with gen II, even years later. It holds up.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on June 07, 2017, 08:05:27 PMthat doesn't mean that the game is not bad though

i'm not denying its importance, only its quality when you remove it from the "progression" of pokemon mechanics
The gameplay makes the game though. If you remove that, then that statement could apply to any game in the series (though there are also other factors that make certain games in particular, especially Gen 2, enjoyable).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Gen 2 fixed what was wrong with gen 1

And what was wrong with gen 1 is what made it enjoyable
unmotivated

swimswamit

The music and the location always sold it for me. Johto> kanto and you get both anyway :s

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2017, 08:28:50 PMPeople say that, but gen II are objectively the most fun Pokémon games

I like how you say "objectively" as if it is some sort of undeniable fact. Are you forgetting the part where grinding is much, much, MUCH more of a chore than in any other Pokémon game, and you probably have to grind to beat Red?

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 07, 2017, 08:31:30 PMThe gameplay makes the game though. If you remove that, then that statement could apply to any game in the series (though there are also other factors that make certain games in particular, especially Gen 2, enjoyable).
I think you're missing the point of what I said

LeviR.star

May I ask why an entirely new topic was created for a Virtual Console version of a game?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements