News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these games' announcement?

I'm really excited!
I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm still undecided.
I think it sounds pretty stupid.
I'm angry about it.

SlowPokemon

This was hilariously out of left field???

Tbh it feels like they're trying to end the Sun and Moon gen early because they're going to move to Switch after that. But idk if the game is cool enough then I'll be okay with it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

Shoot. This means I'll have to actually plan Sun soon :S + Ultra Sun/Moon sound pretty stupid. At least B2/W2 was acceptable.
innit

SlowPokemon

I think you shouldn't be so quick to judge it. It looked pretty cool and the originals were great games. Personally I'm just glad this isn't Pokémon Stars or whatever the popular choice was because I didn't understand why people wanted a straight rerelease

Also from the title seems like the Ultra Beasts will play a bigger role this time?

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 06, 2017, 07:31:08 AMI think you shouldn't be so quick to judge it.
How stupid a title sounds isn't really much of a judgement haha.

But it makes a lot of sense now that you point that out (not that I know what Ultra Beasts are, I've just heard of them).
innit

Sir Dino

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on June 06, 2017, 07:28:12 AMShoot. This means I'll have to actually plan Sun soon :S + Ultra Sun/Moon sound pretty stupid. At least B2/W2 was acceptable.
B2/W2 made sense, they had slightly better animations from the previous one and the plot had a great storyline.

i was actually hoping to see a remake made for the switch? you know, because its literally a handheld console? the fact that ultra sun/moon was added to end of the direct, AFTER pokken tournament, felt like an afterthought and kinda pisses me off. like i get that they were trying to promote pokken, but c'mon. nintendo's main series is arguably their best seller, they could have totally sold it if they had started off with introducing us to US/UM
but overall i guess it shouldn't be too bad. the trailer was cute, and i'm kinda interested to see how they lead with the ultra beasts this time around
god i can't wait for more excruciating long tutorials...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on June 06, 2017, 07:44:20 AMHow stupid a title sounds isn't really much of a judgement haha.

But it makes a lot of sense now that you point that out (not that I know what Ultra Beasts are, I've just heard of them).

OH sorry, you meant just the titles. That wasn't really clear ahaha

Quote from: Sir Dino on June 06, 2017, 07:45:55 AMB2/W2 made sense, they had slightly better animations from the previous one and the plot had a great storyline.

i was actually hoping to see a remake made for the switch? you know, because its literally a handheld console? the fact that ultra sun/moon was added to end of the direct, AFTER pokken tournament, felt like an afterthought and kinda pisses me off. like i get that they were trying to promote pokken, but c'mon. nintendo's main series is arguably their best seller, they could have totally sold it if they had started off with introducing us to US/UM
but overall i guess it shouldn't be too bad. the trailer was cute, and i'm kinda interested to see how they lead with the ultra beasts this time around
god i can't wait for more excruciating long tutorials...

Nintendo Life is reporting that the games have an "alternate storyline" so as long as they throw in some new areas, actually give us an entire Pokédex this time, and streamline a few of the messier features (like Festival Plaza) I'll be happy with this. That's basically what B2W2 did too, people overlook the fact that 70% of B2W2 is the same as the original BW.

SlowPokemon

Double post, but suddenly with the advent of the fusion between Solgaleo / Lunala and Necrozma, Colress being in Alola doesn't seem so bizarre. Since he was a big part of the Kyurem fusions from B2W2.

DocDoom2

I'm excited for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon!
If they are indeed the last main series Pokemon games for the 3ds, it will be a nice note for them to end on.
Probably going to get Ultra Sun though, 'cause the Necrozma/Lunala fusion seems more forced than Solgaleo's, granted both seem weird.
Also really excited for the larger Pokedex they're hinting at!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 06, 2017, 07:54:45 AMDouble post, but suddenly with the advent of the fusion between Solgaleo / Lunala and Necrozma, Colress being in Alola doesn't seem so bizarre. Since he was a big part of the Kyurem fusions from B2W2.
When first seeing the fusions, I immediately thought of Kyurem, but I totally forgot that Colress appeared in S/M for virtually no reason whatsoever. I'm hoping that he has a bigger role this time around, as I've been told he's one of the most interesting/best villains in the series.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Not being sequels makes it sound like a lazy way to rerelease the game for more money though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Yeah, I will say that I'm not entirely confident in going out and getting a second 40-dollar game which is 50% (or more) identical to the first just for some new alternate forms and story content. Heaven knows original Sun/Moon won't be compatible with any new stuff coming out of Ultra, but I'm going to remain optimistic.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

deep breath
LILLIE IS COMING BACK???
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

YAYYYYYY And maybe this time she won't leave us for Kanto

SlowPokemon

Unpopular opinion: Lillie is annoying at the beginning, kind of okay in the second half, but at no point is she anywhere as good as Hau

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.