News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Insig Tries To Play - Discussion!

Started by InsigTurtle, May 29, 2017, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Do your discussion stuff here!

Right now, we're talking about choosing the right partner and the right nicknames.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SpartanChief17

For partner, I'd again say Charmander, mainly because the facial expressions throughout the gameplay really help with experiencing the feels.  Name-wise, I'd just leave the partner's nickname whatever Pokemon he/she is.  (Actually, something possible is making the partner the opposite gender from the main player.  Throw in romantic attachments and whatnot. idk lol)
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

InsigTurtle

Aww, but I'm not a big fan of Turtwig :P
In any case, the lil' guy is leading in the polls right now, so it'll probably be him. In that case, suggest nicknames for him!

And I can't do Charmander (though I like 'im) because Cyndaquil's already a fire type, the game doesn't allow you to pick partners of the same type. If you want me to pick a female partner, there's Eevee, Skitty, and Chikorita.

I'll let the discussion go for maybe 2-7 days, and then I'll follow up on the next part, using your guys' suggestions. Even after the intro, I'm planning to have some interactivity so y'all can pitch in and make my life as easy or as miserable as you want!

cashwarrior1

Pokemon and their nicknames:

Turtwig - Tortilla
Turtwig - Twigtilla
Turtwig - TurtleWig
Turtwig - Turtwig Van Beethoven

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

SpartanChief17

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 29, 2017, 06:39:29 PM
X_D

Spoiler
still think the partner should be female instead of Turtwig
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

I chose either Turtwig or Squirtle. I figure it would be a good idea to have a complimentary type.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AmpharosAndy

Mudkip + Turtwig are great for feels. I think something like skitty/eevee would be interesting because I don't know anyone who's chosen them + I have no emotional connection whatsoever. It's why I picked tepig in my psmd playthrough (because I don't like it that much)
innit

InsigTurtle

I already chose Cyndaquil as the player, though. So at the current moment, it looks Turtwig's gonna be my partner. I'll y'all until Thursday, June 1st to suggest nicknames for Cyndaquil and Turtwig before I do my next update.

Also, other naming things you can suggest now (but I might not get to them yet)
– Team name
– Recruit names

Current Strawpoll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13065340

EDIT: Haha just kidding looks like Totodile's leading now

cashwarrior1

SpartanChief17

Why not name the Cyndaquil "Insig" and just leave Turtwig as "Turtwig"?
Spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

It's super on-the-nose, but I think it'd be funny if you named yourself Insig and your partner Turtle. I can't think of any other ideas rn.

AmpharosAndy

You: Insig
Partner: nificant (lower case n)
innit