News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Olimar12345's Big Band Arrangements

Started by Olimar12345, May 01, 2017, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Here's where I'll be posting various big band arrangements of mine that get the luxury of getting a performance. All recordings are done by the HCC Monday Night Big Band, under the direction of Woody Witt.

Check out this playlist for my big band arrangements, in reverse-chronological order:

https://soundcloud.com/olimar12345/sets/big-band-arrangements-by
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Static

These are both fantastic! Yes, I'm very interested in hearing the 3rd one. Also do you have scores of these available? If not, that's fine, just wondering.

AmpharosAndy

By golly, jubilife city was good! Who performed it? Plus now I've heard your voice it doesn't sound like olimar's anymore :(
innit

Olimar12345

Thanks you guys, I appreciate it. All tunes are performed by the HCC Monday Night Big Band, under the direction of Woody Witt.

The third piece of mine that was performed is really special. Titled "Emotion Sickness," it is a big band arrangement of the opening track from the album "Ghosts" by Joe LoCascio. We were lucky enough to have Joe LoCascio come in and play on it (piano).

https://soundcloud.com/olimar12345/emotion-sickness
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

daj

Brilliant stuff! :) Of course the only one I can properly appreciate is the Jubilife City haha, but I really enjoy your writing. The drum set writing is especially well done, I think that part alone can direct the entire band.

Oh, and I hear excellent horn/trombone solos in the foreground ;)

Olimar12345

Thank you, Daj  :) Although, the chart/writing cannot be given the praise for the drum set performance. Credit must be given to our fantastic plerformers, especially in the rhythm section where typically the least amount of writing exists! xD

Olimar12345

Update: I forgot about this arrangement. I finished it back in January and the band read it, but it ultimately didn't get a second read (rip). Some of you guys here might get a kick out of it though lol:

[K.K. Jazz from Animal Crossing, for big band]

Olimar12345

Edit: *snip*
Not the final product but still pretty cool imo

JDMEK5

That's totally sick! Do we get to hear the finished product?? I'm much hype
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Thanks, JD. Sure, I'll post it. Listening to how rough/unbalanced that raw version was made me want to take it  down, so I'll just post the complete one whenever it's posted.

Olimar12345

Here's an older one that never got a performance (though we did read it a couple times). Below is the Finale-generated sound output for an arrangement of "Unfinished Business" (from Skullgirls) that I wrote back in 2014. I transcribed it and rearranged it for a big band featuring the saxophone section.

[Unfinished Business (Skullgirls) for Big Band]

Olimar12345

So this is the latest thing I've completed for big band: it's an arrangement of the secret hidden track "White" (or King's theme) from Cave Story. Below is the computer generated sound output, so you'll have to use your imagination for a lot of it. I was fortunate to have this piece read and rehearsed tonight and with a few small changes it works well.

[ White ]

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

mikey

link works

my imagination doesn't

maybe make a live recording sometime
unmotivated