News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - "Frosty

Started by Zeta, April 29, 2017, 06:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Frosty Grotto
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: Sean081799

Altissimo

for the record if any formatting needs to be edited on this it's my fault and i'll fix it myself

AmpharosAndy

Are the little flutters in bar 13 and 14 purposefully omitted? I do understand why, to be fair, if so. Other than that it looks good to go!
innit

Sean081799

No, I just didn't catch them. In fact I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out (my mistake - this is my first submitted arrangement).

Zeila

You did a good job, but it could be cleaned up a bit

Formatting stuff (since you only have notepad I took care of it):
- I left the copyright alone since the other sheets on site have slashes (albeit the wrong url...), but lately people have been using commas instead
- The abbreviations for piano 1 and 2 should be I and II
- I think the game title should be the same on the site, but if it's too long the ones Ben submitted on site have Blue first and include a colon
- The pedal markings were noticeably misaligned, and some crescendo markings are colliding with the bar lines
- Resized the echoed notes to make more of a distinction
- I changed the key signature to Bb minor but I'm not confident about that (nor the enharmonic spellings) so it's best if you get another opinion
- Since your coda is only one measure and is identical to the penultimate one, I got rid of it and put "D.C." instead. And if you were to put a coda anyways, it should be a separate system. I also spaced out the last system a bit so with both of those changes the last page isn't nearly as cramped
- For the last measure, instead of cramping two layers into one staff, I moved it over to the LH and switched clefs. Also, it might be better if the piano 1 player were to play the second layer but I left it as is
- I resized everything to 90% so it's 4 pages instead of 5

Note stuff:
- m1+ similar instances (pno I) every 4th sixteenth note is an Enat; m3+ similar instances every 4th sixteenth note is an Eb. Also, it should crescendo until m5
- m9-12 (pno II) I don't think there should be any accents; you're also missing a Db in m9/10 and C's in m11/12 (on top of the off-beat notes), I changed the LH clef to treble, lowered the melody down an octave, and switched both staves. If this isn't satisfactory for you, feel free to change it back
- m13/14 the tie isn't necessary and I think dotted quarter notes would look cleaner
- m16 (pno I) LH last eighth note is a Db; (pno II) LH should be dyads
- m17+ (pno I) I think you should get rid of the accents, but I left them there

There are more incorrect notes towards the end so just take another listen through and revise it

File: [mus]

Sean081799

Thank you. I'm not too experienced with this, and I trust your judgement more than my own. I'll try to do some touch ups.

Maelstrom

Sean081799

Haven't gotten a chance to work on it really, sorry. :/ (And since I don't have the full version of Finale, it's really difficult to modify)

Maelstrom

Sean081799

Alright that worked, should've thought of that sooner. I'll try to do some stuff this weekend. Sorry for the long delay.

Maelstrom

Shelving this for now. Post this again when the files are fixed. Please don't just submit the same sheet again. If you need help, we have threads for it: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=685.0