Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 9
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

I'm not sure about some of these dyads; some of them I need advice on whether or not the bottom note should be raised and octave. And I fiddled around with the time signature to make it loop better.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 28, 2017, 01:43:03 AMI'm not sure about some of these dyads; some of them I need advice on whether or not the bottom note should be raised and octave.
General thing to go by: Fast tenths are a no-no.

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 28, 2017, 01:43:03 AMAnd I fiddled around with the time signature to make it loop better.
Unnecessary. I get the point, but it's a bit confusing.

From what I'm hearing though, it's transcriptionally accurate. Nice job with that.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 28, 2017, 01:55:09 AMGeneral thing to go by: Fast tenths are a no-no.
Unnecessary. I get the point, but it's a bit confusing.

Right, then. I'll fix those

Hmm... I wonder if Dudeman's Mega Man senses are tingling right now...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Okay, ew, don't ever screw around with time signatures like that for the sake of a loop. Use pickup measures.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on April 28, 2017, 09:50:40 AMOkay, ew, don't ever screw around with time signatures like that for the sake of a loop. Use pickup measures.

Two problems:

1. There already is one
2. The ties don't transfer over repeat signs

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 28, 2017, 11:29:18 AMThe ties don't transfer over repeat signs
For future reference, this doesn't matter that much, if at all.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 28, 2017, 11:33:22 AMFor future reference, this doesn't matter that much, if at all.

Ok, then. Should I just make all measures 4/4 and delete the pickup, and then tie over the last RH dyad and LH note to the beginning, even if it won't agree with the midi?

Dudeman

Yes yes yes. MIDI is the least important file of the three. The presentation of the sheet itself should come first and foremost.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zeila

^^ There are two more options you could do though

1. Start with a pickup anyways (while keeping everything in 4/4)
2. Put the forward repeat sign on m2 and copy over m1 to the end

Otherwise, leaving it alone seems fine. Also, your layering needs work. All of those rests look odd imo and almost make the second layer in the LH and RH seem like two different voices. Try experimenting a bit. You could also try putting most of the harmonies into it's own separate layer instead of only distinguishing them when the rhythms are different so it'll connect better

test
[close]
If it seems unnecessarily complicated, then feel free to change it up. There's likely a better way so someone else can offer their opinion too

Latios212

Exactly what I was going to comment on with the layers, Zeila.

You're gotten quite good at transcription, Levi, and that's terrific. Now you need to really focus on performer friendliness. Repeated 16th notes are impractical at 180 BPM even without other layers on top of them. I would cut those. Don't be afraid to move around or omit notes that cause unwieldy intervals, or to ask for suggestions on how to do so. Remember, any interval more than an octave, generally speaking, is pushing it, and at this speed, you really don't want any of those at all.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on April 28, 2017, 01:58:47 PMRepeated 16th notes are impractical at 180 BPM even without other layers on top of them. I would cut those. Don't be afraid to move around or omit notes that cause unwieldy intervals, or to ask for suggestions on how to do so. Remember, any interval more than an octave, generally speaking, is pushing it, and at this speed, you really don't want any of those at all.

I'll make sure to follow that general rule. :)

Say, Zeila, how do I do what you have pictured?

Zeila

Here's a guide that includes other stuff too
http://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Finale2014Win/Content/Finale/Cross_staff_notes.htm
Google is your friend

The advanced tools palette/special tools tool has other stuff that's useful such as the accidental mover which you can use to hide any accidentals that appear in a second layer. And there are other shortcuts in general that you can use such as L, P, F, and '/' for flipping stems, putting cautionary accidentals, flipping slurs/bends, and splitting/combining stems. Here's a link to a guide with a bunch of other keyboard shortcuts you may be unaware of
http://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Finale2014Win/Content/Finale/Keyboard_Shortcuts_and_Special_Mouse_Clicks.htm

LeviR.star

This has not been abandoned. Playability has been taken care of; I also had to fix some counting when I added the pickup. In EVERY measure. I'll be going over stem work with Zeila.

LeviR.star

Updated the files with some Skype help from Zeila, mastersuperfan and Static. I wasn't sure about the slurs, so I did the best I could. No repeated 16ths remain. They only exist now in a midi file on my computer.