News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[MUL] Mega Man 9 - "Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1)" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, April 28, 2017, 01:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

If you need to stick a 2nd layer rest in the middle of the staff to get it out of the way, it's probably a good idea to just hide it.
Also condense the rests in m35 into a single layer like you have earlier.

Do you want to use the measure tool to move the pickup measure notes a tad closer to the actual music? It looks quite off right now.

Otherwise, it's great!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 11, 2017, 09:04:28 AMIf you need to stick a 2nd layer rest in the middle of the staff to get it out of the way, it's probably a good idea to just hide it.
Also condense the rests in m35 into a single layer like you have earlier.

Do you want to use the measure tool to move the pickup measure notes a tad closer to the actual music? It looks quite off right now.

Otherwise, it's great!

Thanks, Maelstrom; that does look better! I hope I made the changes you meant.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

LH first two beats are flipped in m. 22 - please fix.

Before we go ahead and accept, a note -

This is a great transcription, but it's very impractical as an arrangement. The tempo is fast and the middle voice creates awkward combinations of voices to play with your two hands - often having to jump large intervals and such. When arranging it's important to not only get the notes right, but to try to make it a good experience to play. Be friendly to people without large hands, and try to cut down on difficulty wherever possible. I know you mentioned your piano experience is limited, but just listen to the song at full speed and try tapping out the arrangement on air-piano. It doesn't work so well.

The arrangement is borderline passable, but I don't really like it. I know it's tough to make good arrangement changes when dealing with retro tracks, but it's something to keep in mind as you grow as an arranger.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Woah what happened here

Is it just me or is the whole thing half a beat off

Quote from: Zeila on April 28, 2017, 01:49:39 PM
test
[close]

Is this not how it should be

(Also get rid of the tie on beat 1 of the RH in m26)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Woah okay yeah, I agree. Everything needs to be a half-beat forward.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

But... I was told to include a pickup... it took forever to change... ok, I'll change it back.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

I don't believe that was what was meant by adding a pickup...if I'm reading this right, the whole point of any sort of pickup measure was to make the piece loop smoothly. In that case, I'd go with what Zeila suggested and copy measure 1 at the end of the piece and put the repeats around ms. 2 through the end.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Static

You shouldn't need an extra measure or pickup or anything for it to loop smoothly. In all my experiences with Finale, having a tie through a repeat didn't affect anything (some of my own sheets are good examples of this). I use Finale 2014 as well as Levi, so the version isn't the issue.

With that said, I don't really know why the ties aren't playing over the repeat, and if it continues to be a problem, then I would follow Dudeman's/Zeila's advice.

WaluigiTime64

You probably shouldn't bother with the pick up, because that's only about MIDI playback, which doesn't concern the sheet itself. Go with what MSF said.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Oh, yeah, oops. Looking through the sheet, I'm noticing there isn't really anywhere to add a forward repeat or anything to make the piece loop smoothly in playback anyway (which was Zeila's second suggestion), so it doesn't matter. As long as the sheet is realigned the way msf had it, then it should be good, appearance-wise.

LeviR.star

Thanks to the help of Static while I was gone, the files are once again updated!

mastersuperfan

Why use a D.C. instead of a repeat sign?

And you'd need some really big hands to play m21, m27, and m30-31. Too big.

Measures 22-23 in the left hand don't look very feasible to play, either...

tl;dr what Lat said about playability
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Updated again. I'm going to bed; any suggestions given in the middle of the night will not be able to be edited by me until probably 10 hours from now.

Maelstrom

I hate to be that guy, but m33 RH b3 has a misaligned 2nd layer. I can fix it if you'd like.

Maelstrom