Series: Other
Game: Cave Story (WiiWare)
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Geothermal
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

I love it!
One quick question:
m21 - The LH chord is unplayable. You marked ways of fixing problems like that throughout the piece, but why not stick something here?

Olimar12345

Other marked spots called for hand switching, whereas this instance the pianist will have to slightly roll the chord with the same hand to sound all of the voices. The pedal takes care of the sustain.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 11, 2017, 10:47:45 AMOther marked spots called for hand switching, whereas this instance the pianist will have to slightly roll the chord with the same hand to sound all of the voices. The pedal takes care of the sustain.
I get that. What I meant was, should it be notated, or is it considered implied?

Olimar12345

It should be implied. If I write a rolled chord symbol, that means I want that sound effect. In this instance, I don't particularly want that specific effect, so the pianist should strive to minimize the delay.

Static

Is there a reason you sometimes (like in m5 RH, lower voice) have that rhythm notated as a half tied to a dotted quarter, but in other places (like m11 LH, upper voice) have it written as a dotted half tied to an 8th? I know it's a really small detail but I feel like the note groupings should be consistent.

In m19-34 RH, all of the offbeat 8ths should be Gs, but if that was intentional in order to put in more chord tones then that's fine.

That's all I got to say for this one, it looks fantastic!

Olimar12345

The situation in which those rhythms occurred were different. Now that you point it out though, I have made them consistent sheet-wise.

The up-beats in the RH (m19-34) are actually all diads with the lowest note always sounding a D below the upper note. The pitches I have are the upper of the two pitches, which do change occasionally. I did not include the lower note to make it easier to play.

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot