Contribution Resources on the Main Site

Started by Altissimo, April 22, 2017, 03:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Altissimo on April 25, 2017, 04:39:26 PMArranging Resources/Guides

Music Theory Resources (can either be links to appropriate pages OR user-submitted guides)

You had three sections. I was saying that only the first section seems necessary for the main site and that the other two (shown above) should go on the forums.

How are you confused about this?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Dudeman

Pianoth, what on earth do you mean by "synthetic"?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianoth

Short, concise, terse. Uhm, I thought that word meant that in English, I was wrong apparently, interestingly enough ("Sintetico" in Italian means both "concise" and "artificial"). Anyway, that's what I meant; I guess I'll modify my post to make it clear enough.

mikey

Synthetic means artificial here, it doesn't have the connotation of 'compact' that Italian does apparently
unmotivated

Dudeman

Ohhhhhh I totally forgot that Pianoth is Italian, that explains it. :P
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianoth

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 26, 2017, 10:44:57 AMSynthetic means artificial here, it doesn't have the connotation of 'compact' that Italian does apparently
Yeah, but it's not like I've checked every word I learned in English in the dictionary, I just assumed it had the same meanings hahaha... I checked after Dudeman pointed out, so I corrected myself.

E. Gadd Industries

Hmmm... I guess that could imply that artificial things make things more concise than their natural counterparts?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

All right well I don't know when the main site overhaul is happening but in the meantime maybe we could consolidate some of the stickies into 1 place with a lot of info??

JDMEK5

I just wanna say (cuz I don't think I have yet) that a long time ago, I actually did have a "Music Theory Q/A (or something of the rather)" topic for theory from basic simple stuff to more complicated stuff. It never reached completion persay, but it did have some stuff in there that I had actually written out (articles on keys, rhythms, etc iirc). Might be worthwhile to dig that up perhaps. It may help if I'm understanding everything in this topic correctly.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Altissimo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 09, 2017, 09:19:59 PMI just wanna say (cuz I don't think I have yet) that a long time ago, I actually did have a "Music Theory Q/A (or something of the rather)" topic for theory from basic simple stuff to more complicated stuff. It never reached completion persay, but it did have some stuff in there that I had actually written out (articles on keys, rhythms, etc iirc). Might be worthwhile to dig that up perhaps. It may help if I'm understanding everything in this topic correctly.

Maybe the community could help finish it, too?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Altissimo on May 10, 2017, 05:24:46 AMMaybe the community could help finish it, too?
That was originally the hope but I mean, yeah whatever you guys want.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26