News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[MUL] Yooka-Laylee - "Hivory Towers" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, April 13, 2017, 05:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Yooka-Laylee
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Hivory Towers
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Latios212

Not a question about the sheet (or directed at you since you didn't create the title information for this game), but shouldn't Yooka-Laylee be under the Banjo-Kazooie section on site?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Ah, good question! Yooka-Laylee is independent from the Banjo-Kazooie series. It is technically created by the same people, but completely different companies (Banjo being Rare and Yooka being Playtonic). The only similarities is that it is a 3D platformer with a duo protagonist (like Banjo-Kazooie).

WaluigiTime64

Two things:
 - In M.22, that 8va gets really close to the deep notes in M.23. I'd recommend either making it shorter to wrap around the notes it's actually affecting, or remove it entirely, considering you're letting the left hand notes go that low in the following measures anyway.
 - From M.39-46, would it sound nice to put some arpeggio articulations onto the RH chords? I'm hearing a bit of that in the original song.

Wonderful sheet. Can't wait to see more.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on April 13, 2017, 06:04:25 PMAh, good question! Yooka-Laylee is independent from the Banjo-Kazooie series. It is technically created by the same people, but completely different companies (Banjo being Rare and Yooka being Playtonic). The only similarities is that it is a 3D platformer with a duo protagonist (like Banjo-Kazooie).
Well, it's not uncommon for a game in a series to be developed by a different developer. We also have a spiritual successor listed under the original series on site: Bravely Default.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue a point about whether or not it should technically be classified as part of the same series (since you clearly know a lot more about these few games than I do); rather I just imagine that someone visiting the site looking for Yooka-Laylee sheet music would be more inclined to check the Banjo section rather than Other. But I could be wrong. :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2017, 07:37:14 PMAnyway, I'm not trying to argue a point about whether or not it should technically be classified as part of the same series (since you clearly know a lot more about these few games than I do); rather I just imagine that someone visiting the site looking for Yooka-Laylee sheet music would be more inclined to check the Banjo section rather than Other. But I could be wrong. :P

tbh what if we couldnt just put a few sheets, like that and others that might be in a similar situation, in multiple places

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 13, 2017, 06:05:25 PMTwo things:
 - In M.22, that 8va gets really close to the deep notes in M.23. I'd recommend either making it shorter to wrap around the notes it's actually affecting, or remove it entirely, considering you're letting the left hand notes go that low in the following measures anyway.
It's different when the notes are in octaves than when they are alone; they're easier to read, which is why there is only an 8vb in M. 22. I could just shorten it, but it's not really that huge of a deal.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 13, 2017, 06:05:25 PM- From M.39-46, would it sound nice to put some arpeggio articulations onto the RH chords? I'm hearing a bit of that in the original song.
I thought of that too, but they are too uneven. Those pizzicato stringed instruments don't "roll" up or down, but they are all played at roughly the same time while slightly off. I articulated that with a staccato.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2017, 07:37:14 PMWell, it's not uncommon for a game in a series to be developed by a different developer. We also have a spiritual successor listed under the original series on site: Bravely Default.
Oh, ok. I didn't know that. It really doesn't matter to me haha.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2017, 07:37:14 PMAnyway, I'm not trying to argue a point about whether or not it should technically be classified as part of the same series (since you clearly know a lot more about these few games than I do); rather I just imagine that someone visiting the site looking for Yooka-Laylee sheet music would be more inclined to check the Banjo section rather than Other. But I could be wrong. :P
I guess so. I didn't know spiritual successors were classified under the game series they succeed. Really doesn't matter to me either way. Anyone else have any thoughts?

MaestroUGC

It may be a spiritual successor, but it is not part of the same franchise, which is how the sheets are organized on the site.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Sebastian

Latios212

How about extending the 8vb to be from m. 15-22?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Maelstrom

My first impression is that it needs much, much more room.  Places like m31 give the quarters and the 8ths equal spacing. Flats in m47 are really close to stems. I'd recommend either sizing it down a bit or swapping the notehead font to maestro if you haven't already. It's a problem, but rearranging the systems might be overcompensating.

Sebastian

Oh, right. Whoops. I got this updated a while ago^
Forgot to post about it 'til now.